Just started creatine

Chris Kimmerly

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
I am 32 years of age and just stared to train heavy again after a 8 month lay off. I just want to know if it is posible to use creatine and keep the weight gain to a minimum. I am trying to lose the fat weight and I am only taking the creatine for the added energy and to help with recovery. Is this possible.

I have been taking creatine for the last month. Along with my diet and same rutine i have still been losing weight so yes its possible

Imortal Warrior said:
I have been taking creatine for the last month. Along with my diet and same rutine i have still been losing weight so yes its possible

Thanks for the input.

yea, ive been takin creatine and havent gained weight.

You'll gain a fair bit of water weight (about 5 pounds deoending on how big you are) but as soon as you stop the creatine that disapears again. I cycled off for my last competition and lost the weight in 5 days or so.

Creatine is great for muscel gain and it will not effect you from losing fat. I would recomend adding glutamine to your supplement routine to better help with recovery.

just make sure you do your cardio and eat healthy

Weight gain is a matter of your diet. The only weight gain from creatine you would get is from your body holding more water due to the creatine. Skip the initial loading phase and you should be fine.

Back