Just Some Things Sherdoggers Say

kingcillo24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sherdoggers' Thoughts:

- I wish MMA was like the good days the mid '90's when the finish rates were high and fights were brutal. Decisions are too high nowadays

- I don't like Flyweights because they don't finish fights. They are boring.

- I don't like women fights.

Rebuttal:

Flyweights 12 fights so far 5 finishes. DJ 3 fights 3 decision. He makes up 25% of the fights so far.
1 Knockout of the Night
3 Fight of the Night.

3 Invicta events so far with 39 fights. Out of those 39 fights there were 27 finishes. That is a 69.2% finish. That is near the same finish percentage of the UFC from years 1998-2006.

So you guys like the good old days when finishes were high but don't like female fights even though they have a glory days like finish percentage.

I see WMMA like the early days of MMA. Royce Gracie dominated with submissions just like Ronda Rousey is doing right now. Why can't WMMA develop like Men's MMA did?

Direct Quotes from Sherdoggers on this thread -

Zachery824 - "If I wanted to watch 125 pound men fight, I'd go to my nephew's kindergarden class and tell him I'll buy him whatever toy he wants to start a fight with one of his classmates. And if I wanted to watch women (who weigh more than the FLW) fight, I'd tell your mother and sister how I banged them both. /Thread."

Alexandergreat3 - "The last flyweight fight I watched was the championship fight. I couldn't get myself to sit through all three rounds."

Last edited:
Sherdoggers' Thoughts:

- I wish MMA was like the good days the mid '90's when the finish rates were high and fights were brutal. Decisions are too high nowadays

GSP fan, huh?

Give me the Wands, Rampages, Shoguns, Jon Jones, Aldos, Silvas and JDSs, over the GSPs, Fitchs, and McKees, EVERY day of the week.

You can use your hard earned money any way you want, it's your right. For me, I wont use my money to watch GSP hump out another decision, or Fitch grind for points EVER.

PS I will NEVER pay for a card where 2 girls are punching each other in the face.

Last edited:
GSP fan, huh?

Give me the Wands, Rampages, Shoguns, Silvas and JDSs, over the GSPs, Fitchs, and McKees, EVERY day of the week.

This response is awfully shortsighted. Mckee? Really? I also like how you include JDS in with the Pride superstars.

"Butthurt" is the worst term thrown around these forums. I automatically think the poster is a retard, regardless of whatever else they said.

Sherdoggers' Thoughts:

I see WMMA like the early days of MMA. Royce Gracie dominated with submissions just like Ronda Rousey is doing right now. Why can't WMMA develop like Men's MMA did?

Because chicks suck at sports that aren't figure skating and gymnastics

If I wanted to watch 125 pound men fight, I'd go to my nephew's kindergarden class and tell him I'll buy him whatever toy he wants to start a fight with one of his classmates. And if I wanted to watch women (who weigh more than the FLW) fight, I'd tell your mother and sister how I banged them both. /Thread.

GSP fan, huh?

Give me the Wands, Rampages, Shoguns, Silvas and JDSs, over the GSPs, Fitchs, and McKees, EVERY day of the week.

You can use your hard earned money any way you want, it's your right. For me, I wont use my money to watch GSP hump out another decision, or Fitch grind for points EVER.

Yeah just ignore the Anderson Silvas, Jon Jones, and Jose Aldos that are fighting now. It's a new generation of fighters who are just as exciting

no one says women dont finish fights. they say the talent pool is weak.
but yeah, i dont like female fights

Flyweights 12 fights so far 5 finishes. DJ 3 fights 3 decision. He makes up 25% of the fights so far.
1 Knockout of the Night
3 Fight of the Night.

The last flyweight fight I watched was the championship fight. I couldn't get myself to sit through all three rounds.

So you guys like the good old days when finishes were high but don't like female fights even though they have a glory days like finish percentage.

Even back then, the early UFC fights were MUCH more interesting than WMMA. You get to see styles vs. styles, big guys with strength vs. small guys with better techniques.

The only female fighter whose fights are interesting to watch, in my opinion, is Cyborg.

I don't like Women fights, and won't watch them. I just don't like seeing women get beaten up. I won't boycott cards that they are on or anything like that, but I will go do something else when they come on and then come back and watch the rest of the card.

I love it when staredowns = bait for an influx of psych majors with all-knowing analytical skills to bravely venture into absolutes based on subtle nuances.

Papi whats his head... When he showed up like a pimp to weigh-ins... he had tons of experts chiming in simply because of his ridiculous physique. Roops.

If I wanted to watch 125 pound men fight, I'd go to my nephew's kindergarden class and tell him I'll buy him whatever toy he wants to start a fight with one of his classmates. And if I wanted to watch women (who weigh more than the FLW) fight, I'd tell your mother and sister how I banged them both. /Thread.

If your nephew is 125lbs. in kindergarden, he's really fat.

Might as well add

women = no good at sports
flyweights = kindergarten kids

to sherdog logic and pretty much any other exaggerated term

The one you mentioned "I don't like women fights" is one I constantly hear.

I can't believe the things I see written about women in the forums. Sherdog has to be one of the most misogynistic forums I have ever seen. I wouldn't doubt if it was more misogynistic than a Misogyny Forum.

I have observed a couple of things.

1. You cannot write racist comments but anything sexist, cruel and disgusting can be said as long as its against women.

2. Fighter bashing is not allowed unless its a woman fighter. I have seen countless posts mocking Liz Carmouche and her sexuality and don't even get me started on the Cyborg comments. If those type of comments were directed at male fighters it would be an instant ban.

I have noticed from responses to my comments that if Religion is mocked then certain posters generally come to its defense without much consequence.

If a poster attempts to defend women by criticizing a misogynistic post then they are instantly attacked and called a white knight.

The misogynistic posts, the fighter bashing against women fighters, and the fact that its allowed by mods is a little disturbing.

The hate on women is something I would like to see tolerated less.

Image.ashx

Sherdoggers' Thoughts:

- I don't like Flyweights because they don't finish fights. They are boring.

- I don't like women fights.

Rebuttal:

1 Knockout of the Night
3 Fight of the Night.

3 Invicta events so far with 39 fights. Out of those 39 fights there were 27 finishes. That is a 69.2% finish. That is near the same finish percentage of the UFC from years 1998-2006.

Funny because it's true

Sherdoggers say the darndest things...

This thread belongs in the wasteland

Theres no such thing has fighter prime,

When guys who say this are either nuthuggers of new generation fighters or guys that are exceptions to the rule like Hendo.

I enjoy this burn...but just a question. Why would mom and sis fight?

Back