Media Just rewatched Whittaker/Romero 2. Pure savagery in the late rounds.

Romero just eating that headkick like it’s nothing is horrifying. Just his facial expression after and everything. Insane

I scored it a draw aswell. No idea how you could score it any different, wasn't hard to score this round-by-round.

You realize that Whittaker had a broken hand right?

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.

What you are saying is Whittaker wasn't 100% to excuse his poor performance in those later rounds where he was getting straight up murdered.

Clearly you know he lost that fight.

It's not who is the best at 100% ... its who was the better man THAT NIGHT.

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.
And Romero had a broken orbital and still dropped him.

<RomeroSalute>

Amazing fight, up there with Robbie x Rory ll and Robbie x Condit.

I scored it a draw on fight night, but as a Bobby Knuckles fan, I wasn't disappointed with the result. Gave Rob: (3)10-9's Gave Yoel: (1)10-8 & (1)10-9 = 47-47. I was reluctant, but gave Yoel a 10-8 in the round with the multiple drops (3 or 5, I'm vaguely remembering 5th, would have to re-watch) because of the new judging. Rob fought back the entire fight regardless of being concussed and sustaining a broken hand, which is imo why he eeked out the win. Besides Yoel didn't make weight and wouldn't have been crowned the champ. The belt stayed where it belonged.

Rob's a tough sob and a professional who deserves more of our respect. Dude is a proven finisher, he doesn't go in there with the intention of leaving it in the judges hands. Never misses weight, doesn't turn down fights, never point fights, is always in shape and ready for war.

War Bobby Knucks!

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

images

099_Robert_Whittaker_vs_Yoel_Romero.0.jpg

So basically you don't understand how corruption works (ts)?

It's pretty easy, if there is money to be made, then it will be made through whatever shady means possible. That's UFC's m. o
what would those means be?

What you are saying is Whittaker wasn't 100% to excuse his poor performance in those later rounds where he was getting straight up murdered.

Clearly you know he lost that fight.

It's not who is the best at 100% ... its who was the better man THAT NIGHT.

Naw, Whittaker edged out a 3-2 close decision. On that I agree -- the fight was close.

But my point is that he breaks his hand in maybe 1 out of 5 fights. So 4/5 fights he destroys Yoel by either dominant decision or TKO/KO. Yoel hit the fucking lottery and STILL lost the fight.

Shut the fuck up you whiny ass excusing making little bitch.
Hahaha okay there kid. Triggered much?

I'm literally explaining to you that Whittaker was murdering Yoel until he broke his hand. You think he breaks his hand every time they fight, in the middle of the fight? Nope. Yoel won the lottery with Whittaker's broken hand, and STILL lost the fight.

Get over it. You're the one being a whiny little bitch, not accepting that Yoel lost the fight.

Round 3 was a classic. After getting dropped and bombs layed on him whittaker fires back with hellbows, spinning shit and headkicks. Crazy fight. I had a draw as well.
It could only be a draw if you give Romero a 10-8 in the 5th round, and gave Whittaker zero 10-8's.

Not a single judge gave Romero a 10-8 in round 5, so I don't think you can make that argument. Maybe people feel Romero "won the fight as a whole", but that's not how combat sports are scored. Whittaker very clearly won rounds 1,2 and 4 -- without a 10-8, Romero loses a clean 3-2 decision.

i hope whittaker can start getting the love he deserves soon, dude is crazy underrated on here.

beat romero twice, once with 1 good knee, and another with a broken hand. finished jacare and made it look easy, which is even more impressive when you see how jacare has been an absolute terminator against brunson, gastelum and weidman.

i feel a Whittaker win, a draw, or a Romero win are all fair decisions

i feel a Whittaker win, a draw, or a Romero win are all fair decisions
There are too many people scoring the "fight as a whole" on here. You cannot do that.

Whittaker very clearly won rounds 1,2 and 4. Watch round 4 in a vacuum (how fights MUST be scored) and Whittaker won. Look at the numbers, and Whittaker won. So Whittaker wins a clean 48-47 decision.

So the only argument left is: does Yoel Romero deserve a 10-8 round 5? And I don't think he does. Not a single judge nor mainstream media scorecard gave him a 10-8 round 5.

The one judge that gave Romero a 10-9 round 4 SHOULD NOT have done that. I Don't know what crack he was smoking, but watching that round in a vacuum and looking at the significant strike numbers both tell you that Whittaker won round 4.

There are too many people scoring the "fight as a whole" on here. You cannot do that.

Whittaker very clearly won rounds 1,2 and 4. Watch round 4 in a vacuum (how fights MUST be scored) and Whittaker won. Look at the numbers, and Whittaker won. So Whittaker wins a clean 48-47 decision.

So the only argument left is: does Yoel Romero deserve a 10-8 round 5? And I don't think he does. Not a single judge nor mainstream media scorecard gave him a 10-8 round 5.

The one judge that gave Romero a 10-9 round 4 SHOULD NOT have done that. I Don't know what crack he was smoking, but watching that round in a vacuum and looking at the scorecard both tell you that Whittaker won round 4.
Biased a bit huh

Dude that was a 10-8 rd all day

Edit: All of you morons that think Romero won the fight, or that it should have been a draw, need to wake up. This picture SAYS IT ALL. Whittaker won rounds 1,2 and 4 very clearly:

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

Maybe you feel that round 5 was 10-8 for Romero, but it wasn't.
None of the judges gave him a 10-8 round. The only logical decision is 48-47 for Whittaker. We can't score the "fight as a whole". Round by round scoring clearly dictates Whittaker winning. Accept it.
LMAOO
Yoel mauled,destroyed,ruined and made Whitty his puppet in that fight.
No way around it,you can avoid it all you want but it's the way it is.

The one judge that gave Romero a 10-9 round 4 SHOULD NOT have done that. I Don't know what crack he was smoking, but watching that round in a vacuum and looking at the significant strike numbers both tell you that Whittaker won round 4.

Yeah I completely agree it comes down to whether you give none, one, or both of the rounds Romero won a 10-8

Personally I thought both were 10-9

In the 3rd Romero dropped whittaker but Whittaker himself was landing bombs back

The 5th Romero hurt him again but other than that nothing noteworthy happened

I agree it’s a 48-47 in favor of Whittaker

You have to be Khabib dominant to get a 10-8. The best decision Romero could get was draw.

Amazing fight, up there with Robbie x Rory ll and Robbie x Condit.

I scored it a draw on fight night, but as a Bobby Knuckles fan, I wasn't disappointed with the result. Gave Rob: (3)10-9's Gave Yoel: (1)10-8 & (1)10-9 = 47-47. I was reluctant, but gave Yoel a 10-8 in the round with the multiple drops (3 or 5, I'm vaguely remembering 5th, would have to re-watch) because of the new judging. Rob fought back the entire fight regardless of being concussed and sustaining a broken hand, which is imo why he eeked out the win. Besides Yoel didn't make weight and wouldn't have been crowned the champ. The belt stayed where it belonged.

Rob's a tough sob and a professional who deserves more of our respect. Dude is a proven finisher, he doesn't go in there with the intention of leaving it in the judges hands. Never misses weight, doesn't turn down fights, never point fights, is always in shape and ready for war.

War Bobby Knucks!

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

images

099_Robert_Whittaker_vs_Yoel_Romero.0.jpg
Best post yet. Some very upset Yoel fans wont except that Whittaker landed almost half sig strikes he did in the "10-8" round. Yes Yoel had him in some trouble but Rob fought back. Thats not a 10-8. Yoel landed much less in round 1.

Biased a bit huh

Dude that was a 10-8 rd all day

I simply disagree. You could also argue that if the threshold changes to make round 5 a 10-8, that Whittaker might have deserved a 10-8 in round 1.

You're slicing the hair mighty thin if you're trying to argue that round 5 should be a 10-8 but round 1 shouldn't be. That's cherry picking at it's finest. BIASED MUCH??? lol dude.

Back