Media Just rewatched Whittaker/Romero 2. Pure savagery in the late rounds.

It's a shame that Robert Whittaker isn't the international superstar he deserves to be.

Now isn't a bad time for the UFC to promote him in Australia and New Zealand by a massive ton. Pretty much nobody in middleweight can beat this except Israel and Romero (who he beat twice already). Having a dominating zealander for a while could bring the UFC better ppv buys.

Romero should have got the nod. Romeros leg had to have been hyper-extended multiple times. Robert stomped on that knee so many times.

You don't know that and I doubt it would have happened either. Your opinion isn't fact.
So your'e telling me the guy that was beating Romero's face off for 2 rounds, and only slowed down when he broke his hand, wouldn't have finished that fight?

Hahahahahaha okay. Whatever you say kid.

Such bad logic...smh
He could have...he should have....therefore he is.
IMO, Romero won, but Whittaker is a tough SOB, and this was close.

LOOLLLL what is with you people. Get over it.

Whittaker won and he deserved to win. Romero couldn't even make the weight.

You always hear about Whittaker bitching excuses why he didn't look dominant against Yoel, never that Yoel had a weak orbital bone break from a jab and shut his right eye sight up, that few months ago he fought Luke who fucked his leg up(and his own, leading Luke into a lengthy recovery). Whittaker wanted a stationary target, he got one, yet he did nothing substantial except getting an orbital to break. Two men gone in there, and Yoel looked like the one who was dishing out the can of whoopass.
Unbelievable.

You're so biased it's not even funny. You see what you want to see, so you are blind. Whittaker was opening up a can of whoopass on Romero for the 1st 2 rounds. The tide only turned when Whittaker broke his hand. Believe what you want.

The fact is that Whittaker won both fights, and Romero can't even be bothered to make weight.

Unbelievable.

You're so biased it's not even funny. You see what you want to see, so you are blind. Whittaker was opening up a can of whoopass on Romero for the 1st 2 rounds. The tide only turned when Whittaker broke his hand. Believe what you want.

The fact is that Whittaker won both fights, and Romero can't even be bothered to make weight.
The blind man calling his blind brother blind, there is no objectivity on either side so dont pretend to have somehow won a argument by saying shut up.

It was a draw. The sad part was Robert feeling guilty about the win and talking too much shit afterwards..he knew he was gifted the decision...

I still don't understand how this fight wasn't scored a draw, but hats off to both guys for being insanely tough.

LMAO Look at romero's face. Whittaker fucked him up PERMANENTLY. romero will never be the same after that fight

images

Romero should have got the nod. Romeros leg had to have been hyper-extended multiple times. Robert stomped on that knee so many times.

I must admit i cheered every time he threw those kicks. Was a brilliant way to counter Romeros kick that screwed his knee in the first fight.

Can they hold ufcs in Cuba though? No? How about in Australia? Yup. See where I'm going with this, both are equally marketable but one of them have a valuable market behind them the ufc can exploit.

Romero missed weight and the title doesn't change hands on a draw

Whittaker would have been champ regardless lol

If anything they would have rigged it for Yoel so they could sell a third fight

Seriously white belt? GTFO.

Whittaker won the fight. Get over it.
I've been on Sherdog since 2004 genius I lost my old email. Anyway moron I agree Whittaker won the fight my point still stands.

I've been on Sherdog since 2004 genius I lost my old email. Anyway moron I agree Whittaker won the fight my point still stands.
OK white belt. I've been here since the millisecond sherdog was created. See how that works?

GTFO. Whittaker won the fight btw.

Crying shame that they robbed the man of a victory.

Blah blah blah, 10-9 system, herp herpy derpy.

Guys, he had 10-8 rounds in both Round 3 and 5, that should not even be debatable and therefore would have won. The idea that not one single judge gave any 10-8 rounds just shows how poor the judging was.

One judge had Romero winning 3, 4 and 5, and winning a flat 48-47. If a judge had been kind enough to at least score one 10-8, then Romero would have had the draw on the other two cards.

Draw at the very least.

Guys, he had 10-8 rounds in both Round 3 and 5, that should not even be debatable and therefore would have won. The idea that not one single judge gave any 10-8 rounds just shows how poor the judging was.

One judge had Romero winning 3, 4 and 5, and winning a flat 48-47. If a judge had been kind enough to at least score one 10-8, then Romero would have had the draw on the other two cards.

Draw at the very least.
Your salty tears are delicious. Keep going!
tenor.gif

Draw at the very least.

Round 3 was not a 10 8 . granted whittaker was knocked down but he also landed a lot of significant strikes. Definitely not a 10 8. Rounds 1 and 2 Yoel literally gave away. If not for rob would've been a very dull fight .

I was fine with the decisions imo. The first two rounds yoel literally stood around basically turtling up, i actually recall telling my mates that if Romero doesn't get a finish he loses. Right man won imo, id hate to see such a boring style rewarded. Id love to find the round by round fight metric.

Rob took 1,2,and 4, Romero got 3 and 5 with one (round 5) being a 10-8. Romero also just freaking stood there for all of R1 and R2 and let Rob tee off on his legs and face. 47-47 was probably the right score for the fight. However, fuck Yoel for missing weight twice in back-to-back title fights, and being a roiding chump.

Round 3 was not a 10 8 . granted whittaker was knocked down but he also landed a lot of significant strikes. Definitely not a 10 8. Rounds 1 and 2 Yoel literally gave away. If not for rob would've been a very dull fight .

I was fine with the decisions imo. The first two rounds yoel literally stood around basically turtling up, i actually recall telling my mates that if Romero doesn't get a finish he loses. Right man won imo, id hate to see such a boring style rewarded. Id love to find the round by round fight metric.
Such a boring style. You just called Yoel Romero boring.

Great job.

Nice post, agree with all except Yoels boring style. Rob actually landed more in round 5 than Yoel did in round 1. No 10-8s in that fight. Must be hard for Yoel fans that cant seem to get over losing twice. No wonder The Reaper gets so much undeserved hate on here.

I still don't understand how this fight wasn't scored a draw, but hats off to both guys for being insanely tough.

Best fight of the year by faaaar IMO. Mabey one of my all time favorites. Romeros striking was so good!!! If you want to show someone high level MMA striking, this is it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back