Just ReWatched UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz(The Real Breakdown)

Pretty ignorant post and ignoring multiple factors which could cause Conor to gas.

I get you don't like him and want to have this narrative about the fight to confirm your bias but he was legit fatiguing at the end of the first into the second. For whatever that is idk I'm not trying to say. But it wasn't solely because Nate made Conor miss.

No your post is bias and ignorant as can be. You completely disregard the most balant and easily seen factor that contributes to a fighter gassing, being hit and missing punches.

No one cares about your breakdown. We have blogs, channels, journalists... God why so many rewatch and analysts wannabe threads?

No your post is bias and ignorant as can be. You completely disregard the most balant and easily seen factor that contributes to a fighter gassing, being hit and missing punches.
Lol.. Ok big guy. I have no reason to be bias. I like both fighters. Disregarding the weight the bout was at and what Conor was ten days out is as ignorant as it gets. Have fun with that

Lol.. Ok big guy. I have no reason to be bias. I like both fighters. Disregarding the weight the bout was at and what Conor was ten days out is as ignorant as it gets. Have fun with that

Yah but why do you disregard his entire training camp and Diaz lack of training camp.

It's so lol that he just "gassed" after having such a long preparation time, considering he didn't have to cut any weight, especially a weight where he was training at for months prior.

Yah but why do you disregard his entire training camp and Diaz lack of training camp.

It's so lol that he just "gassed" after having such a long preparation time, considering he didn't have to cut any weight, especially a weight where he was training at for months prior.
The training camp wasn't for a 170 fight. Ten days out Conor was eating up to 170 not chilling there. That was his first fight ever at 170.

Not disregarding Diaz lack of training camp because that's completely irrelevant to why Conor gassed. Literally has nothing to do with it. Keep pushing that narrative though.

Can someone please post the Cruz "did not read" gif for me? I dont have a link.

The training camp wasn't for a 170 fight. Ten days out Conor was eating up to 170 not chilling there. That was his first fight ever at 170.

Not disregarding Diaz lack of training camp because that's completely irrelevant to why Conor gassed. Literally has nothing to do with it. Keep pushing that narrative though.

Yes you are disregarding Diaz training camp. On the other hand, you know how much weight Conor cuts? Conor also stated multiple times that he was very happy with his preparation prior to the Diaz fight and he felt great.

Conor gassing was contributing factors of him being hit periodically and missing a large percentage of his punches, not because he didn't adjust to his weight which in turn is bullshit IMO.

They'll spin in it any which way they can besides accepting nate is the superior martial artist.

Nate took some BOMBS in that second round. I think he was rocked right b4 he threw his hands up. At that moment the momentum shifted. Conor looked like his legs were gone. He was trying but really labored. Just shuffling around...gassed.

I think Conor wins if he has the cardio for it...which Im sure he had worked on heavily. At some point if Conor doesnt slow down Nate is gonna have to go to plan B. He just cant take those bombs for 4-5 rounds.

Conor should try his best to duplicate the RDA game plan. I don't know if he has the tools to do it tho.

They'll spin in it any which way they can besides accepting nate is the superior martial artist.

He was on that night.

This will be a new night.

Overall no....I dont think hes the superior martial artist but we will see.

Not bad.

COnor just needs to counter to have a chance. Catch Nate coming in and unexpected. Head hunting like Conor does and Nate just rolls with the puches and nate will never be KO'ed while he one twos on conor until conor gets KOed.

I only give conor a 5% chance because his ego won't let him fight that way and Nate can always out muscle him in clinch or on the ground.

h
Nate took some BOMBS in that second round. I think he was rocked right b4 he threw his hands up. At that moment the momentum shifted. Conor looked like his legs were gone. He was trying but really labored. Just shuffling around...gassed.

I think Conor wins if he has the cardio for it...which Im sure he had worked on heavily. At some point if Conor doesnt slow down Nate is gonna have to go to plan B. He just cant take those bombs for 4-5 rounds.
How many fighters throw bombs in rounds 4 or 5? Power goes way down hill after 1-2. Thats where all the KOs are anyway.

Conor was tiring with about 1 minute left in the first. He had his best success from about 2 minutes 20 second in that round til that point, when he stopped throwing the lead left and started countering Nate's jab. From 1:10 left in the first till the takedown, Conor is breathing hard and missing with labored shots. The 1 minute rest allows Conor to get his wind back, and he comes out strong again in the second. The mental fatigue explanation, i.e. Conor tired because he was frustrated and missing badly, does not jibe with what happened in the fight. Conor missed the most early in the fight, and gassed after his best success. Around 1:40 into the second, Nate lands a knee to Conor's body while clinched at the fence. Conor said this hurt him. After this Conor is steadily losing zip on his punches. Right before Nate lands the 1-2 that hurt Conor, Conor is standing right in front of Nate trying to land uppercuts, as Nate is covering up. Nate had been backing up for most of the fight, not wanting to be countered by Conor's straight left. Here Nate can see that Conor has lost steam on his punches, and he can come forward. He lands the 1-2 and it is all downhill from there for Conor.
Conor's biggest problem(in tandem with cardio) is his over reliance on head movement for defense. Once he slowed, he could no longer slip Nate's 1-2. Just keeping your hands up will go a long way.

No one cares about your breakdown. We have blogs, channels, journalists... God why so many rewatch and analysts wannabe threads?
Come on dude - it's just kids trying to be grown-ups. Let them be.

why do you guys pick around for something to bitch about? you conor haters are way more annoying then everyone that loved him before diaz slapped the shit outta him. it was actually a good analysis, if you dont like dont click on it dumby.

Can someone please post the Cruz "did not read" gif for me? I dont have a link.
stfu no one cares people like you should be banned from sherdog annoying as heck bitching in every thread, i think u guys secrtely love mcgregor

So if you dont care then why did you click on it? Like when Diaz asked mcgregor if u dont care about the belt why do u carry it around everywhere? Whyd u click on it and reply if u dont care?

Back