just rewatched UFC 1. Average sherbro could make it to quarter-finals

Ur obviously overestimating the average sherbro. Maybe 10 years ago id shit on some of these guys with pure athleticism but dude the average person is fucking out of shape in their 30s

I don't think the average sherbro would partake in any fight where groin shots were legal.

HackneyJoeSon-300x225.jpg

i could out cardio the fat guy for sure and win by not having a heart attack

lmao, there were NO rules....not one sherdogger would have entered just seeing those pictures or better yet stepping into a room with one of them.

Many of those guys owned their own martial arts studios.
Go down to your local dojo and see how you stack up. See if they accept your challenge match

Sherdoggers have a vast knowledge of the game, we have deep knowledge on MMA striking, grappling and the mind-set. Sherdoggers are underrated. We watch many fights and styles and we know what works and what doesn't work, we certainly would dominate in UFC 1, as for todays modern UFC to be honest it would be a 50/50 fight, but possibly slight edge to a sherdogger.

One Glove was a legitimate boxer and the black dude on the far right that looks like Allen West is a legitimate martial artist. But yeah, overall, the talent pool was trash. The whole 'freakshow' stigma, coupled with the incredibly small prize money, really limited their options. They really scraped the bottom of the barrel to find enough participants.

Not sure. Teh average Sherbro is used to rounds with rules. These old school fighters were prepared for no time limits (unlimited rounds or just no time limit). It's a coin toss although I could certainly make the finals. Royce no can defend the nuclear soccer kick to the balls.

Did you include the old dude at the bottom because he looks hilarious or because you really didn't rewatch UFC 1 and have never seen it?

Weitt was pretty legit, just went up against the biggest fighter and I think he was the smallest. Thought he didnt debut until 2 though.

That old guy is Ron van Clief. He was 51 they invited to ufc 4 out of respect. Think he still holds the record for oldest UFC fighter.

Did you include the old dude at the bottom because he looks hilarious or because you really didn't rewatch UFC 1 and have never seen it?

Probably not the average sherdogger. Personally I'm a purple belt who also trains muay thai a bit and had 1 ammy fight. I could probably make it at least past 1 fight. MAYBE the finals. Not too sure how I would match up with Royce at that time. I've been told a black belt at that time was only a purple belt level today, but it would be fun to find out.

I honestly think the average sherbro could make it passed a few rounds. Not passed Royce or Ken, or Gordeau. But the rest? Yeah... they had no idea what they were doing.
rosier_crop_north.jpg
ArtJimmerson1_zps40660b3e.jpg
Orlando_Wiet_Profile_Photo_1-12326.jpg
1107b.jpg
20140801071058_Picture12.JPG

The grandpa in the Apollo creed shorts ( i forget his name) is so classic.

van Clief. Dude was super legit, just peaked way before UFC 1. It was a nice respect move to give him a fight in the UFC.

The grandpa in the Apollo creed shorts ( i forget his name) is so classic.

lmao, there were NO rules....not one sherdogger would have entered just seeing those pictures or better yet stepping into a room with one of them.

"Past"

There were no rounds then... sherbro

Not sure. Teh average Sherbro is used to rounds with rules. These old school fighters were prepared for no time limits (unlimited rounds or just no time limit). It's a coin toss although I could certainly make the finals. Royce no can defend the nuclear soccer kick to the balls.

I'm always surprised that so many people think there were no rounds, or no real rule-set for UFC 1.

BnmpJEbIcAE-0IE.jpg:large

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/haymak...ginal-rules-list-from-first-ever-event-051414

Back