Just rewatched Tate vs Nunes and realized that...

And Liz Carmouche almost choked Ronda out. And Ronda panicked in the Holm fight, which is a terrible sign for a fighter.

You can't look at fighters at their worst only or at their best only.

Fighters are like poker hands. You have to think about ranges -- their best to their worst possible looks. That's why picking winners in fights consistently is so hard (i.e. impossible)

Ronda's only had 1 bad fight in her career. Nunes has had several and even the one against Valentina probably would have been a loss had it went 5 rounds because Nunes was getting used as a punching bag for that entire 3rd round.

For sure Nunes is not the toughest fight, damn Holly couldn't just beat Tate

But Rousey doesn't burst in with a single or double legs TD. Shes more like Jones where she has to get in close to operate.

Ronda's only had 1 bad fight in her career. Nunes has had several and even the one against Valentina probably would have been a loss had it went 5 rounds because Nunes was getting used as a punching bag for that entire 3rd round.
You clearly don't get it

Ronda got Holly in a clinch several times and she's much more elusive than Nunes who seems to get taken down by everyone in a variety of ways. Has Amanda worked on her judo enough to prevent being taken down? We'll see. Ronda seems to have worked on her strength and cardio so I don't expect Nunes to be able to outmuscle Ronda like Holly did.

It appears that Ronda sometimes let herself be taken down trying to get armbar and choke from the triangle position. I noticed that against Tate also. When Holly took Ronda down she almost got caught by Ronda from the bottom.

You clearly don't get it

I get it. Retards want to gloss over the fact Nunes has a history (meaning more than 1 time) of gassing in fights after the 2nd round by directing the attention towards Ronda 1 bad fight in her career and acting like it was a typical Ronda fight.

It appears that Ronda sometimes let herself be taken down trying to get armbar and choke from the triangle position. I noticed that against Tate also. When Holly took Ronda down she almost got caught by Ronda from the bottom.

Holly panic clinched and took Ronda down because she got rocked with a left hand and was dazed. Holly used no technique at all and just hulk lifted Ronda up.

Lol at all the prediction threads. No shit Ronda is probably going to win. Anything can happen though. She has some ring rust too don't forget.
Ronda has ring rust, but I'm detecting very high levels of "shook" coming from Ronda. I'm betting that will play a huge factor. Mentally she's broke.

...Nunes is probably going to lose.

I just rewatched the fight for the first time and got reminded that Tate closed the distance pretty easily several times before she got rocked. If Ronda manages to close the distance like that Nunes is going down fast. Ronda by first round armbar is my prediction!

LOL ok Ronda

I just rewatched the fight for the first time and got reminded that Tate closed the distance pretty easily several times before she got rocked. If Ronda manages to close the distance like that Nunes is going down fast. Ronda by first round armbar is my prediction!

I just watched that aswel as the ronda miesha fight

The difference in how miesha reacted to getting punched from both of them was very telling. She ate rondas punches up but soon as nunes clocked her miesha shut up shop and started running and when she threw back it was out of fear, ducking her head low and swinging wild.

Seems amanda hits very hard, we know how super tough miesha is so to make her react like that shown me a lot

Ronda gets clocked a lot, maybe she has improved her striking defense though

I dont know anything of Nunes apart from the fight i just watched but i heard Rogan say shes a high level BB, so surely that will save her on the ground ?

If nunes can just box and stay mobile on her feet i think she should definitely catch ronda with a big shot

Depends on what mindset Ronda is in going into the fight, if she's completely broke then it's over (Was it just me or was she shook during the staredown last night? Guess she wasn't expecting Amanda to come out in a lion mask and stare at her while on the scale lol).

Mine too. For the last few weeks

Holly panic clinched and took Ronda down because she got rocked with a left hand and was dazed. Holly used no technique at all and just hulk lifted Ronda up.
Holly actually did a throw called ushiro-goshi, a counterattack in judo, so its obvious she must have got some preparation in her camp. But taking Ronda to the ground is dangerous anyhow.

Right, except those times she got finished.

lol I was about to type that. Guy apparently just heard of Nunes.

Go watch the Zingano fight over again. First Round Nunes kicks some ass, gasses, gets fucking tossed like a child. You know what, fuck it, here's some gifs of a ref saving her goddamn life.

Cat%2BZingano%2BThrows%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

Back