Just rewatched Tate vs Nunes and realized that...

kalleanka

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
...Nunes is probably going to lose.

I just rewatched the fight for the first time and got reminded that Tate closed the distance pretty easily several times before she got rocked. If Ronda manages to close the distance like that Nunes is going down fast. Ronda by first round armbar is my prediction!

Yeah, probably. Nunes' clinch game is not impressive.

For Nunes to win, she would need to keep Rousey at the end of her long punches and kicks. Rousey coming in light and fast is the correct approach to close in quickly. In close quarters against the cage, Rousey will have a big advantage. But is Nunes can create distance and land a few hard leg kicks - look out.

For Nunes to win, she would need to keep Rousey at the end of her long punches and kicks. Rousey coming in light and fast is the correct approach to close in quickly. In close quarters against the cage, Rousey will have a big advantage. But is Nunes can create distance and land a few hard leg kicks - look out.

Nunes should try and create distance but I don´t agree that she should try to land leg kicks, Nunes got taken down because of a leg kick against tate. Nunes should avoid kicks altogether imo.

The only type of fighter that can give Ronda problems in that division is one who backs up constantly and can counter punch.

Ronda got Holly in a clinch several times and she's much more elusive than Nunes who seems to get taken down by everyone in a variety of ways. Has Amanda worked on her judo enough to prevent being taken down? We'll see. Ronda seems to have worked on her strength and cardio so I don't expect Nunes to be able to outmuscle Ronda like Holly did.

Yeah because something happened in a previous fight means it's going to happen in a future fight.

Great analysis TS

I just rewatched the fight for the first time and got reminded that Tate closed the distance pretty easily several times before she got rocked. If Ronda manages to close the distance like that Nunes is going down fast. Ronda by first round armbar is my prediction!
Then we'll see Holm/Rousey II
(unless dana protects her like Conor.)
wenDMsv.png

And Liz Carmouche almost choked Ronda out. And Ronda panicked in the Holm fight, which is a terrible sign for a fighter.

You can't look at fighters at their worst only or at their best only.

Fighters are like poker hands. You have to think about ranges -- their best to their worst possible looks. That's why picking winners in fights consistently is so hard (i.e. impossible)

Ronda was sitting ringside for Nunes vs Zingano and realized the same thing.

Lol at all the prediction threads. No shit Ronda is probably going to win. Anything can happen though. She has some ring rust too don't forget.

Someone mentioned to me that Rousey is 7-0 against opponents that Nunes is 4-3 against...I know styles make fights but this really comes down to how mentally prepared Honda is.

Yeah because something happened in a previous fight means it's going to happen in a future fight.

Great analysis TS

You need to work hard on your reading comprehension. Best wishes!

Yeah Ronda will close the distance light and fast...I'm sure that was the game plan for Holly too...

Back