Just rewatched Rose-Andrade.. Here's some observations

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Istryker, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

1. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

1. Rose was gonna get stopped regardless in that fight she started gassing and was taking alot of damage and couldn't check those leg kicks.
    2. I would favor Andrade over Shevchenko and possibly over Joanna based on this fight. While Tina has the better kicks Rose has the better hands and TDD and she still got KO'd
    3. That was Dom Cruz's worst commentary performance by far..
    4. Rose should either retire or switch camps. Ik shes engaged to pat berry but I get the feeling that he did his best with her.
    5. UFC should really consider Nunes-Andrade, they dislike each other and it would be a fun fight.
    6. is that a contender for the Greatest WMMA KO? Andrade has two spectacular ones when most female fighters dont have one.
    7. Rose deserved the instant rematch but I Guess she wanted time off.

I should make this a series or something idk

cauti0n and JabToucher like this.
  2. Portland8242

Portland8242 Brown Belt

I learned that you can't pick someone up in a kimura trap thanks to Dom Cruz

3. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

Yeah that was BAD

A.S. Deep likes this.
  4. MMAFAN2

MMAFAN2 Orange Belt

[QUOTE="Istryker, post: 154238575, member: 561845"
    UFC should really consider Nunes-Andrade, they dislike each other and it would be a fun fight.
    [/QUOTE]
    am i missing something?

A.S. Deep, Torrid, Superzorro and 5 others like this.
  5. TITS

TITS Tomato Belt Platinum Member

Rose looked very fawn-like.

6. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

MMAcolyte likes this.
  7. FlyingDeathKick

FlyingDeathKick Red Belt

It was so annoying seeing the Narrative on here of Andrade being dominated and getting lucky. Rose was wilting under the pressure in rd 2. People love Rose on here but aren't fond of Joanna or Andrade. Same reason they claimed Joanna was dominated in the rematch despite landing 40 more strikes.

8. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

Yeah I was confused at first but I just chalked it up to people being fanboys.

Jess is a tank and was bringing the pressure to Rose and made her wilt

biscuitsbrah and Track Jipper like this.
  9. MMAcolyte

MMAcolyte Brown Belt

Istryker likes this.
  10. MMAcolyte

MMAcolyte Brown Belt

I have a problem with the 2nd point. Joanna thoroughly and completely out-classed and dominated Andrade. Styles make fights. Don't see what the Rose fight has to do with it.

Rose was looking incredible, but it was becoming obvious that she couldn't keep it up. Joanna doesn't have that problem.

11. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Brown Belt

That's irrelevant and impossible to prove. She was stopped in spectacular fashion. But she was winning the fight up until that point.

Rose definitely has a lot of issues. The woman believes she has premonitions of good and bad events. Either metaphysical feeling the earth stuff is real despite it contradicting what we know the body has the ability to perceive and sense or she's perceives a very different reality from the one that actually exists. More evidence points to the latter.

So she has some stuff she's working through. We all do. I say let her be her weird self and fight or not fight or change camps or not. It's one loss as champ. And she was having a lot of success up until the finish.

Chael_Sonnen and Pancake Sprawl like this.
  12. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

She was slowing down and taking punishment in the 2nd round of a five round fight bud. She was going to get put out eventually.

13. Timmy Billy

Timmy Billy Blue Belt

Andrade is not going to fight Nunes at 135. That's crazy. Andrade probably walks around at 130 and Nunes probably 155/160.

Rose should not retire. It's not like Pat Berry is pulling down the bacon. She paid off her house per what she said in post fight conference. She's done very well for someone her age, but if she fights another 5 years, she will never have to work or worry about money again and then Pat Berry can be Travis Browne.

Chael_Sonnen and Istryker like this.
  14. Istryker

Istryker Green Belt

Andrade looks alot better now then when she fought Joanna Superstar, but you're right about styles make fights.

Another thing to consider when thinking about that fight is how inactive Joannas been.

Superzorro and MMAcolyte like this.
  15. mangokush

mangokush Brown Belt

If Rose had actually grown her hair long for this fight it would have saved her from getting KOd from the slam as the long hair would have acted as cushion to protect her head from the slam.

16. Sweater of AV

Sweater of AV Black Belt

As a big Rose fan it was pretty clear Andrade was starting to take over in the second round. It's impressive how she manages to keep pressing forward. Her level of physicality is difficult for someone like Rose to deal with as the fight goes on.

As for Valentina, Andrade is tailor-made for her imho and would get beaten fairly badly. Andrade won't be bullying Valentina and plodding forward throwing relatively wild punches is going to result in a bad night for her.

17. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Brown Belt

Yeah you just aren't being objective. There are countless ebs and flows in countless fights. The second was closer but Rose clearly won the first. That round wasn't decided until the finish. If it went to the judges a moment before that it's a toss-up but probably Rose. She got flatlined. Why can't that be enough? Why act like you know what would have happened when there is no point or real way of proving it. Anyway, enjoy playing that game, I'm out.

18. xhaydenx

xhaydenx Brown Belt

Lol what. I agree mostly with your first thing, but Andrade beating Joanna and Val? Come on bro.

Joanna flogged Andrade with complete ease. Maybe Joanna is getting older, but when they fought she didn't slow down at all and was simply way too technical for Andrade.

If Joanna did it easy then Val would beat Andrade even worse. She's faster than Joanna, as well as being a way better striker. I mean, she fucking played with Joanna as if she were fighting a white belt. Val is also an awesome grappler. I think that gets overlooked a bit. She's got more subs on her record than decisions or finishes, and she was a kickboxing champ crossing over.

Val would flog Andrade absolutely everywhere.

Superzorro and biscuitsbrah like this.
  19. blaseblah

blaseblah Gold Belt

You're nuts, I'd have her comfortably losing to both. Main reason being that the clinch is Rose's weakness while Joanna and Shevchenko are both excellent there. Andrade isn't a better fighter than she was the first time she fought Joanna, she just matched up well against Rose.

Superzorro, aerius and biscuitsbrah like this.
  20. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Purple Belt

I don't think Andrade beats Valentina. Even Joanna I think she has a really hard time with again and I'd favor Joanna still. Unless her chin is cracked

biscuitsbrah likes this.