Just rewatched pettis dos anjos on youtube (free fight)...

Not sure how Conor fans can watch McGregor v Mendes and Dos Anjos v Pettis and be even more confident. Anything can happen but Conor in reality only has a puncher's chance. Dos Anjos is very quick defensively and blocked the majority of Pettis' strikes and the ones he didn't, he ate like a bowl of Wheaties. Dos Anjos landed hard body shots and strikes to the head, took Pettis down at will and maintained top position for the balance of each round. Most importantly, he never faded. His cardio is insane. If Chad did what he did for two rounds, RDA will do it for 5 or as long as it takes to get the TKO/sub. Puncher's chance. That's it.
This was one of the points of Firas' analysis that I disagreed with. Conor is not simply a puncher, he has very high volume. I looked at the Significant Strikes Landed per Minute stats and Conor has one of the highest. People who stay in there with Conor are getting beat up. It is not just a matter of avoiding the kill shot and picking him apart.

Conor McGregor SLpM: 5.53
Anthony Pettis SLpM: 2.32
Rafael Dos Anjos SLpM: 3.06
Nate Diaz SLpM: 4.30
Benson Henderson SLpM: 2.93
Donald Cerrone SLpM: 3.99
Nick Diaz SLpM: 5.43

This was one of the points of Firas' analysis that I disagreed with. Conor is not simply a puncher, he has very high volume. I looked at the Significant Strikes Landed per Minute stats and Conor has one of the highest. People who stay in there with Conor are getting beat up. It is not just a matter of avoiding the kill shot and picking him apart.

Conor McGregor SLpM: 5.53
Anthony Pettis SLpM: 2.32
Rafael Dos Anjos SLpM: 3.06
Nate Diaz SLpM: 4.30
Benson Henderson SLpM: 2.93
Donald Cerrone SLpM: 3.99
Nick Diaz SLpM: 5.43
If Conor can put doubt in RDA's head, land some hard shots and get him moving backwards, I can see your point but I see RDA pressuring and getting inside Conor's range and just doing what he does. At that point Conor's going to have to clinch or back up to create space and RDA will be looking to take him down.

If RDA does what he does, that is put pressure and look for the clinch and takedown and then GnP it will be EXACTLY like the Pettis fight, but i don´t think Conor has what it takes to survive five rounds he will get frustraded when he find out he does not have the upper hand

I don't understand any of these " I just rewatched " threads.
We get one daily.
Most of the times it means : I just watched for the first time.

giphy.gif
You're good with gifs, gif man.

What a joke avatar. There is only one terminator in MMA. McMouth is not him.

The McGregornator was a title bestowed by Arnold himself, you know, the actual Terminator. It seems the joke is on you, friend.

McGregornator bless.

Back