Just rewatched Pacquiao vs Barrera 1

monsieur_jj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Basically this is the coming out party of pacquiao interesting analysis of Jim Lampley before the fight as he said Pacquiao's losses came by KO in which Pacquiao was getting overly aggressive and gets caught he might have gained a lot of skills but still his ultimate undoing is this killer instinct he has

hqdefault.jpg

One of the better examples of pure physical ability overcoming technical skill in boxing.

Basically this is the coming out party of pacquiao interesting analysis of Jim Lampley before the fight as he said Pacquiao's losses came by KO in which Pacquiao was getting overly aggressive and gets caught he might have gained a lot of skills but still his ultimate undoing is this killer instinct he has

hqdefault.jpg

It's semi-interesting. A fighter can't change who they are, even when Barrera became primarily a boxer, he was still a mean guy who tended to get aggressive. Same with Pac. Though the analysis was also a bit...I don't know...out of place. Pac was 17 or so when he got KO'd.

Aggression is a double edged sword.. Pac wouldn't have been half the fighter he was without his "damn the torpedos" style...That's only thing that puts him in the same class with the greats.. no matter what happens.. he is going to be going for the ko at all times..

When Roy was prime, he'd take the aggressiveness out of anybody in under two rounds.. but the ones that maintained their aggression later on are the guys that had success.. Tarver for example.. ate a lot of shots in their first fight.. but he just kept bringing the pressure and careless aggression. Now I still think he lost.. but he showed how to get to Roy

Floyd had the same situation with Castillo.. the acceptance of damage taken in exchange for the opportunity to give some damage.. a little wrecklessness is the only way to compete with a superior fighter...

and Pacs wrecklessness got him to some places that nobody would have predicted would have been possible for him.. of course it cost him too.. but that's the game

First time I saw Pac fight was against Lehlohonolo Ledwaba

Aggression is a double edged sword.. Pac wouldn't have been half the fighter he was without his "damn the torpedos" style...That's only thing that puts him in the same class with the greats.. no matter what happens.. he is going to be going for the ko at all times..

When Roy was prime, he'd take the aggressiveness out of anybody in under two rounds.. but the ones that maintained their aggression later on are the guys that had success.. Tarver for example.. ate a lot of shots in their first fight.. but he just kept bringing the pressure and careless aggression. Now I still think he lost.. but he showed how to get to Roy

Floyd had the same situation with Castillo.. the acceptance of damage taken in exchange for the opportunity to give some damage.. a little wrecklessness is the only way to compete with a superior fighter...

and Pacs wrecklessness got him to some places that nobody would have predicted would have been possible for him.. of course it cost him too.. but that's the game

solid post!

First time I saw Pac fight was against Lehlohonolo Ledwaba

you know they were calling Ledwaba the next Duran at this time.. he was the name and Pac was a nobody..and he just destroyed him.. I remember it clearly..

its really fun to watch him in the old days

A personal favorite of mine is his destruction of Jorge Julio. I've never heard featherweight punches land so hard.

2 things that are noticeable about old Pacquiao fights is he did have a right hand just didn't use it a lot and the angles his punches-attacks come from are insane

" barrera was washed up " PBFCSK .

Back