Just rewatched Mousasi vs Weidman

Post USADA Jacare has 3 first round stoppages and 1 loss, to Whittaker, who's beaten everyone.

People seriously need to stop saying USADA Moose, you are casting aspersions on guys like Jacare who not only passed every test, are still winning nearly every fight.

Jacare would crush Moose like he crushed him the first time.

Weidman was in a career skid coming off two BRUTAL knockout / tko losses. Moose isn't the best, the best guys mopped the floor with the guys who mopped the floor with Moose.

Just let it go already. Moose went to a controversial 29-28 decision win in Bellator FFS.

Weidman has had a Hendricks level post-USADA decline.

Post USADA Jacare has 3 first round stoppages and 1 loss, to Whittaker, who's beaten everyone.

People seriously need to stop saying USADA Moose, you are casting aspersions on guys like Jacare who not only passed every test, are still winning nearly every fight.

Weidman was in a career skid coming off two BRUTAL knockout / tko losses. Moose isn't the best, the best guys mopped the floor with the guys who mopped the floor with Moose.

Just let it go already. Moose went to a controversial 29-28 decision win in Bellator FFS.
You realize the first time - Moose left Jacare unconscious right?

God damn what a stupid post. "The best guys mopped the floor wit the guys who mopped the floor with Moose" - uh, who?

Agree on the Weidman fight.

Moose is too inconsistent to say he could beat any top MW anytime.

I'm a Mousasi fan and he has huge holes. When he faces a really good wrestler he's usually dumbfounded and stuck on his back. Weidman was tailor made to beat him. He clearly won the first. To bad he tried to game the system.

What the fuck...?
The armenian assassin demonstrated that he's shored up that deficiency. He did a great job of not allowing himself to be held down and then worked his way back to his feet masterfully against one of the best wrestlers with one of the best top games in the division.

Nobody got destroyed in that fight.

I actually feel Weidman was going to.

He won the first round.
There was nothing that suggested that Weidman couldn't continue to wrestle rape Mousasi as long as his gas tank didn't run out.

Dude.
Wow.
Dude.
Literally wow.
omg.

Did you even watch the fight? I'm not trying to sound like a dickhead but no, really, did you even watch the fight?

Weidman was DONE before the knees. He was fully faded and in full on desperation mode. Weidman was gassed and Moose was fresh as a fucking daisy and turning it up. The tide was shifting fast as fuck. It was glaringly obvious how the rest of that fight was going to play out, knees or no knees.

Dude.
Wow.
Dude.
Literally wow.
omg.

Did you even watch the fight? I'm not trying to sound like a dickhead but no, really, did you even watch the fight?

Weidman was DONE before the knees. He was fully faded and in full on desperation mode. Weidman was gassed and Moose was fresh as a fucking daisy and turning it up. The tide was shifting fast as fuck. It was glaringly obvious how the rest of that fight was going to play out, knees or no knees.
Weidman wasn't done, but he was definitely slowing down. Still doesn't mean he couldn't secure another TD and just ride Mousasi.

Mousasi also came out in the second like a bat out of hell because he did not want to spend another round grappling with Weidman.

Weidman wasn't done, but he was definitely slowing down. Still doesn't mean he couldn't secure another TD and just ride Mousasi.

Mousasi also came out in the second like a bat out of hell because he did not want to spend another round grappling with Weidman.
I'll admit I havent rewatched the fight since it happened, but am I misremembering Moose effortlessly stuffing Weidmans takedowns or getting right back up before Weidman got finished? Weidman was getting too gassed to secure them after the 1st round.

Thought Weidman was catching Mousassi a lot but nothing seemed to do much damage. Like Chris's power was gone.

Weidman really needs to move up to 205. After the IV ban he dropped like 6-7 lbs.

Was rooting for Weidman in that one. Moose put on a really good performance though

Moose has absolutely nothing for Whittaker

Not a thing. God awful matchup for him

It was a closer fight than TS suggests up until Weidman went all special ed.

Moose gets shit for the almost-loss to Schlemenko. But all fighters stop looking slick when they have just the one eyeball. Moose got a broken orbital almost immediately. He could have quit. Instead he fought through it and won. Hespect.

The whole GSP and Bisping middleweight bullshit was not worth losing Moose. So many good fights now will never happen.
Yep. UFC shat the bed big-time. Again.

You realize the first time - Moose left Jacare unconscious right?

Sorry, the context was their first UFC fight.

It didn't occur to me to note their fight that was - literally - ten years ago. I can correct my statement though - Jacare will crush Moose, just like he did the last time. There is a greater chance of Jacare slipping on a banana peel then losing via upkick again.

God damn what a stupid post. "The best guys mopped the floor wit the guys who mopped the floor with Moose" - uh, who?

Jacare (summarily smashed by the current best, Whittaker)

Machida (smashed by Rockhold, Romero, Bruson, effectively everyone not named Moose)

Uriah Hall (no citation needed)

Literally, the best guys mop the floor, with the guys who mopped the floor, with Moose

To be fair, the same could be said about Rory against Lima. I think fighters going to Bellator from the UFC, and to the UFC from Bellator are going to have problems either way because of the differences in testing in each organization.

Sorry, the context was their first UFC fight.

It didn't occur to me to note their fight that was - literally - ten years ago. I can correct my statement though - Jacare will crush Moose, just like he did the last time. There is a greater chance of Jacare slipping on a banana peel then losing via upkick again.

Jacare (summarily smashed by the current best, Whittaker)

Machida (smashed by Rockhold, Romero, Bruson, effectively everyone not named Moose)

Uriah Hall (no citation needed)

Literally, the best guys mop the floor, with the guys who mopped the floor, with Moose

Machida has considerably declined since his fight with Mousasi. Mousasi beats the Machida that lost to Rockhold, Brunson, Romero, et cetera. Mousasi beat Uriah Hall, proving the ending of the first fight to be an unlikely outcome. And Jacare is just a bad match up for him.

Back