Just rewatched Mousasi vs Weidman

How exactly did he try to cheat? He thought he was fouled, that his hands were still touching the mat when he got kneed. Even the ref saw it that way, but he fucked up. It should've been a NC.
Dumb weidman put his hands on the mat to bait mousasi into kneeing him to get DQ'd, but unfortunatley for him Moose isn't a dumbass and lifted him up so his hands weren't flat on ghe mat then knee'd him.

100% legal the rule only applies when your palm is firmly on the mat not just your fingertips. Cringed watching Weidman writhing in pain when he thought it was DQ then instantly he's fine when the fight is ruled victory for Moose.

Moose didn´t look like shit, Alexander looked awesome. That´s the difference.

Seriously, what can Shlemenko do to stop being underrated, he just schooled Moose in MMA and people still sleeping on him.

Get choked out by Tito Ortiz.

Low moral Chris was still winning that fight good luck when you get him on a win streak.

The best MWs are Chris and Luke they both will get gold this year.

Mousasi was just a bad match up for Weidman. They're both really good fighters. Weidman was great at fighting fighters with huge holes. Mousasi doesn't have any obvious ones anymore, so Weidman couldn't figure out what to do with him.

Low moral Chris was still winning that fight good luck when you get him on a win streak.

How the fuck is the best MW 1-3 in his last 4?

Mousasi was just a bad match up for Weidman. They're both really good fighters. Weidman was great at fighting fighters with huge holes. Mousasi doesn't have any obvious ones anymore, so Weidman couldn't figure out what to do with him.
I'm a Mousasi fan and he has huge holes. When he faces a really good wrestler he's usually dumbfounded and stuck on his back. Weidman was tailor made to beat him. He clearly won the first. To bad he tried to game the system.

Last edited:

Seriously, what can Shlemenko do to stop being underrated, he just schooled Moose in MMA and people still sleeping on him.

Dude tapped out to a 40 year old Ortiz, coming off like 10 straight losses. Pump the brakes on the hype train.

How the fuck is the best MW 1-3 in his last 4?

Easy he was winning all those fights and lost them on errors that can happen.

He can easily be the favorite in all those rematches.

Just you wait he will get that belt back.

Only if Whittaker gets stripped.

I'm telling you, Robert is for real.

Easy he was winning all those fights and lost them on errors that can happen.

He can easily be the favorite in all those rematches.

Just you wait he will get that belt back.
It was 1-1 going into the third with Rockhold. I do agree though that Weidman did seem to have the momentum before he thought he was a TKD expert.

He was up 2 rounds imo against Romero before getting his head split open in the third.

I thought he would also beat Mousasi by out wrestling him as long as his gas tank held up.

I personally seem him losing to Jacare and I think Rockhold is the best 185er in the game.

yeah, weidman was pretty pathetic in that fight. worst cardio ever and tried to game the system and got fucked

no, he looked like shit. also had a broken orbital, but he looked like shit

alex didnt look amazing... his fight iq was shit but i thought he won

Well yea.

Only if Whittaker gets stripped.

I'm telling you, Robert is for real.

Robert is the real deal for sure but I feel he is a tad undersized / young and had this recent problems not sure if he will hold it, maybe in a few years he will get it back I really see Chris as champ again.

Luke vs Robert can easily go either way that Luke sure likes eating them punches a tad to much.

It was 1-1 going into the third with Rockhold. I do agree though that Weidman did seem to have the momentum before he thought he was a TKD expert.

He was up 2 rounds imo against Romero before getting his head split opened in the third.

I thought he would also beat Mousasi by out wrestling him as long as his gas tank held up.

I personally seem him losing to Jacare and I think Rockhold is the best 185er in the game.

For me he was competitive in all his losses and can easily be the one getting the W if they meet up again the most I would be nervous about will be the Luke fight.

Also he needs to chill out a tad and stop getting so adrenaline dumped after the first round.

I don't think Moose is particularly special. He's a solid top ten, but not at the level of Rockhold, Whittaker, Yoel, or Jacare. And his fight with weidman doesn't really sway me either, as I've always felt weidman was more the beneficiary of circumstance.

To explain, his only top ten win before Silva was Munoz due to a complete lack of contenders at the time, and Munoz had no business being in the top ten to begin with, evidenced by him almost immediately falling out and into irrelevance. Hell, Munoz got choked out in the first round by a last minute replacement welterweight in Jucao (a very cool dude who I happen to know personally, but it is what it is). Back to the Chris, however, he was 10 years younger than Silva, and yet both their fights ended on strange notes. The first fight had Silva frustrating and confusing him the whole first round, but he overplayed his hand and got caught by a desperate Weidman, and the second fight Silva looked sharp and on point prior to a nasty freak leg injury. Weidman did have an awesome fight with Machida, although the latter was starting to lose a step at that point, and proceeded to ko a VERY over-the-hill Belfort. After that, 3 losses in a row and a win over Gastelum, who is a less athletic version of himself.

Now none of this is to say Weidman is a bad fighter, but much like Moose, I feel he's a top ten but not one of the absolute elite in the weight class. That title belongs to Yoel, whittaker, Rockhold, and Jacare. Those four would each absolutely wreck anybody else there at this moment.

Remember when Weidman became the GOAT because he beat 3 Brazilians with an average age off 36.33?

Dumb weidman put his hands on the mat to bait mousasi into kneeing him to get DQ'd, but unfortunatley for him Moose isn't a dumbass and lifted him up so his hands weren't flat on ghe mat then knee'd him.

100% legal the rule only applies when your palm is firmly on the mat not just your fingertips. Cringed watching Weidman writhing in pain when he thought it was DQ then instantly he's fine when the fight is ruled victory for Moose.

Then the ref fucked up and should have told them to keep fighting. Instead, he stopped the fight and brought the doctors in. He tried to "bait" him? Fighters put their hands down like that often to AVOID getting kneed in the face, not to intentionally draw a foul. Don't be stupid.

Weidman was probably so out of it after that he probably didn't remember exactly what happened until he was shown the replay. Smarten up.

The first fight had Silva frustrating and confusing him the whole first round, but he overplayed his hand and got caught by a desperate Weidman, and the second fight Silva looked sharp and on point prior to a nasty freak leg injury.

Neither of those things happened lol

Back