Just rewatched Jones-Cormier

Roids

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Rnd 1, Close with Jones edging it with a few stronger decisive shots

Rn 2, Close but Cormier edging it clearly with some nice shots

Rnd 3. Interesting round. Imo neither fighter won this round, it should be a 10/10

Rnd 4. Jones dominated with this control and take downs.

Rnd 5. Again neither fighter did anything as they just spent it in the clinch doing no damage. 10/10

49/48 Jones.

This was a close competitive fight even if you award Jones rounds 4 and 5, there was nothing really in it apart from the 4th round. Neither fighter did any major damage, and the idea that Jones dominated is pure fantasy. DC deserves a rematch and is capable of beating Jones if he works on his cardio.

DC needs to avoid the knees to the body next time. That's what ended up being his demise.

DC needs to avoid the knees to the body next time. That's what ended up being his demise.

Knees, body kicks, hooks. Jones attack on DC's body was varied. I don't see how he can avoid the body knees with the gameplan he needs to win.

Those close rounds you have at 10-10 went to Jones because it just felt like he was in control of the fight. Also, the champion can be given those close rounds by default almost which we may have seen with GSP vs. Hendricks.

Cain will eat Jones alive, if there's anything left after Gus get's his hands on him

Gustaffsons confidence sky rocketed after watching this fight.

Those close rounds you have at 10-10 went to Jones because it just felt like he was in control of the fight. Also, the champion can be given those close rounds by default almost which we may have seen with GSP vs. Hendricks.

They should never just go to the champ by default

Whoever wins them wons them, the champ doesnt get any special consideration

I scored it

Jones: 1, 4, 5
DC: 2, 3

Wasn't a 'domination', but it was pretty clearly a Jones win. The fifth looked like Jones was controlling everything, he also just seemed more confident in himself as the winner.

They should never just go to the champ by default

Whoever wins them wons them, the champ doesnt get any special consideration

I thought he controlled every round of the fight except round 2, when cormier had a bit of success with Dirty boxing/breaking from the clinch and throwing uppercuts.

I'm just saying the champion might get bias in his favor in the eyes of some judges.

Also, 10-10 rounds are really rare.

Cain will eat Jones alive, if there's anything left after Gus get's his hands on him

EwtRzko.gif

2h34mrb.jpg

Jones nuthugger checking in, the fight was there for the taking for Cormier if he wanted it bad enough. He really needs to get off the cage though, its just the visual of Jones pushing him up against the cage over and over again. Get off the cage and it's a much tougher fight to judge. I had Jones easily 49-46 but if DC could have gotten off the cage more often and not get bullied there it could have gone either way.

why does jones or the champ get them?

All bullshit about T/E and coke sniffin aside.......

I feel like Cormier was just a huge disappointment. Considering how himself and the UFC hyped himself to be, he barely showed up. The only time he looked good was in the clinch, but that faded off also. The body work Jones put in quick paid off dividends, as I attribute that to be what ruined his cardio, as he stated himself.

I just knew from the start the fight was BS media hype, and Cormier just isn't on the same level as Bones

i gave dc the 2nd and 3rd, 1st was close as well.

why does jones or the champ get them?

I was just meaning to say that that is how it seems to go sometimes. The judges might have a slight bias. Actually the crowd is probably a bigger influence on the judges than their bias toward thinking one fighter might be better going in. If the crowd is loud for their local guy, the judges can make some stupid calls. See Bisping vs. Hamill and Rockhold vs. Jacare.

So now both DC and Gus deserve a rematch. Guess Bones should be all booked up through 2017, no need for anyone else at LHW to fight. We have seen enough for a couple years.

Wow 2001. How was sherdog back then and how have you stayed un-banned?

Did you have tv muted in a dark room with thermostat set at 71. If not you was influenced

Back