Just rewatched GSP vs BJ II

lol Nintendo, funny you think thats old school.

Atari 800xl, i was trolling the internet before you were born son.

.......jeez

Can I at least get a warning before you guys turn this into a pissing contest? Congrats old man.

An overrated bigger fighter who had to resort in greasing to win, yeah how impressive!

Yes.
There is a reason they hardly every showed any of GSP’s fights on Unleashed.

GSP was a 10-9 collector.

BJ later admitted his jaw and head hurt for weeks after the fight and he had memory loss. I think he absorbed like 300 strikes if I recall correctly

Yeah.

Even though I've seen the fight plenty of times, the last time I saw it a few weeks ago was when it really popped up how done BJ was after round 3.

He looked physically exhausted and mentally demoralized.

It's understandable that your brother/corner want to see you win and pull out some Rocky ish but he took a beating in the 2nd and 3rd.

The 1st round was good. Pretty competitive with both fighters doing well.

The 4th round may have been scored a 10-7 by some of today's standards.

Idk if this counts as motivated penn. bj penns physique during the Sanchez and Florini fights were way more shredded. Either way , a vicious beat down on an all time great
Those 2 fights were at 55 of course he looked leaner. This was BJ in his prime

Good god, if I needed another reminder of just how good prime GSP was, did I ever get one.

This is the greatest technical performance in MMA history. Yes, more so than Anderson - Forrest and Conor - Eddie, because neither Forrest nor Eddie were anywhere near as good as prime motivated BJ Penn; not even close. Plus they were both favourable stylistic matchups while many thought BJ was GSP's kryptonite: god-tier TDD, great chin, pressure boxing, and one of the most effective guards ever.

A lot of people thought BJ won their first fight, and BJ was looking better than he ever had in the three fights leading up to this rematch. In terms of the betting line, it was the closest of any GSP fight in his career since the Hughes rematch, and GSP has been a huge favourite in every fight since then, until he retired in 2013. So a lot of people gave BJ a great chance here, and thought if GSP were to win, it would at least be competitive.

Not the case. Total fucking domination, on the feet and on the ground. Jabbed his face off, sliced through BJ's legendary guard like a hot knife through butter, and watching BJ wincing, helpless on the ground while getting beaten up was pretty sad to watch actually.

Just a random collection of thoughts. GSP is the GOAT, there's not a close second in my opinion.

Edit:
Here's this all-time GOAT gif for ya

MMA's most iconic "No Mas" moment

Is like a fw fighting a jacked up WW. Complete domination. Wow

GSP was clearly way better. Penn wasn't going to do anything to GSP from his guard. He maybe could have neutralized some of the damage but he wasn't going to do anything from his back other than lose.

He wasn't subbing GSP, he wasn't sweeping him and he wasn't going to get back up.

I agree with this but we will never know though.

Jones beat Rashad, Machida, Chael and Vitor who might be comparable to BJ in the fighting out of wrong weight class debate yet everyone still sucks his dick to no end. And he might have been on steroids when he did it so ......... if anyone ever says that kinda shit about GSP vs BJ or Serra then they have to say it about Jones as well.

No problem bro.
Let’s say it about Jones.

Is that a fact? That's why grapplers, wrestlers, and fighters have been doing since the inception of combat sports?

Like who??

RDA was accused of greasing vs Colby

Andy is on video greasing vs Chael

Is that a fact? That's why grapplers, wrestlers, and fighters have been doing since the inception of combat sports?

Yeah.

Even though I've seen the fight plenty of times, the last time I saw it a few weeks ago was when it really popped up how done BJ was after round 3.

He looked physically exhausted and mentally demoralized.

It's understandable that your brother/corner want to see you win and pull out some Rocky ish but he took a beating in the 2nd and 3rd.

The 1st round was good. Pretty competitive with both fighters doing well.

The 4th round may have been scored a 10-7 by some of today's standards.

I believe most likely Georges most likely would have won without the grease. But he greased for a reason, let's not pretend it wasnt intentional. It taints the win and the performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back