Just rewatched "Fright Night" 1985

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and I had forgot how effed up the vampire was in that movie lol. So In keeping with the themes of my other threads

Who's the best fictional Dracula? (maybe that should've been the thread title.)

Chris Sarandon in "Fright Night". I remember being scared poopless as a kid watching him for some reason my mom didn't have any great compunctions about letting me view a lot of horror in the 80's lol. Between fright night, and an American werewolf. I had to sleep with a night light on well into my thirties:icon_surp.

Gary Oldham, "Bram stokers Dracula" I know Gary will when this poll hands down. He freaked me out in this movie. The guy doesn't get brought up nearly enough in the discussions of great actors imo.

Tom Cruise as "Lestat" in interview with a vampire. I know Tom does too many action movies to ever be taken seriously by the academy. but he showed his range, and creepy side in this one.

Brad Pitt as Louis de Pointe du Lac, " interview with a vampire" Cruise pretty much stole all the scenes from an emerging Pitt in this film. but imo he was a solid C+ as a vamp.

Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost. "Blade". The comic book nerd in me that absolutely loves this movie mandates that he be my all time best vampire.i'll admit I'm a little biased. I may get flamed for this but Stephen Dorff killed it as Frost.

Dominic Purcell, as Dracula. Blade 3. The nerd love I have for the first Blade film, is only matched by the seething hatred I feel for every daywalker that was involved in the making of this horrid p.o.s. film.

Eddie Murphy, "A Vampire in Brooklyn". I actually thought this movie was so bad that it was good. Eddie was completely buffoonish as he tried to act serious as Dracula down to the "S" curl he was wearing.

I know I've forgot a lot of "good" vamps so let me know. I'll pm Dragon, and equus to see if we can get a poll going. and defend your number 1 draft pick. Also, before you ask yes the names of the films above are typed in blood.

Lestat ftw, that dude was quality

Gary Oldman could lay claim to greatest villain, period, for that role. I don't necessarily agree that he doesn't get his due for his acting in general, because a lot of folks, especially around here, drink his Kool-aid. But for that specific role, I don't believe he gets enough credit, nor does that movie in general.

Possibly the GOAT vampire movie.

Frank Langella in Dracula scared the living crap out of me.

Gary Oldman could lay claim to greatest villain, period, for that role. I don't necessarily agree that he doesn't get his due for his acting in general, because a lot of folks, especially around here, drink his Kool-aid. But for that specific role, I don't believe he gets enough credit, nor does that movie in general.

Possibly the GOAT vampire movie.

yeah I was older when that came out and I remember being a little unsettled by the whole thing.it's rewatchability is wanting though imo. what say you? i'll admit I'm somewhat of a big hairy vagina when it comes to serious horror lol.

like I've yet to watch the exorcist . I worked with a former USMC Recon gunnery sergeant /Vietnam vet who would casually talk about chopping off heads during the war. He who told me to pass on the exorcist lol. he said it stayed with him for a while.

I forgot about Fright Night. Good film. I seem to recall liking the sequel too. I don't have a vote for best Dracula.

no Max Shreck???

he was terrifying in Nosferatu. and the fact that it was silent...... whew...

jk. the 1931 starring Lugosi is awesome as well.

I love Interview with Vampire. Watched it so many times. My favorite Vampire movies sitting beside Let the right one in at number 1.

So I will go Lestat.

EDIT:
While Bram stokers Dracula and Nosferatu are no doubt classics, the timeline, not exactly modern time, within the movie make me feels "less" about them. Still excellent movies.

No Max Shreck.
No Klaus Kinski.
No Christopher Lee.
No Bela Lugosi.

What is the meaning of this shit?

jk. the 1931 starring Lugosi is awesome as well.

ive got more info on movies, and documentaries that I would have never known. my wife gets peeved that im always on here. I keep telling her "I'm on sherdog to learn". "now back to the kitchen woman!":cool:

yeah I was older when that came out and I remember being a little unsettled by the whole thing.it's rewatchability is wanting though imo. what say you? i'll admit I'm somewhat of a big hairy vagina when it comes to serious horror lol.

like I've yet to watch the exorcist . I worked with a former USMC Recon gunnery sergeant /Vietnam vet who would casually talk about chopping off heads during the war. He who told me to pass on the exorcist lol. he said it stayed with him for a while.

It has rewatchabilty, mang. If not for Winona Ryder's bouncing boobs of bliss, for the opening scene alone. Speak of things that stick with you...

William DeFoe in Shadow of the Vampire (2000) is another strong canditate.

No Max Shreck.
No Klaus Kinski.
No Christopher Lee.
No Bela Lugosi.

What is the meaning of this shit?

Sir, there's only one real answer and his name is Frost. what other Vampire do you know can dodge three bullets at near point blank range?

Shame the remake was such a steaming pile of garbage.

Fright Night fucked me up bad as a kid.

LOL at Dominic Purcell being anywhere near this list. Dunno what Goyer was smoking with that casting choice.

Back