Just rewatched Domnick Cruz vs TJ Dillashaw

The only thing I remember about the fight was Tj throwing kicks and landing and thinking to myself "If he keeps landing kicks he can take cruz's foot work away and win with a knockout".....

But he didn't...

1,4,5 for TJ.At the time of the fight TJ was hated by mostly of this forum and people were blinded by Rogan's commentary and the whole TJ-snake thing while simultaneously being obsessed with the corny comeback story that they didn't watch the fight clearly.

lol you arent biased at all.

Dom made TJ look stupid whiffing at air for 25 minutes

1,4,5 for TJ.At the time of the fight TJ was hated by mostly of this forum and people were blinded by Rogan's commentary and the whole TJ-snake thing while simultaneously being obsessed with the corny comeback story that they didn't watch the fight clearly.

<PlusJuan>

This so much. People on here wanted their Disney comeback ending so bad they ignored the reality that TJ did more damage. But he's a snake so fuck objectivity.

lol you arent biased at all.

Dom made TJ look stupid whiffing at air for 25 minutes
TJ landed more strikes than Cruz. lol the biggest myth of this fight... "TJ whiffed at air all night" ROFL.

That air though, making Dom limp out of the cage.

TJ landed more strikes than Cruz. lol the biggest myth of this fight... "TJ whiffed at air all night" ROFL.

That air though, making Dom limp out of the cage.

its true bro. its damn true.

TJ fought as if Dom had did some really disgraceful stuff to TJ's momma and broadcast it live on Facebook

its true bro. its damn true.

TJ fought as if Dom had did some really disgraceful stuff to TJ's momma and broadcast it live on Facebook
Yeah I agree. TJ did beat that ass while Dom point fought.

I thought TJ won. If it weren't for them takedowns, case closed

I scored it for tj but knew it was close. I came on here immediately after fight and was reading through the threads during the fight and was surprised everyone seemed so adamant through 3 rounds that Cruz was dominating.

I felt tj chased Cruz while first rd and it played into sims hands. Then second round tj stops chasing and makes Cruz coke to him and it works, until about halfway through second round then tj starts chasing dim again and round swings back into cruz’s Favor. Then third round tj chases again and then 4th and 5th he stops chasing and makes dim be aggressor and fight swings back to him.

You don't count the missed shots against a fighter.Go learn how to score fights.
Did I say missing strikes is all that matters? Stop trying to be witty and try harder to be a good poster.

You dont even train you soyboy

Did I say missing strikes is all that matters? Stop trying to be witty and try harder to be a good poster.

You dont even train you soyboy
Then what is the point of saying ''Dom made TJ look stupid whiffing at air for 25 minutes''? Stop backing down you soyboy

Then what is the point of saying ''Dom made TJ look stupid whiffing at air for 25 minutes''? Stop backing down you soyboy

Because that is exactly what happened and described the fight you dunce.

If you are looking stupid in a fight, you likely aren't winning in anyone's eyes. I'm not going to break this down letter by letter for you.

Because that is exactly what happened and described the fight you dunce.

If you are looking stupid in a fight, you likely aren't winning in anyone's eyes. I'm not going to break this down letter by letter for you.
That doesn't matter tho you braindead.The unified rules only score aggression, damage, strikes landed, and dominant positions.TJ won them all. Missed shots meant absolutely nothing.

I feel like for most of the rounds, without TJ, there would be no fight. Since each round was close, I scored more rounds for TJ for aggression. You shouldn't really win fights for making your opponents miss, if anything, your opponent is taking risks and should get more credit.

this is how i felt on first watch though, I haven't seen it again. Good fight. Wrong application of judging criteria.

Last edited:
I feel like for most of the rounds, without TJ, there would be no fight. Since each round was close, I scored more rounds for TJ for aggression. You shouldn't really win fights for making your opponents miss, if anything, your opponent is taking risks and should get more credit.

this is how i felt on first watch though, I haven't seen it again. Good fight. Wrong judging criteria.

Exactly

This is one of the fight that i rewatched the most , such a great technical fight which doesnt get mentioned a lot here . I scored it 48-47 cruz with dom clearly winning the first 3 rounds and tj winning the 4th while the 5th was a close round but TJ edged it . Would love to see a rematch these days with Dom getting hsi belt back from TJ again .

How did you sherdoggers score this fight ?
Ignore. Totally misread the post.

Back