Just rewatched Domnick Cruz vs TJ Dillashaw

I had 1,4,5 TJ, or draw. TJ missed more, but landed the better strikes imo. There were rounds that could have been his, but do nothing takedowns swung it in Dom's favor. This thread has been done to death, and the responses here are pretty much copy and pastes of old rhetorics.

Whatever the result, it should have had a rematch, but the UFC only does that to marketable trash talkers

Side note, TJ is 3-0 in rematches, and vastly improves every time. He'd take the Dom rematch.

I had 1,4,5 TJ, or draw. TJ missed more, but landed the better strikes imo. There were rounds that could have been his, but do nothing takedowns swung it in Dom's favor. This thread has been done to death, and the responses here are pretty much copy and pastes of old rhetorics.

Whatever the result, it should have had a rematch, but the UFC only does that to marketable trash talkers

Side note, TJ is 3-0 in rematches, and vastly improves every time. He'd take the Dom rematch.

The only way Cruz can stay healthy is if he stops training.

Cruz physically sucked before that.

Cruz shouldnt have won that fight, but he did, which is amazing.

Although TJ did more damage, there was a grappling exchange in round 3 (might have been round 2), where TJ was winning the round handily up to that point, but in the last minute got taken down like three times in a row, even though Dom couldn't hold him down and TJ popped right back up I've always felt like that moment changed the judges mind on the round and ultimately gave Dom the fight.

I do think TJ wins and possibly finishes Dom in a rematch.

If you take a guy down, but the guy gets back up in under 5 seconds, that shouldn't count more than landing a good jab..if you can't control the takedown, it shouldn't count more than a good strike landed..it should count, but not very much.

I gave it to Cruz in a close fight. He made TJ frustrated many times during that bout, both pulled out some cool tricks. That's a good one to rewatch, going to do that now. Thanks, TS

Cruz won that fight even after watching it 3 times. But if they fight again, TJ will win it this time.

The only way Cruz can stay healthy is if he stops training.

Cruz physically sucked before that.

Cruz shouldnt have won that fight, but he did, which is amazing.
Cruz's ability to make it to fight night is worse than Khabib's. I think the best version of Cruz was his third fight against Urijah Faber, which is a shame, because it was wasted against Urijah Faber.

Such a good and close fight. Can't wait to see a rematch

I remember watching it live and just forgetting to score because it was so even and good I just kinda fell into watching two masters of the game go to work

My opinion has changed on this a couple times but I think at the moment TJ won. Although if I watch it again I might change my mind. No robbery though that fight was so damn close

MMA needs more draws for fights like this, saying either man lost this fight is a little crazy to me

Hitting air doesn't mean you're losing. Just because Cruz can dodge punches doesn't mean he automatically gets the round. Watch each round, TJ lands the better strikes in almost every round.

Still a close fight tho and TJ would murder the Cruz of today.

I'll go watch it rn, so I can have an opinion. I'll even score it.

EDIT:

Round 1: Dominick (Made TJ miss a lot, defended TD, and landed more.)

Round 2: Dominick (Again made TJ miss a lot, and landed 2 TD’s)

Round 3: TJ (He pressured Dom most of the round, and won with a lot of cage control)

Round 4: TJ (Very close but I’ll give it to TJ for pressure, and a takedown)

Round 5: Dominick (Pressured TJ a lot, and landed good shots)
48-47 Dominick

Nice to see opinions sway on that 5th round. During the fight everyone acted like it was a clear TJ round, but Dom was aggressive as fuck and going for it hard in that round.

Nice to see opinions sway on that 5th round. During the fight everyone acted like it was a clear TJ round, but Dom was aggressive as fuck and going for it hard in that round.
At first i scored it for dom (49-46 cruz) but like i said its a very close round that couldve went either way .

One of those fights that really could've gone either way, I had Dom winning a close fight but remember thinking I wouldn't have been shocked to see TJ take it because it was that damn close.

Would love to see a rematch between these two

I remember scoring it for Cruz slightly

Definitely need a rematch tho, seems TJ has leveled up

Dom won rounds 1-3. Round 5 could go either way. I really want to see this rematch.

The time one time i watched it, i thought tj won.

Cruz can get out of the couch and spank Tj again. Styles make fights. Cody is still a damn bad match for Cruz too.

You will be flamed. Sherdoggers only care about who is hot right now, and that is TJ.

Most of them will Now say they feel TJ was robbed, even though many of them said Dom won immediately after the fight.
So far all have said Cruz. And rightfully so

Back