Just rewatched Cormier vs Stipe 2....

I had Stipe winning round 3 and clearly starting to dominate in round 4 en route to knocking Cormier out. Momentum and age favor Stipe, I expect he wins the trilogy.

He is kind of shady but he's learned how to play people and be manipulative to get what he wants. I think he learned it growing up in wrestling, being around coaches and brown nosing to get the attention he so desperately needed.

He lets Dana be the boss, and by not challenging him he gets rewarded. Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen applied the same angle.

But yeah, he's not an "honorable" man. He's a "yes man" being as how he will ask how high when told to jump and not utter one iota about it. He's just learned how to play the system.

Speaking about manipulative...it's hard for me to forget a snippet from the embeddeds for UFC 230. Cormier's family is busy decorating Halloween pumpkins, and on his Daniel is painting the logo for OSU, the university he went to. A odd choice for the holiday...but ah, there's a reason as DC explains.

He's probably joking, but even joking about mind controlling your child with lifelong subliminal messages to go to your alma mater creeps me out.

What this has to do with anything? Is this your answer? I see, you have nothing to say. No worries.

But, just to remember, vs Struve and vs DC were fights "virtually identical" (as Mike Goldberg would say): eyepoke right before the KO. Poor DC, needed to copy a "strategy" from... Struve. And a dirty one... LOL!!

Waiting and hoping for another DIVINE JUSTICE. DC will retire crying, because cry is the only thing he does best short of the eyepokes themselves.

WAR STIPE!!

Don't care for either one. Both can ko each other like they did .

Stipe looked like deer in headlights until about mid 3rd round. Then when he got a bit of confidence and let his hands go DC started getting boxed up.
I see Stipe coming in much more confident and relaxed this time, starting to work the body earlier and finishing in the 3rd.

DC clearly won round 1 and he won round 2, but Stipe was starting to get more comfortable. Round 3 was an easy one for Stipe. By the end of the round, you knew DC had no chance.

DC is a brown nose who wears Dana's ass as a ski mask.

I always thought DC's shots looked really weak, and Stipe was just waiting for a good opportunity. He had a good round one, even though he didn't do any damage on the ground, it just looked like the shots were not bothering Stipe that much, DC can't wrestle with Stipe for more than 2 rounds without getting tired, Stipe had more guts and outlasted him, there was no fluke, unlike in their first fight, Stipe should be expected to win the third fight imo

DC is obviously the superior fighter, he basically did whatever he wanted.

Stipe’s lack of head movement was shocking, he was a punching bag for the large majority of the fight.

DC is really up there tho, he’s gonna be slower and I’m not sure he can execute a grapple heavy gameplan for 5 rounds at his advanced age.

The better fighter doesn’t always win, really looking forward to this trilogy!

It is very obvious that DC is much more powerfully built than Stipe and therefore has a major strength advantage over Stipe. Stipe looks skinny and lanky in comparison. Also, DC is more skilled than Stipe.

DC takes the third fight easily.

Doesn’t matter anyway, both will likely retire after this no matter what. DC has said many times he doesn’t want to fight Ngannou, and I doubt Stipe wants to do it again.

Also gotta remember that DC was coming off a pretty serious back surgery and therefore had a pretty shitty camp.

Don't see how Stipe wins
Dc was looking old and chunky recently. I worry about his age and shit diet catching up with him.

Never rewatched the fight but how I remember it is DC dominated most of it, then all of a sudden weirdly seemed to not know how to defend body shots, so Stipe started throwing the same punch to the same place over and over in almost comical fashion with DC seemingly having no answer for it.

I had Stipe winning round 3 and clearly starting to dominate in round 4 en route to knocking Cormier out. Momentum and age favor Stipe, I expect he wins the trilogy.
Close fight ! Both at their prime ! Age doesn't catch DC for the moment ! Ego beats DC last time ! If he was defensive after 4-5 body shots, he can win a clase decision against the best version of Miocic

Did Cormier beat the piss out Stipe for 90% of that fight or what?

Cormier takes the trilogy easily.

Well seeing as stipe won rounds 3 and 4, and likely would’ve won the fifth... no, I wouldn’t say being on your way to losing a decision constitutes beating the piss out of your opponent. Cormier had a really good round and a half before it started going downhill.

yea he did & realistically he is a far better all-around fighter. But I don’t see his cardio holding on for 5 rounds especially if he plans on wrestling a lot. I think he puts together 3 strong rounds and then tries to survive the last two rounds. Stipe doesn’t gas tho, that guy has great cardio. Very smart striker and will be able to defend takedowns late.

should be a hell of a fight regardless

I won’t be betting on this fight. But if I had to, I’d probably favor DC.

that was a TKO big guy not KO
Should have been a ko.
Since DC was unconscious from shots to the chin.
People like to pretend DC was tired and body shots hurt him. The reality is that the body shots made DC drop his hands so Stipe could lay his fat eye poking hyde out.117_Daniel_Cormier_x_Stipe_Miocic.jpg your tears are delicious

Yes, Cormier was dominating him the entire fight, including the 3rd round, and for most of the 4th until the body shot. He also completely outclassed him in the first fight and knocked him out.

Yeah he fucked stipe up. I dont understand why he kept the fight standing after that massive 1st round.

Back