Just rewatched condit vs diaz

Condit won and all the talk of his "running" was pivoting away from Diaz while his back was to the cage, getting to a safe distance and then resetting. Nick is probably at his most dangerous when he is boxing up a guy against the cage. Condit took that away from him and Nick had to Avenue to victory without it.

You can belittle me all you want but I'll keep calling spade a spade.
He was throwing meaningless punches (and that not always) just for the judges' eyes and to avoid being called out for timidity (not that he'd definitely get called out). For some reason you buy that, well good for you.

There are people who bothered counting the points in that fiasco and say Diaz won three rounds. I'm not one of them. Condit was timid from the very beginning and that should count against him.

A funny thing is that, people here scoff at TMA tournaments for being point-based with less than normal contact and yet praise garbage like that.......in a supposed "fighting" environment none the less.

"You're a bad lion Nick! You failed to capture the running Christian!" You guys are a joke.
...and you can continue to cry and curse all you want. All it means is that you are missing my point to what actually I posted.

I disliked the fight. I hated Condit and he lost me as a fan because of that fight. I would never respected him after that.

BUT he was effective.
He would hit and run.
condit-3.gif
condit-2.gif
condit.gif
upload_2018-12-18_15-20-51.jpeg

So you are wrong to claim he did not win. he won because Diaz couldn't hit him back.
Walking forward does not translate to winning a fight.

What you don't understand is that I feel the same way you do. Only I am smart enough to understand that it doesn't mean shit the fact I didn't like the outcome.
Strictly in an MMA point of view, Condit was effective. Diaz was not.

You can belittle me all you want but I'll keep calling spade a spade.
He was throwing meaningless punches (and that not always) just for the judges' eyes and to avoid being called out for timidity (not that he'd definitely get called out). For some reason you buy that, well good for you.

There are people who bothered counting the points in that fiasco and say Diaz won three rounds. I'm not one of them. Condit was timid from the very beginning and that should count against him.

A funny thing is that, people here scoff at TMA tournaments for being point-based with less than normal contact and yet praise garbage like that.......in a supposed "fighting" environment none the less.

"You're a bad lion Nick! You failed to capture the running Christian!" You guys are a joke.
Point fighting is part of mma and a completely valid way to win. Being the aggressor only matters if you're effective.

Simply walking forward eating jabs and leg kicks while looking irritated doesn't win you the fight. People act like Condit did something outrageous that no other fighter has ever done. Like they've never seen an edgar or machida fight.

Well so far it seems like the only argument from Diaz fans is “muh feelings” going to have to write this controversy off as a case of hardcore saltiness.

Beating a dead horse but Condit won that fight easily.

Enough of this Diaz-Condit shit. It's time we moved on to St. Pierre-Hendricks.

I had it 49-47 Hendricks. Can we all agree that's the correct score?

This topic has become a meme in itself. You’ll never get an honest conversation about it. Most people now probably never saw the fight

Condit clearly won the fight. Not sure where the contention is. Nick got out struck and out classed. How was this decision controversial?

The fifth round was fairly close, so it could have gone either way. I think Diaz was for most awarded 1-2, and Condit was given 3-4.

The first was also close, though.

...and you can continue to cry and curse all you want. All it means is that you are missing my point to what actually I posted.

I disliked the fight. I hated Condit and he lost me as a fan because of that fight. I would never respected him after that.

BUT he was effective.
He would hit and run.
condit-3.gif
condit-2.gif
condit.gif
View attachment 490067

So you are wrong to claim he did not win. he won because Diaz couldn't hit him back.
Walking forward does not translate to winning a fight.

What you don't understand is that I feel the same way you do. Only I am smart enough to understand that it doesn't mean shit the fact I didn't like the outcome.
Strictly in an MMA point of view, Condit was effective. Diaz was not.
Now I'm cursing as well? The "I'll be damned" part? You can't make your point without trying to belittle me? Who knows, maybe you can't.

It was "effective" because the rules and judges are exploitable (and even those that are not, aren't always applied. Eyepokes anyone?). Even Dana once called out Jackson for his "strategies" and there's also the famous "don't leave it to the judges".

I said it before and I'll say it again: Even among those who bother to count the points in that farce, there are people who scored it for Nick. It's just I also count Condit's timidity, something that you guys ignore.

"Couldn't hit him back" Not in the gifs you picked. I guess you are "smart enough"....kinda.

Aggression counts but, yeah, let's not count it on this one for some reason.

I didn't miss any point of yours. You say "it was effective" and with that (and by saying you didn't like it) you try to white-wash it but that's not how it works.

Last edited:
No controversy, just Diaz fans being Diaz fans.

You know it's bad when even gsp thought he was robbed

Point fighting is part of mma and a completely valid way to win. Being the aggressor only matters if you're effective.

Simply walking forward eating jabs and leg kicks while looking irritated doesn't win you the fight. People act like Condit did something outrageous that no other fighter has ever done. Like they've never seen an edgar or machida fight.
I said that TMA tournaments are looked down upon on sherdog and you know it's true. That makes several people here hypocrites. As for point-fighting being valid; I sure have noticed that. But I've never heard someone say "He's the baddest point-fighter of the world". Why? Because nobody would bother watching.

Simply walking forward eating jabs and leg kicks while looking irritated doesn't win you the fight.
Now you're just using your imagination by misspresenting what happened. Who knows why.

More or less I agree on the Edgar and Machida comparisons and I'd add GSP to the list so we can be completely fair. I've never said Condit was the only one btw and if I'm talking about him right now is only because people try again to turn black into white.

No controversy, just Diaz fans being Diaz fans.
And drones being drones or maybe you're just a troll.

I said that TMA tournaments are looked down upon on sherdog and you know it's true. That makes several people here hypocrites. As for point-fighting being valid; I sure have noticed that. But I've never heard someone say "He's the baddest point-fighter of the world". Why? Because nobody would bother watching.

Now you're just using your imagination by misspresenting what happened. Who knows why.

More or less I agree on the Edgar and Machida comparisons and I'd add GSP to the list so we can be completely fair. I've never said Condit was the only one btw and if I'm talking about him right now is only because people try again to turn black into white.

And drones being drones or maybe you're just a troll.
Uh oh, here comes the Diaz fanboys lol. Hit a nerve did we? Face the facts, your boy got schooled by Carlos, just accept it and move on.

Now I'm cursing as well? The "I'll be damned" part? You can't make your point without trying to belittle me? Who knows, maybe you can't.

It was "effective" because the rules and judges are exploitable (and even those that are not, aren't always applied. Eyepokes anyone?). Even Dana once called out Jackson for his "strategies" and there's also the famous "don't leave it to the judges".

I said it before and I'll say it again: Even among those who bother to count the points in that farce, there are people who scored it for Nick. It's just I also count Condit's timidity, something that you guys ignore.

"Couldn't hit him back" Not in the gifs you picked. I guess you are "smart enough"....kinda.

Aggression counts but, yeah, let's not count it on this one for some reason.

I didn't miss any point of yours. You say "it was effective" and with that (and by saying you didn't like it) you try to white-wash it but that's not how it works.

No. I don't try shit.
I say what I meant, unlike you.
You cry because in your mind, Condit was "timid". But that is blatantly wrong.
The gifs I put are just examples. he punched/kicked DIaz. then he moved and did not allow DIaz to get close.
That's gameplan, and that was effectively what put Condit above Diaz.

You keep claiming like only YOU can have a view, and everyone who disagree with you is just wrong.
I say you miss the point.
You want to cry. You want to vent.
about a fight that happened 6 years ago.
And you think you have a point... SMH... it's over, son. Give it a rest.

I don't know what you think my username means/references to but that shows your bias towards me. You're trying to find something to latch on to.
Is it because I'm a Diaz fan or because I dislike the UFC and Dana? Maybe both and I wonder what kind of assumption I should make about yourself.

Next stop, previous posts of mine. Dig away.

Typical. Catch someone and their IQ suddenly vanishes.

It's simple Mr. Dork Individual; You were bashing Diaz fans for an imaginary behaviour while you, in the other hand, are actually a wanksta and I posted a pic of that behaviour of yours.
You're a good drone though. Now sit.

Typical dumb pothead making zero sense trying to connect irrelevant things.

Back