Just received my weighted vest

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
I bought a weighted vest on AMZ that weighs up to 60 lbs.

Has anyone tried using this?

I plan to wear it for pull ups, calf raises, and push-ups.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I've been debating getting one for the past couple of years. I do a fair bit of walking, so figured I could do walks with the weight vest for a bit of conditioning.

What was the price, and what are your thoughts on the quality of it so far?

I've been debating getting one for the past couple of years. I do a fair bit of walking, so figured I could do walks with the weight vest for a bit of conditioning.

What was the price, and what are your thoughts on the quality of it so far?
$119 for the 60 lbs. Its very well made. double stitching everywhere and the individual weights aren't metal but some sort of sand bag, so its more conforming and has a soft feel.

i tried it on and had to take out 40 lbs of weight lol. I can do 15 real pull-ups without weight but only could do around 5 with it on. One size will fit all as it uses velcro to tie everything together.

Right now im trying to find exercises for it. People recommend that it be used for hiking. I just want to use it for lifting my own body weight + some.

perfect for low rep calisthenics. pull ups, dips, body rows, pushups, walking lunges.

set a timer to 20 minutes and do pull ups. do a set and sit down, rest as long as you need. then do 20 minutes of dips. EDT style. try to increase the volume over time.

Last edited:
What are the benefits of a vest over a dip belt. I spent $15 on a dip belt and I feel like you can overload easier with with it than a vest. But then again, I only use it for pull-ups and dips.

What are the benefits of a vest over a dip belt. I spent $15 on a dip belt and I feel like you can overload easier with with it than a vest. But then again, I only use it for pull-ups and dips.
You can do more with a weight vest, I'd imagine - weigh vest walks, jumps and push ups etc would be rather tricky with a dip belt....not to mention the swimming of course.

Pretty good. Can’t do anything where the slack on the vest touches the ground like push ups and sit ups. Did some standing calf raises with it on and I could few i after 20 reps. Got a lat day on Saturday so excited to see how it works for pull ups

Pretty good. Can’t do anything where the slack on the vest touches the ground like push ups and sit ups. Did some standing calf raises with it on and I could few i after 20 reps. Got a lat day on Saturday so excited to see how it works for pull ups

Swimming with a weighted vest sounds dangerous, no? Why not just swim with a shirt on. That seems like it would be enough drag.

Swimming with a weighted vest sounds dangerous, no? Why not just swim with a shirt on. That seems like it would be enough drag.

Nah, that's for pussies.

tenor.gif

Sorry, that part was a joke and in reference to an earlier post! I would definitely not recommended swimming with a weighted vest, unless I don't like you.

i used mine when doing dips, push ups, inverted rows, walks with my dog and sometimes when i hit pads at training, throwing in a few sprawls adds to the fun.

i used mine when doing dips, push ups, inverted rows, walks with my dog and sometimes when i hit pads at training, throwing in a few sprawls adds to the fun.
Can you do a full push up with it on? The front touches the ground when i do it

Sorry, that part was a joke and in reference to an earlier post! I would definitely not recommended swimming with a weighted vest, unless I don't like you.

I was about to say.... lol. I figured if you, in the higher likelihood, ended up drowning = lifeguard has to resurface your extra heavy body then take off the vest to perform cpr, which sounds like death.

I bought a weighted vest on AMZ that weighs up to 60 lbs.

Has anyone tried using this?

I plan to wear it for pull ups, calf raises, and push-ups.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Find a steep hill and walk up and down in wearing the vest. Low impact cardio. A nice alternative to running or hill sprints if you get icy weather during winter.

So aka the vest is pretty much pointless?
I don't have one, but no I wouldn't say it's pointless. They have been on my radar for a while, but I have been too tight to fork out for one. Personally, I'd get a lot of use from one just from walking.

Seriously? It's actually a man check. If you can't do at least two laps with the weighted vest on then you shouldn't be in this forum. Try it.

Just dip a thick hoodie in syrup or something, fucking millennials and their fitness bullshit

Back