Just Realized The VPs Are Better Candidates Than the Presidents

If Kaine was running with Hillary as his vice president they would have some good potential for some pretty cool bumper stickers

"Kaine and Not Able" for example

hillary-clinton-staircase-2016-drudge-screenshot-600.jpg
Kaine and not stable imo

Agreed. Pence sucks but he has legit experience and ideological credibility with the right and religious credibility. Kaine is probably even better than Clinton.

And, for what it's worth, Weld is way better than Johnson and whoever is running with Stein is probably way better than her.

Besides his stance on gays he has done a good job as the governor of Indiana and has been good for the state.

He can actually think outside of the box. For example there was a town in Indiana that was having a big problem with HIV spreading due to dirty needles. Needles are hard to come by so druggies were reusing and sharing needles. Sounds weird and kind of "out there" but he started giving out needles and it helped the problem. Druggies were going to shoot up anyway and giving them needles helped slow the spread of HIV. Weird example but like I said....but it shows that he can think outside of the box.
In what kind of fantasy world do you live in? Needle-exchange programs are one of the most common anti-HIV measures known to man. They're about as "outside the box" as giving out condoms.

Besides, Pence didn't actually do it until people from both parties were crawling up his ass about it. He was as reluctant as someone could possibly be and only gave in because the HIV epidemic was costing the state a shit ton of money. And just to be clear, what he actually did was merely lifting a ban on that kind of program. He refused to fund it and left it up to the counties (many which are broke and still can't afford it).

Pence's approval ratings back home are abysmal. He's been trying to launch himself nation-wide for a while now with his retarded hardline conservatard stances on gays, drug users, etc even when his state didn't want any part of that. If Indiana wasn't a traditional red state his VP status could've actually cost them a loss over there. Certainly possible if the Dem candidate was more popular than Hillary.

Which is why I don't agree with the OP. Trump sucks but he's never been in office before so he's still a question mark. Pence is a known commodity: he fucking sucks.

How did he mess with gay people? He was probably just trying to protect Christian bakers and such from getting sued or fined for not baking homosexual wedding cakes.

Fuck off with this nonsense.

The guy was the head of an anti gay organization and tried to pass a law that would ensure prison time for any gay person that registered for a marriage license.

Dude he probably doesn't care about gay people. It's just easy votes.

I'm atheist but would talk about god all day if I was running for office.

Doubtful. His entire administration in Indiana was about refusing the rights of gays. He sacrificed $100 million for the state for his own petty beliefs. The guy is a legit religitard.

Fuck off with this nonsense.

The guy was the head of an anti gay organization and tried to pass a law that would ensure prison time for any gay person that registered for a marriage license.
What organization?

Besides his stance on gays he has done a good job as the governor of Indiana and has been good for the state.

He can actually think outside of the box. For example there was a town in Indiana that was having a big problem with HIV spreading due to dirty needles. Needles are hard to come by so druggies were reusing and sharing needles. Sounds weird and kind of "out there" but he started giving out needles and it helped the problem. Druggies were going to shoot up anyway and giving them needles helped slow the spread of HIV. Weird example but like I said....but it shows that he can think outside of the box.
That's not weird. That's something aids organizations have been pushing for the past two decades.

GOP officials have been resistant to that solution, though, so good on him.

As to the original post, this is especially true for Johnson/Weld (except that Weld is less in line with the party platform, even if he is better on every other metric)

Last edited:
Doubtful. His entire administration in Indiana was about refusing the rights of gays. He sacrificed $100 million for the state for his own petty beliefs. The guy is a legit religitard.
Like I said, his hardline stances were about bulding a brand on the national level. Like some sort of fucked up anti-gay jesus warrior. When people say he brings legitimacy among conservatives, they're talking mostly about evangelicals. I'm not saying he doesn't hold those beliefs himself (most likely does), but there is an underlying strategy to his decisions.

It is kinda sad a politician can make a name for himself by intentionally fucking over his own state though. Indiana is gonna vote red no matter what (Obama needed a bulldozing campaign + running against a corpse to steal it and only managed to do that once) so it's not about securing a swing state (like Kaine is).

I agree that Pence is a greater candidate than Trump. No question.

Back