Just Realised Bisping/Belfort is in Brazil

I think it will make a difference. Those Brazil fights seem - from a distance at least - to have a lot of energy. Some of these guys are big there, much bigger than any MMA fighter in US.

I think it will make a difference. Those Brazil fights seem - from a distance at least - to have a lot of energy. Some of these guys are big there, much bigger than any MMA fighter in US.

Yeah the fact that it's in Brazil is what scares me the most. Look at the first major Brazillian card they did (was it Aldo-Mendes?), I think of the whole main card and prelims only 1 Brazillian lost their fight.

If Bisping beats Belfort in Brazil, he'll get shot... and not of the 'title' type

Anthony Johnson vs Belfort was in Brazil...
Johnson started really well. If the opponent has a strong mind, there is really not many advantages... I think Bisping won't have a problem with that, and if he doesn't get food poisoned, there is no problems for him to fight in Brazil.

Yeah! and finally in my hometown, and less than a mile away from my apartment.
Sucks that I'm with my ankle totally fucked and can't barely walk. :/

If I manage to go, I'll root for Bisping. Don't really care for Belfort.

Hard to say. To me this fight is 50/50. Bisping should be careful in the first minutes, because Belfort is coming like a bull.

Pumped for this, like both fighters, lol

Yeah! and finally in my hometown, and less than a mile away from my apartment.
Sucks that I'm with my ankle totally fucked and can't barely walk. :/

If I manage to go, I'll root for Bisping. Don't really care for Belfort.

You'll root for Bisping? And risk being mauled by angry Brazilians with laser beams attached to their frikkin heads?

So can we expect a retirement announcement should Belfort lose?

So can we expect a retirement announcement should Belfort lose?

I dont think its outa the question. Vitor hasnt been looking his sharpest lately. He beter be on point if he wants to pull this off over Bisping.

You'll root for Bisping? And risk being mauled by angry Brazilians with laser beams attached to their frikkin heads?

People here don't love Belfort that much...... Everybody knows him, but not everybody loves him.
Can't remember a single person who was rooting for Belfort instead of Silva when they fought.

Non-Brazilian fighters fighting Brazilians in Brazil have a very poor record.

Stats may say one thing but if you look at the brazillian cards a lot of the prelims/facebook fights are clear mismatches to favour the home fighters.

As long as Bisping keeps pressing the action and wears on Belfort with a combination of striking and grappling he should win. I'm predicting a second round TKO for Micheal Bisping. After which he will grab the mic and call out the champ.
There is zero chance Bisping wins by TKO in the second.

I think Bispings only chance is wrestling Vitor to the ground and holding him there, but since it's in Brazil I don't think the crowd will let that happen, they didn't for the Rumble fight and hopefully they make enough noise this time around too to get the fight standing

The reason brazilian fighters do that well in Brazil is that they are matched with guys that didn't deserve the fight in the first place.

Yeah the fact that it's in Brazil is what scares me the most. Look at the first major Brazillian card they did (was it Aldo-Mendes?), I think of the whole main card and prelims only 1 Brazillian lost their fight.
UFC 134 and all but one Brazilian was favored to win. And the odds weren't even that close on most of the fights. Like others are saying, it's the matchups. But I do think this is another match-up that favors Brazil.

Stats may say one thing but if you look at the brazillian cards a lot of the prelims/facebook fights are clear mismatches to favour the home fighters.

So true.
I think it has to do to a lot with fighters denying to fight in Brazil... They just choose to fight 2 weeks later in Vegas.

Back