Just Realised Bisping/Belfort is in Brazil

Call him what you like, but Bisping's got a set of stones on him that few other MW contenders have.

Brazil is a hostile place to go and fight, especially when you're a big-mouthed 'bad guy' like Bisping!

I wholeheartedly agree. Have to say though Bisping really isn't the villain he his made out to be. He simply has a sense of humour which is often misunderstood by those outside of the UK. Within the UK Bisping's form of humour is called Banter.

"Banter: The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks" for those of you who aren't familiar with the term. Not trying to insult the intelligence of Americans by the way it's just that as far as I am aware this is not a term commonly used in the states

I wholeheartedly agree. Have to say though Bisping really isn't the villain he his made out to be. He simply has a sense of humour which is often misunderstood by those outside of the UK. Within the UK Bisping's form of humour is called Banter.

"Banter: The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks" for those of you who aren't familiar with the term. Not trying to insult the intelligence of Americans by the way it's just that as far as I am aware this is not a term commonly used in the states

England is all about banter.

We sometimes just rip on each other and take the piss, but in a jokey, funny way. People unfamiliar with it get rubbed up the wrong way.

England is all about banter.

We sometimes just rip on each other and take the piss, but in a jokey, funny way. People unfamiliar with it get rubbed up the wrong way.

My point exactly. Hence why Bisping is so unpopular in the US

The only thing that comes to my mind if anyone mentions Bisping and tital shuts in the same sentence:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

I've noticed one thing, as a Bisping fan, I was worried for him before the Sonnen fight, I was worried for him before the Stann fight, he always comes through

I'm no longer worried, war Bisping!

EDIT: I realise the irony of the fact that he lost the Sonnen fight, but he didn't get completely steamrolled like everyone thought.

If Bisping manages to beat Belfort in Brazil, then he deserves a shitle tot above everyone else at MW, NO QUESTION!!

Uhm no. Weidman deserves a shot.
He actually has a good chance of beating Anderson. Bisping...doesn't.

Uhm no. Weidman deserves a shot.
He actually has a good chance of beating Anderson. Bisping...doesn't.

Well if Bisping beats Belfort he will be as deserving in terms of high profile wins as weidman. Of course I would have to agree that he has very little chance of beating Anderson, whereas stylistically weidman does have a chance, however I'm not sure hes ready, and since he's injured there isn't any point in mentioning him as the number one contender at the moment. Someone needs to fight in the meantime

I would pick Vitor to win anywhere, but I do think it will be interesting to see how much time Biping is given if he gets a takedown or puts Vitor against the cage in Brazil. I think that's a point of concern for Bisping because if the Stann fight is any indication he's not going to be able to mount much offense from either position.

I would pick Vitor to win anywhere, but I do think it will be interesting to see how much time Biping is given if he gets a takedown or puts Vitor against the cage in Brazil. I think that's a point of concern for Bisping because if the Stann fight is any indication he's not going to be able to mount much offense from either position.

Yeah the Stann fight really wasn't that impressive, if you forget the weird Top 10 ranking Stann had and consider just his skills. Similar to Weidman vs. Munoz, I don't know why the hell Munoz can be ranked Top 5 with the skill set he has, even with the wins he has.

Whatever, if Bisping beats Vitor in Brazil and does it in fairly impressive fashion, more power to him and a title fight in England would be cool.

Call him what you like, but Bisping's got a set of stones on him that few other MW contenders have.

Brazil is a hostile place to go and fight, especially when you're a big-mouthed 'bad guy' like Bisping!

Ppl understands his sense of humor, he is not a bad guy at all, but the crowd will boo him here in Brazil anyway, I'm pretty sure... nothing personal, just to help Vitor

I'm kinda surprised by the number of people picking Bisping, surely he gets lit up.

don't know the exact statistics, but Non-Brazilian fighters fighting Brazilians in Brazil have a very poor record.

I think that is more to do with how the UFC matched up the fights, rather than the affect of the crowd on the fighters.

Belfort would win even if it were in Buckingham Palace. I hope I'm wrong.

Belfort is a huge favourite here, despite Bisping being no pushover.
If I was a betting guy, I'd put some money on Vitor.

Belfort also has to fly over and deal with jet lag and horrible food...And There is a n England card soon after this that Bisping could have head lined??

Ppl understands his sense of humor, he is not a bad guy at all, but the crowd will boo him here in Brazil anyway, I'm pretty sure... nothing personal, just to help Vitor

Hey, he sells a fight and he's great at embracing the role of 'villain'. He'll be expecting hell from the crowd and he won't mind - the fans will probably give him a cheer afterwards, especially when Vitor lays him out! Haha.

As long as Bisping keeps pressing the action and wears on Belfort with a combination of striking and grappling he should win. I'm predicting a second round TKO for Micheal Bisping. After which he will grab the mic and call out the champ.

Bisping will be able to take down Vitor with ease.The reason is Bisping's cardio.

Back