Just Realised Bisping/Belfort is in Brazil

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Damn, this fight just got a whole lot more difficult for Bisping to win. I don't know the exact statistics, but Non-Brazilian fighters fighting Brazilians in Brazil have a very poor record.

If Bisping manages to beat Belfort in Brazil, then he deserves a shitle tot above everyone else at MW, NO QUESTION!!

War Bisping!! Bring the title home ;)

Belfort would win even if it were in Buckingham Palace. I hope I'm wrong.

Belfort by KO, Brazil will erupt!

Dat Brazilian crowd can motivate vitor. It can be extremely beneficial if this goes to a 4th and 5th round.

Correction what's a shitle Tot? Is it made of potatoes?

Bisping needs a big name win. His best win to date is still Brian Stann and Matt hamill.
If he wins he should fight Hector Lombard for the title elimination.

Bisping is going to get his ass kicked.I think Bisping is underrated on here by a lot of people.But I just don't really see how he wins this fight. Vitor will KO him in London or anywhere else in the world.

If he does somehow win I think he should get a shot he's been around the top for awhile now.

Vitor is coming off a one sided beatdown at the hands of Jon Jones (armbar attempt not withstanding). I think this could play a key factor in the outcome of the bout and it all depends on how that bout affects vitors mentality going into the fight. If his confidence is dented by being soundly beaten by a young gun then I give the edge to Bisping. If he comes out of the blocks like a Bull in mating season to erase the memory of the loss then the edge might go to Belfort. The latter could appear more likely especially due to the home advantage however it is not so clear cut as that.

the other key variable in that will affect the outcome of this fight is Bisping's tactical awareness. In many of his previous encounters with legend of the sport he has not paid enough respect to the weapons they still possess.

Against Hendo he repeatedly circled towards Hendo's power hand. I don't think this was an unintentional mistake as Bisping is usually spot on tactically but instead a little bit of bravado which did not pay off for him.

Against Wand he did not respect the danger of Wands blitzkreig assault and very nearly got KO'd and was ultimately beaten by descision.

Hopefully Bisping will have learned from his past mistakes. Just because a guy is no longer considered in his prime (ignoring Hendo's recent resurgence), does not mean that he does not still pose a threat. Bisping needs to be careful of Belfort's early assault and then slowly start to wear him down with a high volume attack with particular focus on kicks to the legs and body, which will sap Belforts cardio. If he makes it out of the first round, which is not a given by any stretch of the imagination, then I fully expect him to get the nod on the judges scorecards

Bisping thrives off the hate of the crowd. Advantage Bisping.

Correction what's a shitle Tot? Is it made of potatoes?

motivator6258520.jpg

Agree with TS. If Bisping can beat Belfort in Brazil, he deserves a title shot.

And bisping did not beat hammil

Didn;t realize that. Maybe thats way the betting odds seemed like such a good deal to bet on Bisping. I still think I'm going to however.

Call him what you like, but Bisping's got a set of stones on him that few other MW contenders have.

Brazil is a hostile place to go and fight, especially when you're a big-mouthed 'bad guy' like Bisping!

Back