Just re-watched fight...how can anyone argue JJ won rounds 2 or 3!?!?

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Honest question: if you think JJ won rounds 2 or 3 then re-watch the fight and point out specifically what minutes/seconds that JJ outfought Reyes in these 2 rounds. I don't understand how ANY objective person watch that fight and think JJ won rounds 2 or 3!?? That is absolute nonsense.

Any reasonably objective judge should've scored that fight 48-47 Reyes
Reyes 1,2,3
JJ, 4, 5

If I was a fighter, I would never want to fight in Texas.

Your not wrong. Round 3 was closeish, but still a pretty clear 10-9 for Reyes in my book. Same can be said for round 2.

Not sure how you score any of the first three rounds for Jones, but im not 6'5 265 with 20 years of combat experience like the rest of Sherdog.

I only watched it once. Live. And I really wanted Reyes to win. But I saw Reyes winning 3-2

Honest question: if you think JJ won rounds 2 or 3 then re-watch the fight and point out specifically what minutes/seconds that JJ outfought Reyes in these 2 rounds. I don't understand how ANY objective person watch that fight and think JJ won rounds 2 or 3!?? That is absolute nonsense.

Any reasonably objective judge should've scored that fight 48-47 Reyes
Reyes 1,2,3
JJ, 4, 5

If I was a fighter, I would never want to fight in Texas.

AGGRESSION

OCTAGON CONTROL

Learn them.

AGGRESSION

OCTAGON CONTROL

Learn them.

In rounds 4 and 5, yes he absolutely had those listed above.

But in rounds 2 and 3?? Again, please point to the minutes/seconds where JJ had these....

So you think JJ won rounds 2 and 3?
Personally I had 2 a tossup round or a tie as no significant game changing strike happened, most of Reyes strikes were partially blocked or brilliantly dodged and Jones landed some crisp shots as well. He also dictated the pace the majority of the round. If the lasting impression you leave in the judges mind is you getting beat, while gassed in the last 2 rounds you get what you get. Reyes didnt do enough for a belt to exchange hands. ...and still

If the lasting impression you leave in the judges mind is you getting beat, while gassed in the last 2 rounds you get what you get.

You do you realize the obvious flaw in this officiating rationale, don't you?

You do you realize the obvious flaw in this officiating rationale, don't you?
I dont give a shit. I am telling you the reality of how judges tend to view fights with zero regard whether you view it as flawed or not. In ANY fighting sport leave a lasting impression of you getting gassed and beat by a dominant champ after not hurting him significantly all fight and it in all probability will happen again. This is reality not our opinion

JJ and Reyes legacy will be determined by what they do next. This fight will barely be a footnote in their career. \

This is just like the time Johnny Hendricks "beat" GSP. No one even remembers that night but everyone remembers GSP as a two-weight Champ and Johnny going 3-6 while failing to make weight 1/3 of the time.

What they do next is what matters.

Your not wrong. Round 3 was closeish, but still a pretty clear 10-9 for Reyes in my book. Same can be said for round 2.

Not sure how you score any of the first three rounds for Jones, but im not 6'5 265 with 20 years of combat experience like the rest of Sherdog.
I know I'm only 184cm tall, so im basically a manlet here. Therefore I know nothing and my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm just jealous of all the Jon Jones fans who are 6'5 Chads.

If you can’t argue either side in round three it’s because you are a casual. Both sides have clear arguments for winning the third.

Rd 3 wasnt even close. Reyes clearly landed most of the impactful strikes that round. It's a joke that people think Jones won that round. His take down got absolutely stuffed. That's not octagon control at all. Reyes landed a huge uppercut and body kick. He also landed several right hooks. It's crazy that people are scoring that round for Jones.

I dont see how Jones won that fight at all. But MMA is the new boxing. This is like Canelo/GGG

If you can’t argue either side in round three it’s because you are a casual. Both sides have clear arguments for winning the third.

What did Jones do to win round 3? All he did was pressure forward and land one good straight shot. Reyes landed more punches and the bigger punches. He also stuffed Jon's attempt at a TD and landed an elbow on the break.

Back