Just re-watched Fedor vs Arona

The poster @0hm talked a bunch of shit and quit when Nate choked Conor too, but no thread. Just ghosted away like the coward he was.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/diaz-by-mounted-triangle-armbar.3188337/#post-114190653

Some 0hm gems in this one. Talk about eating crow lmao

I remember that guy. It’s fine being completely wrong about how you think a fights going to go but it’s another to act like a know-it-all in every post. Dude seemed to be in love with his own posts

It's really easy to take Hendo's win over Fedor seriously. He beat the man unconscious.

Part of the problem many Fedor fans face is that they are so attached to his genuinely impressive unbeaten streak that they don't know how to handle his losses well.

Or its that we watched Dan Henderson fight in Pride and understand that he wouldn't have even looked in Fedors direction for a possible fight.

Fedor is my favorite fighter but objectively speaking, Arona was the better fighter and the better overall grappler that night. He didn't do shit other than holding down but he was "controlling" the fight after all.
I have no problem accepting this since I like Arona as well.

Arona would have won if Rings used the same rules as most of MMA uses today.

but it was a proper decision.

arguing that Fedor should have lost because today's rules are different than Rings in 1999 is akin to Rickson Gracie saying his loss to Ron Tripp doesn't count because he didn't understand the rules of that particular judo event.

and surely, TS, you aren't implying that Rickson's one documented loss doesn't count..... ;)

Last edited:
It was a close fight indeed. I think that

Isn't that part of being a fan though? Yes, it is WAY more difficult to handle watching a fighter I am a genuine fan of lose, that a fighter that I am less emotionally (sport-wise) tied to.

I was no good for a day anytime Randy got beat!

Sure, I understand why it happens. But it remains no less silly to say it's hard to take Hendo's win over Fedor seriously.

Or its that we watched Dan Henderson fight in Pride and understand that he wouldn't have even looked in Fedors direction for a possible fight.
Lol? But then when they did fight Fedor got TKOed by Hendo.

Fedor was a monster in his prime, one of the best if not the very best fighter of modern martial arts. But people give him too much a pass for his losses in Strikeforce.

Lol? But then when they did fight Fedor got TKOed by Hendo.

Fedor was a monster in his prime, one of the best if not the very best fighter of modern martial arts. But people give him too much a pass for his losses in Strikeforce.
It’s rather hilarious when cunts like you try and pretend to be objective.

What pass are you talking about? Fedor was clearly on the down side of his career and Hendo was TRT’d out of his mind. Does this just not register with you idiots?

agreed. and as others have pointed out, the same applies to many fans of other fighters as well.

if these fans gambled - if they had anything on the line whatsoever other than joyous shit forum shit talking - they would smarten up about things like how well a once dominant fighter fights in his later years.

and frankly, the uber-fans who have a hard time accepting losses late in a fav fighters career are, IMO, exponentially better than haters who take that loss late in a career as justification for saying that fighter was never any good in the first place. and we have all seen countless examples of both types of idiocies on these boards.

It’s rather hilarious when cunts like you try and pretend to be objective.

What pass are you talking about? Fedor was clearly on the down side of his career and Hendo was TRT’d out of his mind. Does this just not register with you idiots?

He was 33. Had he trained better and not become a head hunter he'd have been fine. No one expected him to remain unbeaten forever, but losing to Hendo was an embarrassment.

and frankly, the uber-fans who have a hard time accepting losses late in a fav fighters career are, IMO, exponentially better than haters who take that loss late in a career as justification for saying that fighter was never any good in the first place. and we have all seen countless examples of both types of idiocies on these boards.
No doubt about it. Fans who love too much are better than fans who denigrate everything.

He lost the fight. It's been like 15 years. Time to get over it.

Anyone who thinks Arona is even a fraction of Fedor is out of their mind. The dude got handled regularly.
Not everyone wants to talk about twitter feuds and Conor McGregor. Some of us actually like to discuss past fights. If you're an overly defensive Fedor fan then you'll have a great time here.

Its hard to take Hendo and Aronas wins over Fedor seriously...

In Pride, both those dudes would've been beaten bloody and unconscious by Fedor before the 10 min first round was over.
It’s hard to take seriously fanboys like you. I dislike Hendo but he handled Fedor and only fanboys can talk shit about that win.

It’s hard to take seriously fanboys like you. I dislike Hendo but he handled Fedor and only fanboys can talk shit about that win.
yep. big Fedor fan. i wanted the BF fight to go another round in case he could eke out a draw.

but he lost those 3 fights soundly and without controversy.

shrug. he lost his first Sambo fight in a decade just prior to that as well. fact is, in 2009 he wasn't 2005 Fedor anymore. either everyone else got better, he got worse, or some combination thereof.

It's really easy to take Hendo's win over Fedor seriously. He beat the man unconscious.

Are you sure you aren't confusing him with Matt Mitrione? Yes, Henderson landed a good punch, but Emelianenko was conscious and that stoppage was premature.

What's most impressive about Fedor's run is the pure consistency of it.
For the longest time, he did the same exact thing every fight, he outstruck and outgrappled his opponents, and he won.
When he lost, it was shocking, but it happened. When it kept happening, people tried to do damage control.
Fedor's streak is the stuff of legends. So is his career. No damage control needed.

There used to be a poster on here called Aronabeatfedor
Wonder what happened to them
@ARONAbeetFEDOR , your username is a lie, where you at?

This same ducking topic comes up every few weeks. Same thread title and everything.

Hard to speculate how a fight would have gone under a different rule set when they were competing according to the rules of their current organization. People need to let it go. Fedor-Arona in Pride is just a completely different fight, it's too bad it never happened.
THIS

Back