Just Re-watched Anderson vs Wiedman ***very new perspective***

These threads are getting old, he got his ass beat. The better fighter won, leave it at that...geez man.

Exactly right.

But Anderson fans will soon rush in to tell you that you are wrong. They will ignore why Anderson was clowning and 'asking' Chris to stand and that is because he knew he could not dictate where the fight took place and force Chris to stand.

He tasted Chris' power in his GnP and he had to fend off sub attempts and realized this was nothing like being under Chael for most of 5 rounds and eating 300 shots.

Every action Silva took was a direct reflection of what Weidman FORCED him to do.

I'm a longtime Anderson fan so its certainly not all of us making up excuses. Anderson himself came out and said the baiting was part of his strategy, and he plans on continuing it in his career. I'm comfortable taking his word for it.

Bottom line for me is that Anderson was about 99% ineffective the entire fight, he landed a handful of leg kicks and that was it. Weidman landed the better strikes everywhere, got the TD, and had a legitimate sub attempt. There was nothing about that fight that made me think Anderson would win a rematch or that it wouldnt end even faster in a rematch now that Weidman knows he has the ability to finish the fight basically anywhere.
This.

Weidman was winning the fight and is getting better, Anderson is going to be pushing 40 and coming off a K.O.....Anderson is going down again imo

Chris said himself that the half-hearted takedowns in the 2nd round were on purpose, to keep Anderson guessing as to what was coming.

Good point, Weidman also doesn't tend to fight hard for takedowns in bad spots, he sort of just sets it up well and gets a easy takedown or disengages and tries for one later.

Chris said himself that the half-hearted takedowns in the 2nd round were on purpose, to keep Anderson guessing as to what was coming.

Exactly. And if you read what the TS said, Weidman's strategy was not like Sonnen's "get Anderson down at any cost". Keep Anderson guessing, but conserve his energy for a five round fight.

If you don't watch the first round and pretend it didn't happen, it def. seems like silva was just clowning and weidman got lucky.

There is nothing new in your analysis or thoughts.

Exactly. And if you read what the TS said, Weidman's strategy was not like Sonnen's "get Anderson down at any cost". Keep Anderson guessing, but conserve his energy for a five round fight.

yeah and this is what threw me (and likely a lot of other people) off. weidman wasnt in a panic standing like chael was. i assumed if it was standing that weidman was in an emergency situation. after re watching the fight weidman was totally comfortable and not desperate at all for the TD. he wasnt getting hit with anything but a couple leg kicks and was punching anderson in the face. with all the taunting and the fight remaining on the feet i thought weidman was fucked. regardless of the KO you could see he was comfortable and actually expected to be on the feet. im sure weidman was looking for a TD opportunity but he wasnt forcing it

the rematch is still super interesting though. i dont see anderson making the same mistake and i still think the championship rounds favor him

There is nothing new in your analysis or thoughts.

theres nothing new about making and empty post just for the sake of being a dickhole on sherdog. you have a lot of posts so you either know this or sadly youre going for some sort of dickhole record

Back