Just re-watched Aldo-Mendes 2

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And I gotta tell you guys, Mendes was hitting him with some good shots on the feet and his striking is nowhere near as polished as MCGOAT's.

This could end up being very interesting if Aldo doesn't improve his standup defence. He can throw all the leg kicks he wants, but if MCGOAT hits him as often as Mendes did, Aldo's going to sleep.

I agree fully, if Conor can somehow deal with the leg kicks and continue to let his hands go I do believe the prophecy will be fulfilled.

Do you actually believe that it will be an easy task to put an 28 years old Aldo to sleep or that the path to do it is simple as putting Siver or any other top 10/15 out ?

Also Mendes was able to land because he feint pretty good alot of fake tds. Aldo will be fluid with his strike and the one that will be worried about being td, will be Conor.

Do you actually believe that it will be an easy task to put an 28 years old Aldo to sleep or that the path to do it is simple as putting Siver or any other top 10/15 out ?

Also Mendes was able to land because he feint pretty good alot of fake tds. Aldo will be fluid with his strike and the one that will be worried about being td, will be Conor.

Yes, I believe Connor will pick him apart. Connor is the bigger fighter, Aldo is use to being the bigger fighter, he wont know how to deal with the style, accuracy and precision of McGregors shots. I See a 4th Rnd TKO

No doubt connor can hurt anyone at 145 but mendes like mentioned is a quick guy and that hook of his is faster than as ny punch anyone throws in the division.

Aldo i believe has beautiful head movement whenb he uses it expect for him to work on neutralizing connors straight left.

Conor's gonna have to limp outta the ring. That legs gonna be a mess.

This is true. Aldo does not have to worry about the takedown. We may see one hell of a standup war here. I can't wait. Too bad its 5 months away.

I gotta admit, Connor brings the exact same fear of the TD as Mendes brings. Aldo will fight exactly the same as he did against Mendes who is the best wrestler at FW.

Aldo isn't worried about Conor taking him down, and especially after the slight success he had kicking Mendes, he's gonna unleash kicks from hell on him. Aldo isn't a good matchup for Conor at all.

I gotta admit, Connor brings the exact same fear of the TD as Mendes brings. Aldo will fight exactly the same as he did against Mendes who is the best wrestler at FW.

How? Are you implying that Aldo's skill negates both? Or are you implying that McGregor's td and ground game is level with Chads?

The sarcasm detector is off the scale for this one.

just like against Korean Zombie maybe ?

or against Hominick

or against Hominick

I guess he did outclassed Korean everywhere with a broken foot since the first round and Hominick we don`t need even talk about it. Dude got destroyed and basically his career ended there with his second head.

Mendes is fast and very explosive, plus Aldo had to worry about takedown attempts. True, Conor should be able to land his fair share of shots, but I don't think you can say "Oh Mendes did this, so Conor will do this" because Mendes is as athletic and explosive as Conor- if not more- and his wrestling adds another dimension. Aldo might have an easier time with Conor because he doesn't have to worry about defending takedowns, for all we know.

True, Also was also much more concern concerned with Mendes wrestling.

I'm ready for a new fw champ though. Hope he pulls it off.

I don't see the TD threat..but I do see a very challenging striker that is always looking to push the fight. I think Connor is going to try and dictate where the fight goes for the first couple of rounds and if he hasn't gotten a finish by round three he might be in trouble. He won't be able to keep that aggressive walk down approach eating leg kicks for more than two rounds (assuming the leg kicks are a factor and they probably will be).

or against Hominick

I think we will see this a lot.
Even though Aldo is talking a lot about beating the shit out of Conor, he still is under Dede Pederneiras, one of the best coach in the fighting game.
I do think he will bring a grappling oriented gameplan. Maybe put the takedown fear in Conor's mind just so Aldo can strike freely.
But it's not farfetched to think this fight with an Aldo win via submission.

Good thing Conor isn't nowhere near as fast as Chad.

I could see Conor going for take downs. His takedowns are underrated I believe.

Back