just protein vs MRP.

Klainis

White Belt
Reaction score
I know most people believe in the 6 meals a day concept. I have a question regarding that, is it fine to use a protein shake for a some of those meals like before and after lunch, or would I be better off using a meal replacement?

I currently eat like this.

meal 1: 2 eggs and 2 pieces wheat toast.
meal 2: protein shake or cereal + shake.
meal 3: MRP
meal 4: protein shake.
meal 5: whatever I make for dinner.
meal 6: protein shake.

During the day shakes are much easier for me than real food. I have tried in the past to make food for all my meals, but I end up usually getting fast food or some other shit for lunch so I decided a meal replacement was the best for that.

What kind of shake are you talking about? If it is just a MRP like Muscle Milk, it is not ideal. However, if you are mixing in fruits/veggies and oats (depending on your goals/timing), a shake can be a full meal.

The MRP I is from MetRX, so I assume it is similar to Muscle Milk. MET-Rx.com

I know it isn't ideal, but it is what I have for now.

As far as goals, at the moment I am just looking to lose fat while gaining muscle. After my current weightlifting routine is finished I am going to start on some of the Ross training stuff.

The MRP I is from MetRX, so I assume it is similar to Muscle Milk. MET-Rx.com

I know it isn't ideal, but it is what I have for now.

As far as goals, at the moment I am just looking to lose fat while gaining muscle. After my current weightlifting routine is finished I am going to start on some of the Ross training stuff.

That MRP is shit. There's zero healthy fats and it's only carb source is from maltodextrin, a very high GI carb. The partially hydrogenated oils don't make me feel very warm and fuzzy either.

If you're trying to gain mass..you're not eating enough. Read John Berardi's Massive Eating (and Massive Eating: Reloaded) series. That'll set you on the right path.

Back