Just please don’t tell me that Chris will be returning to fighting again...

If you were Chris would you retire on that one?

He'll fight at least one more to try and go out with pride

Oh for sure. But what causes one to become such a bitter hater of someone that you actually look forward to them getting brutalized in a fight? Like I said, I root for people to lose but don’t wish ill will on their health or look forward to it, haha.

Again you're taking him literally and at his word. He could be typing and laughing as he writes that and saving kittens from a burning building. Don't believe everything you read homie. Enjoy the fights tonight <JackieThumbsUp>

I would love to see even more even more brutal losses.
Lol how bad did he hurt you? Dude hasn't been relevant in years yet you're still here in every Weidman thread getting all in your feelings

He is just finished and done with and with his glass eye look and getting destroyed every time is just too hard to watch, or am I wrong on this one?
C'mon man, don't you want him to retire on a win? He's got to fight at least one more time.

I wasnt excited about Anderson returning either after his leg break.It actually wouldnt have been a bad idea to quit at that point looking at his record.i guess money

You are right that it’s gotten hard to watch . It’s lost it’s appeal. You think to much about his health now when he goes out instead of enjoying the fight. I think he can beat Izzy on a good night but the odds of him getting a good night again are very low. He will for sure fight again but hopefully the Ufc is ready to stop things the second he takes another loss

Lol how bad did he hurt you? Dude hasn't been relevant in years yet you're still here in every Weidman thread getting all in your feelings

Not as bad as a compound leg break that may result in amputation. I can assure you, not that bad.

The problem he is not fighting anymore, he getting thrashed is more like it
Nah you can still find him match ups that are suitable. He just needs to be removed from top 15 match making. He was coming off a win against Akhmedov before the leg break which is a fine enough win, Akhmedov was on a nice little streak at the time and got right back to winning after his fight with Weidman. Chris did have a number of losses there for a bit sure, but they were to all top quality guys. I think it's fine to give him a come back fight against someone unranked to see how it goes. I'm not going to deny chris has taken some major Damage. But if he wants to come back to at least fight and leave on his own terms I don't think thats too much to ask at this point given how many guys they have under contract. They can surely find someone suitable for him and have a feels good return match for him.

Again you're taking him literally and at his word. He could be typing and laughing as he writes that and saving kittens from a burning building. Don't believe everything you read homie. Enjoy the fights tonight <JackieThumbsUp>
Same to you man. The main n co-main should be bangers.

upload_2021-5-15_11-22-35.gif

Not as bad as a compound leg break that may result in amputation. I can assure you, not that bad.
I don't doubt that

Anyways good luck with your PTSD buddeh, hope it gets better

hmm, i wonder if he would snap his shin again if he kicked hard with it and gets it checked.Interesting.

Last edited:
He most likely will, or try at least when he really shouldn't as others have said

Fighters fight.

As with many extreme sports the potential (or occurrence) of injury, even if severe, doesn't stop most from returning to their passion.

What else can he do at this point? Brain's probably too scrambled for anything non-fighting.

Dude, there’s no way he’s going to stop fighting. What do you think he’s in such a rush for to get up n walking again? He’s trying to pull a Tony Ferguson-esque comeback.

while it’s easy for us to all sit back n criticize Chris, I think it goes to show a mindset that none of us will ever understand. The dude is a true champion. Getting obliterated with each passing fight but still believes in his heart he’s got what it takes to be champ again. He’s delusional but you gotta respect the dude at the same time.
Exactly! While that mentality will probably lead to cte, it’s what made him beat Anderson Silva and be world Champ!

If he can come back from the leg break and feeling good about it then there is no reason to retire. He can continue to fight. Weidmans damage he's taken is overrated on here. He's taken some TKOs but there are many fighters that have taken the same and worse and still fight well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back