Just pay Khabib. WTF.

He is. He fought for the belt and won it. Now that he has gotten his legacy as a UFC LW champ, it's time for him to fight for both legacy and money.

Conor and tony both have more legit belts

Really? Conor could probably earn close to 20 mill fighting Siver again, Khabib can only earn a few hundred K without Conor. So why does Khabib deserve 1/3 of the purse when he is nowhere near responsible for 1/3 of the ppv buys?

No he won't earn 20 mill fighting Siver. It would be financial lose for UFC.

I believe that at least 1/3 of PPV buyers will be rooting for Khabib. Russia is world biggest country & there is many people from other countries watching the fight because there is legit chance that Khabib beats Conor. Khabib isn't maybe that big draw on other fights, but he will bring many buys on this one. This is biggest fight on history & it's not even close. 10 million is more than reasonable. If Conor really wants that belt back he will meet in terms.

Do you honestly believe that clearly over 2/3 is rooting for Conor on this one?

We don’t even know what the UFC are offering. All we have are some tweets saying they *want* at least x amount. No mention that the UFC have offered them
A bad deal

FFS, this is not a huge fight for any other reason than its Conor returning. The casual fan base who will be the ones buying into the UFC hype & buying the show don't know who Khabib is. He's literally just the guy across the Octagon from Conor. Yeah he's a champion & undefeated, but he's not a PPV draw. All this talk about him having Russia behind him is cute but doesn't affect what matters to the UFC which is the American PPV sales.

The PPV would be just as big a success if Conor was facing Ragin' Al. In fact the only fighter that I think would legitimately boost PPV sales is the Nate Trilogy & clearly that's why he's facing Dustin to generate further interest in that fight.

Again, how many pay per views had Diaz sold before Conor?

People do understand its a business, its people like you who don't understand that you don't need a clear cut proof to figure out how much a fighter will contribute to PPV numbers. Khabib vs. Conor sells much more than any other option at LW division and lol if you really need numbers to prove that.

Really? Conor could probably earn close to 20 mill fighting Siver again, Khabib can only earn a few hundred K without Conor. So why does Khabib deserve 1/3 of the purse when he is nowhere near responsible for 1/3 of the ppv buys?

King Jofrey gets it. I didnt say khabib shouldnt be paid but everyone keeps saying he deserves more money than conor when thats demonstrably bullshit. Conor is bringing the money to that fight, not khabib. If Khabib beats Conor the next pay per view he is on wont sell worth a shit. Hes a boring but dominant fighter and casual fans dont care if he is the champ.
Quite simply Khabib does not sell.

No he won't earn 20 mill fighting Siver. It would be financial lose for UFC.

I believe that at least 1/3 of PPV buyers will be rooting for Khabib. Russia is world biggest country & there is many people from other countries watching the fight because there is legit chance that Khabib beats Conor. Khabib isn't maybe that big draw on other fights, but he will bring many buys on this one. This is biggest fight on history & it's not even close. 10 million is more than reasonable. If Conor really wants that belt back he will meet in terms.

Do you honestly believe that clearly over 2/3 is rooting for Conor on this one?

I reckon about 1/2 will be rooting for Khabib but thats down to Conor and it would be that way no matter who he fought so are more to do with Conor's polarizing personality than Khabib. The real question is how many extra buys Khabib brings to the table versus a replacement fighter? It is the best fight to make right now and has the most hype (mainly thanks to Conor putting in the hard graft by throwing the dolly at a bus to generate interest) but Conor could do good numbers with any other LW. A replacement fighter would not do 1/3 worse, maybe 10% worse numbers, Conors return will be huge no matter who he fights.

He deserves a lot of money, but i don't think 10 million guaranteed is the number. He should accept less with PPV points.

I have a feeling Ali is now pushing the money thing into his ear, he seems a lot more the materialistic type. I doubt khabib would care that much about 7 million or 10 million if it can put the fight in jeopardy.

Khabib said he will fight Conor for free when Khabib was the challenger for the belt.

Now that Khabib is the champion, he should get paid big money for a big fight.
Important distinction

McGregor didn't even make 7 mil. His purse was 3 mil.

Khabib is being deluded by the Floyd money. This isn't boxing. He's asking for too much. Point blank period.

But we don’t know what Conor McGregor is going to get now? We read a lot of rumors that for his fight with Eddie he actually got around 10 million when everything was added up. I personally think if his part of the deal is done it’s for probably around 20 million.

Khabib doesn't sell, Conor sells. He should take whatever he can get at this point. He's not worth 10M (not trashing on his abilities, just saying he doesn't sell like Conor does).

Conor isn't 20x valuable than Khabib in this fight. Khabib is champion & he deserves big money. His fanbase is large & world biggest country is behind him. If Conor wants his belt back it's his turn to meet in terms & fight with lower price. Khabib doesn't owe anything for Conor.
Khabib has not proven his draw. His belt is a farce and everyone knows it. Khabib should consider himself lucky to be fighting Conor, and anything above 1 mil is generousl

He deserves it. Give him 7 mil plus ppv points. Simple.
Why does he deserve it? His last PPV was like 300k buys, hell the UFC only made 9-10.75M from his last PPV buys (30-35.75 PER BUY)

No. Can't reward BSer. He said he will fight Conor for free, then give Conor his purse now he get to fight for free.

Don't write checks you can't cash.
He said he would fight conor for free just the 2 of them., not to make the ufc money. If the ufc is making bank, so should he.

Really annoying that money issues are now central to every single big fight UFC ever does or wants to do.

This money talk ruins it all for me .. kills off the excitement... when shit like this happens it's time to focus on other fighters ..

Lost respect for Khabib talking about money now

He deserves it. Give him 7 mil plus ppv points. Simple.
this is just one more excuse for this fight NOT to take place.
I don't know if they really want this fight, or if they are simply using the time between Khabib's fights to keep the narrative that Conor will be back.

You can see that each hint about it brings literally million of excited Conor fanboys back to light.
So they keep hinting. And everyone seems to be falling all over for it, despite the same hints and promises have been around for over a year now.

people need to wake up and understand that NOTHING is set until they sign the contract.

again, show me the source that says a new Champs get new contracts. Not that I don't believe you I just want to read up on it. Lots of fighters have progressive increases per fight -- I want to see new contract rules

Although I am not sure what is in their contracts, there must be something in there that allows them to negotiate in certain situations or this would not be brought up from time to time. I would be interested to see one myself.

Back