Just ONE top matchup in next 4 events

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was just looking at the 4 upcoming UFC cards and what absolute dogshit.

You got Jones vs Reyes, who most people aren’t even all that excited about, but ok at least we’re talking about the two top LHW’s at the moment.

After that you got pretty much nothing. I mean I’m sure someone will tell me that they’re looking forward to something like Paul Felder vs Dan Hooker, or Black Beast vs Latifi, but come on, these guys are decent fighters but those are not marquee matchups and none of those dudes are ever touching a title shot.

And don’t tell me Chefchenko vs Chooochooogian or whatever her name is, I’m tired of seeing accomplished martial artists being matched up with soccer moms who took some tae bo lessons. The women’s divisions need to just fuck off from the male events, 95% of mma fans don’t give a shit.

So in 4 events they throw in ONE single top tier matchup, and even that one most are expecting to be a blowout. Actually 6 events now, unless you consider Cerrone a top fighter.

Absolute dog shit, the UFC doesn’t even try anymore.
images

Last edited:
The entire schedule right now is trash. Not sure we needed that disgusting photo at the end to make that point.

so don't watch

or go cry about it on the internet

either way

Joe b gonnah get that strap finally!

The conor card was trash too, I agree.

To be fair, 3 of those events are fight nights. It’s not like they’re asking us to pay for them, collectively if you really wanna count a espn + sub it’s like $1 a card or something.

Of you care enough to watch every single fight I don’t understand how you don’t see value in some of the matchups

If you're only excited about one matchup over the next 4 events, it's time to reconsider your fandom and find a new hobby. MMA isn't your thing anymore.

UFC Rio Rancho
-Sanchez vs Pereira will be fun
-Nathaniel Wood is one of the best BW prospects and he's fighting Dodson to get into the rankings
-Kenney vs Dvalishvili will be a wild, high paced scrap
-Weaver's debut, the Native American who just looks to stand and bang
-Lando vs Yancy Medeiros could be fireworks
-Tim Means is on the card, he's as fun an action fighter as you'll find
-Miller and Holtzman is an underrated fight

UFC Auckland
-Felder vs Hooker is going to be violent
-Crute vs Oleksiejczuk is a matchup between two of the best LHW prospects
-Mustafaev vs Riddell is going to be a banger
-Matthews vs the always intriguing Viking Emil Meek should be good
-Tukhugov vs Aguilar should be a fun striking battle

UFC Norfolk
-Joey B finally getting that FLW strap
-Cutelaba vs Ankalaev is going to be wild
-Davis vs Chikadze will be good
-Allen vs Breese is a young high potential guy in Allen vs a Brit coming back from a long layoff; proven finisher
-Brady vs Naurdiev should be great. Brady is undefeated and shows a ton of potential going against a talented striker

There's alot of good fights to look forward to over the next month, if you're not a casual.

Spoken like a true casual. Bet you only tune in for McGregor and Ronda fights. Wait till you find out that Ronda isn't in the UFC anymore.

In a more serious tone, there are gonna be some EPIC fights upcoming events near months:
Adesanya vs Romero
Zhang vs Joanna
Vannata vs Medeiro
Dodson vs Wood
Cutelaba vs Ankalaev
Brunson vs Edmen
Griffin vs Evil Cowboy
Meershart vs Winn
Lee vs Oliveira
Maia vs Burns
Walker vs Krylov
Trinaldo vs Makdessi
Woodley vs Edwards
Ngannou vs Rozen
Assuncao vs Garbrandt

I mean honestly, compared to the fucking McGregor card, we have an amazing Q1 ahead of us!

What the hell! How are you not excited about Diego Sanchez vs Michael Periera?

If you're only excited about one matchup over the next 4 events, it's time to reconsider your fandom and find a new hobby. MMA isn't your thing anymore.

UFC Rio Rancho
-Sanchez vs Pereira will be fun
-Nathaniel Wood is one of the best BW prospects and he's fighting Dodson to get into the rankings
-Kenney vs Dvalishvili will be a wild, high paced scrap
-Weaver's debut, the Native American who just looks to stand and bang
-Lando vs Yancy Medeiros could be fireworks
-Tim Means is on the card, he's as fun an action fighter as you'll find
-Miller and Holtzman is an underrated fight

UFC Auckland
-Felder vs Hooker is going to be violent
-Crute vs Oleksiejczuk is a matchup between two of the best LHW prospects
-Mustafaev vs Riddell is going to be a banger
-Matthews vs the always intriguing Viking Emil Meek should be good
-Tukhugov vs Aguilar should be a fun striking battle

UFC Norfolk
-Joey B finally getting that FLW strap
-Cutelaba vs Ankalaev is going to be wild
-Davis vs Chikadze will be good
-Allen vs Breese is a young high potential guy in Allen vs a Brit coming back from a long layoff; proven finisher
-Brady vs Naurdiev should be great. Brady is undefeated and shows a ton of potential going against a talented striker

There's alot of good fights to look forward to over the next month, if you're not a casual.

^ this is a true fight fan

yeah waiting for the stretch of Woodley/Edwards, Ngannou/Jarzinho and Khabib/Tony

You got Jones vs Reyes, who most people aren’t even all that excited about, but ok at least we’re talking about the two top LHW’s at the moment.

After that you got pretty much nothing. I mean I’m sure someone will tell me that they’re looking forward to something like Paul Felder vs Dan Hooker, or Black Beast vs Latifi, but come on, these guys are decent fighters but those are not marquee matchups and none of those dudes are ever touching a title shot.

And don’t tell me Chefchenko vs Chooochooogian or whatever her name is, I’m tired of seeing accomplished martial artists being matched up with soccer moms who took some tae bo lessons. The women’s divisions need to just fuck off from the male events, 95% of mma fans don’t give a shit.

So in 4 events they throw in ONE single top tier matchup, and even that one most are expecting to be a blowout. Actually 6 events now, unless you consider Cerrone a top fighter.

images
You can watch boxing little sometimes, Wilder vs Fury 22.2.20. is good one

What do you expect when the next events after the PPV are 3 fight nights? When have they ever put big headliners on fight night events? At least the one fight night had a title fight, right?

UFC fight nights are like WWE house shows. You don’t get the biggest names, they are just local shows to make some extra income and keep people interested in the product between the larger shows.

The ppvs are weak. Lol bunch of noobs telling us we aren't fans cause we call out crap cards.

images
actually 2, Sanchez vs Pereira wl also be fun. but yeah, the cards have the same value as ONE's or Bellator's

The conor card was trash too, I agree.

On paper sure, but if you actually watched it there were some fantastic fights and finishes the entire night.

The ppvs are weak. Lol bunch of noobs telling us we aren't fans cause we call out crap cards.

I'm not saying you're not a fan. I'm saying you don't actually watch the fights.;)

Yes, that should be an excellent fight, but in my view he'd have to be taking it from Cejudo to negate the OP's point.
maybe after he wins it he will take triple cringe bw strap aswell