Just me or little early stoppage?

I thought it was too early and I was cheering for Vitor.

A few more seconds would have been fine. He either would have defended himself, or started drooling.

Vitor kept fighting.. He thought it was early lol

Nah, Vitor was pouncing on him and Bisping wasn't moving much. and those weren't small shots.

yeah i agree the elbow then the last two punches had bisping stunned, he was looking hurt, tko ofr sure. kind of a bummer, not because i wanted vitor to lose, but because it would have been a new different challenger to silva

I thought the stoppage was earlier too, Bisping was recovering and about to scramble

Lol not even close. Bisping was in the fetal position with his back to Vitor. Only reason it seems early is because Miragliotta was being a retard and touched Vitor, got off, then stopped it for real 2 seconds later.

This. Fetal position FTW.

Let me help you, son.

No.

Bisping put both hands on his head and covered into a ball..... when refs see that, they're going to stop the fight.

But thanks for putting this up, because someone was going to no matter what.

man that horrible ref MIRAGLIOTTA keeps messing up, bisping was NOT out, he was conscious and intelligently defending himself. what a waste of a good fight

1) You don't have to be out for the ref to stop the fight, that's why it was a TKO.

2) Bisping was not intelligently defending himself.

Early stoppage. After watching the replay it's pretty clear that only one of Vitor's hammerfists connected. Fight would probably have ended a few seconds later anyways but still.

Bottom line on this discussion:

Bisping fans wanted him to magically recover from the head kick and continue. So early stoppage.

Vitor fans wanted Bispings head magically reshaped by Vitors fists after the fetal position cover up. So early stoppage.

Yeah, his brain was about to scramble.

Solid stoppage IMO, Bisping didn't know his ass's whereabouts at that moment.

The guy went prone.

He didn't try to get his guard back, scramble, or really do anything other than sit there and take it. You can't get fantastically dropped like a pile of bricks from a head kick, and shrimp up into a ball on the floor while Vitor Belfort is perfectly positioned over you raining down hell.

Thats called a stoppage.

Anyone who things Belfort was about to do anything but risk further brain damage is delusional. He's in the back somewhere right now vomiting blood.

how about a little on the late side, wasn't doing anything to intelligently defend himself

pretty upset at the stoppage. i was hoping to get another bisping shoop...but as far as fighter safety i'd say bisping got his bell rung and he wasn't going to recover at all.

weird that vitor called out jones though. probably the last person i thought he'd call out

I think Dan did a good job on this one. Bisping was done. And as Dan was stepping in, Vitor still landed another punch that Bisping didn't defend at all.

yeah the jones call out was odd. in no way does that make sense...but then again neither does Jones current match up either...

pretty upset at the stoppage. i was hoping to get another bisping shoop...but as far as fighter safety i'd say bisping got his bell rung and he wasn't going to recover at all.

weird that vitor called out jones though. probably the last person i thought he'd call out

Yep fighter safety first.

While it's weird that he called out JBJ look at it from his stand point.

v. AS - Booted with a game ending front snap to the face in the first round.

v. JBJ - Almost finished him in the first, started gassin and wasn't finished till the 4th.

TBH I think he'd lose again but I know he's scared as shit to fight Anderson again.

I don't think Bisping would have came back or anything, but I would have liked to see Belfort landing some more flush punches and elbows.

Yeah early if you mean taking three shots then just covering up waiting for the ref

I really despise mma fans that call stoppages "early," not because they think the other guy actually may come back and win, but because they want to see a guy knocked out and drooling on himself.

Its a fact.that knockouts have life long health consequences, and abref should be commendes when he saves a helpless fighter from that fate.

It was a good stoppage, Mike was only going to take more damage.

The Russian guy vs the Brazilian guy though, that should be trailed for attempted murder or something.

Back