Just me or is everyone an alcoholic?

Anyone who like ´´oh i have glass or two or 3 or 4 a day but not alcoholic´´´ wtf is that?

That's what's called lying to oneself. It boggles my mind how some people claim that's not a drinking problem, and when I ask them if they can go two days without it, they respond with something like "I don't have to prove anything to anyone". You don't have to be a jobless bum pissing your pants to be an alcoholic.

Same with weed or anything else. I don't have an issue with it but can't help but roll my eyes when people smoke 3 times a day, claim they don't have a problem yet can't go a single day without it, and their excuse is "at least it's not alcohol".

I feel alcohol is even more of a problem because it's so socially acceptable. When you're in college and drinking every day it's "cool", but when you're 30 and drinking every day it's alcoholism.

I would distinguish between liking an alcoholic drink vs liking alcohol. I love beer, possibly a GnT or a tot of Baileys. But generally if there's no beer I'm not drinking. If given the choice between wine vs nothing, I'll often take the nothing. That tells the me motivating factor isn't alcohol itself.

I just read drinking even moderate to light amounts will increase you cancer risk significantly so now I have to figure out how to cut way back.

Sucks because I feel like drinking every day.

I don't think thats accurate.

http://time.com/5166514/moderate-drinking-live-longer-study/

I think it's like most things in life (except tobacco and methamphetamine), in moderation and you'll be ok.

I feel alcohol is even more of a problem because it's so socially acceptable. When you're in college and drinking every day it's "cool", but when you're 30 and drinking every day it's alcoholism.

Many people drink every day. Or eat chocolate every day. Or have a morning coffee. Its hardly satisfies the criterion for addiction.

Many people drink every day. Or eat chocolate every day. Or have a morning coffee. Its hardly satisfies the criterion for addiction.
If you can't go a day without it it's an addiction.

Anyone who like ´´oh i have glass or two or 3 or 4 a day but not alcoholic´´´ wtf is that?

Everyone i know to likes to get beers or drinks more than 2x a week usually like 3 or 2x weekdays in addition to weekend.

It fine but got me thinking most people seem to need alcohol to socialize and they look at you weird if you say you dont drink much let alone you not drinking much for health or bodybuilding reasons.

OP, I agree.

I can only speak of where I live, but it seems like in America people are repressed.

They are stressed from work, they do not like discussing feelings in a healthy way, they are too concerned with social taboos and seeming "awkward" etc.

Therefore, people need to drink b/c we're scared to: socialize, show our true selves without feeling awkward, find a way to cope with life stresses.

For some people it is borderline alcoholism, but it's okay because it's "social drinking". People use games (like beer pong) and sporting events to justify drinking alcohol.

Me personally, I like a nice glass of wine once or twice a week. It just makes me feel relaxed, in the way that sitting in a hot-tub does.

For women: 7 or more drinks weekly and you're no longer considered low risk.
For men: 14 or more drinks weekly

"Drinks" are considered to be: 1oz liquor, 12oz of beer, a glass of wine.

I have probably 30-40 beers in a week/wknd.

I have a 1 - 3 drams of scotch every night. Not enough to get drunk, but enough to catch a buzz. Helps me unwind after work and get go to bed.

Ann: “How many drinks of alcohol do you consume a week?
Ron: “One”
Ann: “That’s it? One drink?
Ron: “One shelf.”

I don't drink a lot but when I do I drink a lot

I turn I to an alcoholic during the NFL season..

It's hard not to drink on Mon, Thurs, some Sat and Sundays..

I had to do addiction counseling when I get arrested for public intoxication when I was a teenager.

Shit was weird. Apparently, they consider you an alcoholic if you have more than one drink a day, but you could be considered an alcoholic if you only have one drink a day if you "feel" like you "need" that one drink.

But you could also be considered an alcoholic if you binge drink once a week. The guy asked me how often I drank, and I said once or twice a week. Then he asked me how many drinks that consisted of, and when I said around 8, maybe more, he told me I was an alcoholic.

Like dude, I was 19. I was partying on weekends like everyone my age.

He would super-judge me for how much I drink now.
Besides the people that are physically addicted to it what I've gotten out of rehab is alcoholism isn't really about how much or how often you drink it's more why you feel you need to drink. If it's to unwind with a beer or two after a long hard days work have at it. Just don't let it control your life.

Its the socially acceptable addiction. I drink too much, recently I just decided to just stop drinking so much. Basically stopped during the week and only drank on Saturday, so went from drinking pretty much every night to one night a week. I wish I could say I feel great, but honestly im tired as hell.
I'm a caffeine tweaker now

Last edited:
In my country having a drinking problem just means you're a cunt when you're drunk.

If you're not a cunt when you're drunk there's no real problem is there?

I do not have a drinking problem, I am not an alcoholic.
tumblr_os9k7yn8tS1tpri36o1_500.gif

Lets put it this way, I was getting fat from drinking too much beer. Instead of cutting back on the beer, I started working out instead. Now my arms and chest are buff but I still have a little gut. The six pack is hidden behind the 12 pack.

Id rather enjoy myself then be healthy I guess.

It's on youtube? Wow, it must be true. Universally true!!
Do you think the video is bs? Have you seen it? Is the 109 year old lying about his age or drinking habits? Please provide an answer as this response from you is quite sarcastic. I never said nor implied that every youtube video should be considered real.

I was before I discovered drugs

I don't know how people can drink all the time. Getting buzzed once in a while is fun but my body feels like ass outside of the buzz. I feel weak, dehydrated and tired when I'm not buzzing. Just a general all around blah feeling.

Do you think the video is bs? Have you seen it? Is the 109 year old lying about his age or drinking habits? Please provide an answer as this response from you is quite sarcastic. I never said nor implied that every youtube video should be considered real.

Exactly. It could be any of those things, including he is terminally ill riddled with cancer and COPD. It's possible that it's absolutely true but he has 1 in 10,000,000 genetics and it's still of no use in as a general guidance for health.

What makes you think he is telling the truth? Maybe he's old and senile and doesn't know what is true.

Back