Just make Rousey vs Cyborg at 135, doesn't matter if she doesn't make weight...

I get it perfectly, if you're a legend* then forge your legacy or stop talking. They can't make a catch-weight because they'd have to create a division? Well here's the work around.

*And what a legend, the greatest in the world! All females included.

She's the most bogus GOAT-OAT, for sure. People love her, or her hype, or ROgan and Dana King's tears and words, or whatever - you can't change them.

lol You can't reasonably expect any fighter to willingly handicap themselves for the sake of a 'forged legacy' according to third-party perception.

That'd be like me saying Jones should fight Cain at 205....but with the exception that Cain doesn't have to actually bother making that weight.

It's nonsensical.

lol You can't reasonably expect any fighter to willingly handicap themselves for the sake of a 'forged legacy' according to third-party perception.

That'd be like me saying Jones should fight Cain at 205....but with the exception that Cain doesn't have to actually bother making that weight.

It's nonsensical.

How is it nonsensical that a fighter fight heavier competition, when he CLAIMS HIMSELF that he's the greatest and can beat this heavier competition? To me this situation is almost like Mayweather ducking Pacquiao (because of his talent of course...it's not the quintessential example either).

It's nonsensical.

ONly if Jones is saying that he can definitely beat Cain, plus everyone else ever. Jones, arrogant as he is, will fight Cain at heavy or open weight if he wants to prove he's better.

Like every other male fighter, ever - fight up to the big boys. GSP didn't, and admitted that Anderson may have been too big for him. He didn't say, "I can beat Anderson, Vladimir Klitschko in a boxing match, and Karelin in a wrestling match", and then hide behind excuses. He just admitted that it might be too much for him.

This is a pretty silly double standard, people should see this from Ronda's point of view.

I get that WMMA is not very developed skill-wise, and it might stay that way for a long time, but she's still a champion, and still a fighter who enters a cage with only 3 ways out, knock out, submission or 25 minutes of fighting.

She has a ton to lose, rather you agree with it or not she's been promoted well enough and taken advantage of her opportunities well enough to be a highly paid, and highly respected athlete. She shouldn't just have to fight a person who is (relative to WMMA, and in general) dangerous, out weighs her and isn't even in the UFC just because some hardcore fans think she could.

You can argue that she should want to test herself, but how many champions in any division have moved up in weight class to fight a high risk low reward fighter? BJ Penn? so one fighter in UFC history. What about Pride? Wand and Henerson and that's it, 2 people in Pride History

The UFC has a lot to lose too, they only win if Cyborg makes 135 and losses, If Cyborg makes 135 and wins they lose a huge face of the UFC's marketability, because Cyborg isn't as marketable. If they do it at Catch weight they lose Ronda's marketability and don't even have a new dominate champion. If they do it at catch weight and Ronda wins, well they get a small spike in 1 events buys but honestly a lot of people don't even know who Cyborg is.

The way I see it, if Cyborg wants to be champion, she needs to make the weight in that division. She shouldn't get a free pass to get a huge payday fighting a smaller champion- and then not even be able to defend it. and it's unfair of Ronda to just fight a lose/lose match up. Cyborg deserves a chance - only if she can make weight

How is it nonsensical that a fighter fight heavier competition, when he CLAIMS HIMSELF that he's the greatest and can beat this heavier competition?

because your opening post is centered on the fight being made at 135.

You want a catch-weight. Catch-weights are bridges between weight classes. 145 doesn't exist in the UFC, thus there is nothing to bridge(according to Dana).

So your get-around is to contract the fight at 135(as Ronda has been pushing for) but then force her to fight someone anywhere from 15-40 pounds heavier than her come fight night.

That is absolutely nonsensical, and your point would be better made if you were pushing for the fight to be contracted as a catch-weight bout(like most people have been pushing for) with cyborg obligated to actually make weight.

This is a pretty silly double standard, people should see this from Ronda's point of view.

I get that WMMA is not very developed skill-wise, and it might stay that way for a long time, but she's still a champion, and still a fighter who enters a cage with only 3 ways out, knock out, submission or 25 minutes of fighting.

She has a ton to lose, rather you agree with it or not she's been promoted well enough and taken advantage of her opportunities well enough to be a highly paid, and highly respected athlete. She shouldn't just have to fight a person who is (relative to WMMA, and in general) dangerous, out weighs her and isn't even in the UFC just because some hardcore fans think she could.

You can argue that she should want to test herself, but how many champions in any division have moved up in weight class to fight a high risk low reward fighter? BJ Penn? so one fighter in UFC history. What about Pride? Wand and Henerson and that's it, 2 people in Pride History

The UFC has a lot to lose too, they only win if Cyborg makes 135 and losses, If Cyborg makes 135 and wins they lose a huge face of the UFC's marketability, because Cyborg isn't as marketable. If they do it at Catch weight they lose Ronda's marketability and don't even have a new dominate champion. If they do it at catch weight and Ronda wins, well they get a small spike in 1 events buys but honestly a lot of people don't even know who Cyborg is.

The way I see it, if Cyborg wants to be champion, she needs to make the weight in that division. She shouldn't get a free pass to get a huge payday fighting a smaller champion- and then not even be able to defend it. and it's unfair of Ronda to just fight a lose/lose match up. Cyborg deserves a chance - only if she can make weight

So basically the sport-business is the reason the sport is dying? It's the reason a once in a life time athlete, baddest woman on the planet, cannot forge her legacy? Yep, sport-business is disgusting, but let's not forget the fight probably doesn't happen because perhaps Ronda doesn't believe all the things she say.

If Cyborg took the fight at 135-lbs she would have to sign a contract guaranteeing she makes weight or else there is some form of penalty. Greater than the normal fine. But I don't see that happening. In fact I don't see this fight happening any time soon If even at all. With your solution I could very well see Ronda flat out refusing the fight the day of the weigh in.

So basically the sport-business is the reason the sport is dying? It's the reason a once in a life time athlete, baddest woman on the planet, cannot forge her legacy? Yep, sport-business is disgusting, but let's not forget the fight probably doesn't happen because perhaps Ronda doesn't believe all the things she say.

Jon Jones pretty much cleared out LHW, except maybe Rumble and a rematch with Gus.

Very few people called for him to fight Cain, and even if he did it's still almost a win-win, if he lost... well so what. if he won, he's on the short list for goat.

But if Ronda loses, to anybody, she's no longer what people expect her to be. Add to that the fact Cyborg isn't even a draw.

How many years did it take for Many to fight Floyd after people started calling for it? like 4 or 5? And even then Many only did it after losing twice, and Mayweather was the bigger draw, so he had a ton more to gain and only slightly less to lose.

I'd like to see them fight too, but let's be fair

...it will be an exhibition match-up, but at least the fight would happen, the fight would be at 135 so even if Cyborg won they wouldn't need to create a new category. This seems like the solution, other than Ronda finally agreeing the catch-weight (instead of pretending she can beat any men) or instead of seeing Ronda leave the UFC.

The UFC and Ronda seem to believe she cannot lose anyway, why duck this solution?

So your plan is to let Cyborg not care about weight and show up 20 lbs heavier than Ronda, but have them fight anyway.

I see Jon's still been feeding you well, even after the accident.

I think any respectable mma fans wants this fight, but Rondas fangirls dont want it to happen.

They care more about the aura of Ronda rather that the actuality of Ronda.

I think Ronda would win, but she get's zero credit for being the best of her era until she proves it.

I think any respectable mma fans wants this fight, but Rondas fangirls dont want it to happen.

I think Ronda would win, but she get's zero credit for being the best of her era until she proves it.

Ronda's obvious fear is the only thing keeping me from being confident that she'd beat Cyborg.

Ronda's obvious fear is the only thing keeping me from being confident that she'd beat Cyborg.

No, Cyborg unwilling to even attempt to meet the reasonable conditions that EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE is what keeping this fight from happening. It'd be different if she actually tried to get down to 135, but she hasn't, she just keeps on putting more mass while screaming that she can't make weight

She was 160lbs when asking to be released from UFC, she is 175lbs now

Explain this or STFU

No, we all want this fight to happen, but you are just slow

The only one who doesn't want to make this fight happen is Cyborg, as she has showed by continuously putting on weight while knowing full well that the fight won't happen outside of 135

She is not even trying, in fact she is making sure that the fight DOESNT happen

Proves it beating Cyborg? What has Cyborg done to be considered the best of her era?

Back