Just make Rousey vs Cyborg at 135, doesn't matter if she doesn't make weight...

It's hilarious cause the same people bitching that Ronda isn't facing the best possible opponent then go on to say who cares if her opponent can't even make weight.

People want wmma more like men's mma but no one suggest having a men's champ fight a fighter who can't make weight

We constantly want great fighters to go up a weightclass to prove their greatness.

WMMA has two weightclasses, the top of which is probably the female version of middleweight. Literally half the population can't even play, if they wanted to.

Its dufferunt.

Yeah I understand that you want the fight to happen, but you aren't really explaining how your scenario is different from the one in reality wherein Cyborg has repeatedly been offered the fight at 135 and has repeatedly done nothing with it.

The onus is on Cyborg....you know? Given that they keep offering her the fight and all.

They offer her the fight under specific conditions, might be why. If they were explicit and direct about this idea, then they could negotiate things differently. Also, Ronda could refuse to fight if it was not already agreed on. In such context it's not JUST on Cyborg's account.

Hyperbole much?

Not at all. Cyborg nearly killed WMMA by testing positive and getting stripped of her title right after dethroning WMMA biggest star at the time.

How much do you expect Rousey to bulk up? Cyborg is walking around at 175. Rousey walks around at 150-155. And what's to stop Cyborg from bulking up even more?

And if they both miss weight, what's the point of that? And there's a difference between facing a legitimate challenge, and facing someone who you believe has benefited from cheating.

Sure, Cyborg has tested clean as of late, but how did she get those muscles in the first place? It's just as if not more plausible that she got them with the benefit of steroids and is holding onto that mass as she got them legitimately and would have gotten them without steroids anyway.

There really is no point to this discussion.

The UFC has all the leverage. They have the most at risk. They're bringing the most money to the table. They have the moral high ground (Rousey has never tested positive for steroids). And Cyborg and her camp have acknowledged that they can make the weight as well as signed a contract saying that she'll make the weight.

You're asking for Rousey and the UFC to make concessions over terms that Cyborg has already acknowledged are doable and reasonable. So why exactly are you fighting so hard to change those terms when they're obviously acceptable to Cyborg and her camp?

Or is it just so you can realize some fantasy of a roided out giant Cyborg in a freakshow fight?

Alright then. I could've answered and repeat myself, but oh well.

Yeah when she can call out Gina instead.

You are acting like Ronda came out of the blue and asked for a Gina fight, and wasn't just responding to a question in an interview

They offer her the fight under specific conditions, might be why. If they were explicit and direct about this idea, then they could negotiate things differently. Also, Ronda could refuse to fight if it was not already agreed on. In such context it's not JUST on Cyborg's account.

Right. And, again, unless I'm missing something here, the specific conditions are effectively "agree to 135 to lure Ronda in, then intentionally miss weight to force Ronda to agree to the catch-weight."

So putting aside the ethics of this, the onus is still on Cyborg. Literally all she has to do, is make 135 one time, against someone that isn't Ronda, and then she can fully implement your clever ruse.

Right. And, again, unless I'm missing something here, the specific conditions are effectively "agree to 135 to lure Ronda in, then intentionally miss weight to force Ronda to agree to the catch-weight."

So putting aside the ethics of this, the onus is still on Cyborg. Literally all she has to do, is make 135 one time, against someone that isn't Ronda, and then she can fully implement your clever ruse.

Where is the lure when Ronda would know about it too? I don't get it.

Yep.
It really isn't as complicated as the criers make it.

The only ones crying are Cyborg and the people pretending to be fans of hers. In no other division do you see mma fans, stupid as many of them are, constantly whining that the champ should fight a contender in a higher weight class because the contender can't make weight. It is like there is a short bus and then an even shorter bus and you guys are on that one! Fighter B can't make weight so we should blame Fighter A. People can't make this shit up.

We constantly want great fighters to go up a weightclass to prove their greatness.

WMMA has two weightclasses, the top of which is probably the female version of middleweight. Literally half the population can't even play, if they wanted to.

Its dufferunt.

13 girls fight at 145... thats not half of the population

Where is the lure when Ronda would know about it too? I don't get it.

lol

Dude. Ronda CLEARLY will not budge on 135 being the agreed weight, I'm not sure where were are disconnecting here.

The only ones crying are Cyborg and the people pretending to be fans of hers. In no other division do you see mma fans, stupid as many of them are, constantly whining that the champ should fight a contender in a higher weight class because the contender can't make weight. It is like there is a short bus and then an even shorter bus and you guys are on that one! Fighter B can't make weight so we should blame Fighter A. People can't make this shit up.

There aren't enough divisions. If you removed heavyweight, and everyone just totally ignored Werdum, Velasquez, JDS, etc - it would be fucking ridiculous. But that's what's happened, and you think its ridiculous for us to want someone who claims to be the best to fight a relevant competitor.

If Ronda simply said, "I'm the best at 135", this wouldn't be an issue of any kind. Cuz she is.

lol

Dude. Ronda CLEARLY will not budge on 135 being the agreed weight, I'm not sure where were are disconnecting here.

Fedor-The-Last-Emperor.jpg

worth a thousand words

Since the UFC have been consistent in their message to Cyborg the last 2 years, perhaps the drug cheat could have tried cutting weight to maybe 140 during those two years to see if it was possible before trying for 135 instead of having her doctor say she could die cutting to 135, a statement that the clueless Cyborg army believed as fact. Instead Cyborg has trolled Ronda, saying Ronda has been hiding, when Cyborg wanted this fight so much she went to Invicta and still hasn't tried cutting below 144.6 lbs. laughable.

Cyborg can either cut to 135, or continue making relative peanuts. Her call.....

It's not about asking a champion to fight a heavier fighter, it's asking someone who pretends to be the greatest female MMA fighter in the world to forge her legacy. I'm not blaming Ronda for not picking the fight, I'm blaming Ronda for not acting according to her pretentious claims. It's funny that you didn't get that.

I agree.

None of the words really clarify your point though.

Yep, he isn;t getting it.

Bonesy - Ronda ain't gonna fight Cyborg unless its 135 and everyone says she has to. We all know this. Some of us put it on Cyborg, some of us put it on Rousey.

But we all know - this ain't happening unless it can't be avoided (135), and then, personally, I think Rousey will go to WWE.

Yep, he isn;t getting it.

Bonesy - Ronda ain't gonna fight Cyborg unless its 135 and everyone says she has to. We all know this. Some of us put it on Cyborg, some of us put it on Rousey.

But we all know - this ain't happening unless it can't be avoided (135), and then, personally, I think Rousey will go to WWE.

I get it perfectly, if you're a legend* then forge your legacy or stop talking. They can't make a catch-weight because they'd have to create a division? Well here's the work around.

*And what a legend, the greatest in the world! All females included.

Back