Just learned there are more Stars than grains of salt in the Universe

I thought this was cool:

How many atoms are there in the world?

There are about 1.33*10^50 atoms in the world. If you want to write it with all the zeros it would be:

133,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :eek:

Link: https://education.jlab.org/qa/mathatom_05.html

Obviously we need to create more salt. Cant have stars outnumbering grains of salt

So much of those grains are posting on Sherdog.

I don't think Luke Rockhold has been factored into the calculations.

We will build more salt and make the stars pay for it

You seem to be new to this universe thing so consider this.

Our galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy has an estimated 400 billion stars, that's 400,000,000,000. That doesn't include all the planets that rotate around each individual star. The Milky Way Galaxy is 150,000 light years wide. 1 light year is app. 6 trillion miles. That makes the width of the Milky Way galaxy 150,000 X 6,000,000,000,000 miles.

Now with all that said, understand that the Milky Way galaxy is only 1 of 100 billion (100,000,000,000) galaxies in the observable universe. I say observable because we can't even see it all. We build bigger telescopes and better technology and all we see is thousands of more galaxies, each containing billions of stars. In fact, the universe is so big, and traveling so fast, we will never be able to see to its edge no matter how advanced our technology becomes because the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light and the light from really distant galaxies can never reach us. Thus, observable universe.

how can grains of salt be real if our eyes arent even real?

Science has ascertained that there may be as many as 24 stars in the cosmos.

Shit's big we get it.

Fuck all of you guys, I choked on my food reading the first page

tumblr_nyvzjt9hvz1rkvl19o1_400.gif

And just think, up until the early 20th century we weren't even aware other galaxies existed. And now here we sit, realizing that we will never possibly know the true extent of the cosmos.

Possible all thise stars galaxies and galaxies away are alteady dead.

Possibke thebuniversal expansion has ended and is now imploding. Toobfar away. Cannot judge. Only theorize...

Back