Just how hard do Nunes hit? Can many shots can Ronda take?

Who's ever put hands on Miesha like this?..

gty_545756952_83245782.jpg

Asking for some opinions...

If Ronda is in better shape than 193, will she be able to take shots without chasing or panicking especially against the Nunes? The way Nunes went through Miesha (who's known to be durable) if she can do that to Miesha, can she go through Ronda the same?

Learn proper English lol

She KOed Julia Budd in a few seconds, so if she starts landing clean, uh oh.

Yeah, Nunes hits amazingly hard for a woman. She beats on women like she is their pimp and they tried to skim. Not good at all.

Ronda has a chin man. Holly was hitting her hard in that 1st round and she ate it. Another thing to think about is the gas tank. If Nunes can't KO Ronda in the first round how will the rest of the fight play out?

Ronda has a chin man. Holly was hitting her hard in that 1st round and she ate it. Another thing to think about is the gas tank. If Nunes can't KO Ronda in the first round how will the rest of the fight play out?

Holly doesn't hit hard

Very hard... for 1 round

She zombied Miesha and took her soul, after having her out on the feet tapped her with an RNC that wasn't sunk because Miehsa was so out of it from the punches she didn't know what was going on. Miesha retired 1 fight later

vs Cat, she beat her up bad in the 1st then gassed and got finished later. But Cat had a bad concussion that gave her headaches, depression, hormonal imbalance, uncontrollable weight gain for a long time after. A lot of people thought Cat was acting weird last year or said she seemed brain damaged e.g. the Ronda fight - her 'gameplan' and her interview afterwards. Well, she was, and that was Nunes' work

I sincerely doubt Cat has brain damage from one fight in which she wasn't even knocked out. I realize CTE is brought on from a multitude of factors, least of all the fight itself, but I find it hard to believe that Zingano exhibited signs of brain damage based solely on a fight she won.

Very hard... for 1 round

She zombied Miesha and took her soul, after having her out on the feet tapped her with an RNC that wasn't sunk because Miehsa was so out of it from the punches she didn't know what was going on. Miesha retired 1 fight later

vs Cat, she beat her up bad in the 1st then gassed and got finished later. But Cat had a bad concussion that gave her headaches, depression, hormonal imbalance, uncontrollable weight gain for a long time after. A lot of people thought Cat was acting weird last year or said she seemed brain damaged e.g. the Ronda fight - her 'gameplan' and her interview afterwards. Well, she was, and that was Nunes' work
Asking for some opinions...

If Ronda is in better shape than 193, will she be able to take shots without chasing or panicking especially against the Nunes? The way Nunes went through Miesha (who's known to be durable) if she can do that to Miesha, can she go through Ronda the same?
Meisha is known to be durable because she has hardly any skills, she has been finished way more than most girls have. It took a kick from Holly Holm who has legs like tree trunks to KO ronda, I don't expect Nunes to KO her if I'm being completely honest.

Also Nunes doesn't have 1/4 of the boxing acumen that Holly has, food for thought.

Very hard... for 1 round

You her lesbo friend?

if Rounda gets hit a couple times she might panic as she reminds the Holly beating, it will be over then... but as I said, th shots must land first

This fight has a lot of variables. This is Ronda's first fight back after a devastating KO loss. She could look great, or she could look terrible.

I personally think the odds are stacked against her. Amanda has been super active and has looked great doing so. Hard to believe that Ronda is the favorite.

Obviously in the fight game, anything can happen. If Nunez does something really dumb and shoots early on Ronda or jumps into her guard, she would probably lose the fight. If she fights a reasonably smart fight, I feel Nunez has a LOT of things in her favor. There is no disputing that Ronda's mental state was significantly affected by her loss. We can debate to what degree she's recovered mentally, but realistically, she's almost definitely going to come into the fight yet haunted to some degree by her loss. On the flip side of that, Nunez' mental state and optimism seems unshakeable right now. She also has seen Ronda beaten. That helps on a psychological level just to know she's beatable but also to know what fighting strategy specifically has been effective to beat her.

theres not another woman alive in 135 wmma that hits as hard as Nunes, including Holm.. look at their track records & not only the fact that Nunes has 5 first round finishes in 6 UFC wins, but even her decision win and tko loss were bc she gassed out after badly rocking her opponents, Ronda has to close the distance (& clinch!) against another judo/bjj player who punches harder than anyone she's ever fought

Also Nunes doesn't have 1/4 of the boxing acumen that Holly has, food for thought.

thats like saying Robbie Lawler doesnt have 1/4 of the boxing acumen that Marcus Davis does...

Hopefully hard enough to make Ronda disappear for good this time

I think she is gonna obliterate Ronda. I don't think she is gonna respond well to getting hit again and will panic early and go ape shit aggro. She did it to Bethe, but Bethe just stood there and traded shots. Holly stayed calm and just kept using her over aggressiveness against her. Nunes seems to me that she has gotten to a level in which she will keep her distance, stay patient and calm, and keep striking with the straighter, faster shots.

I see Ronda trying to fake some sort of strategy like pretending to be a Jedi and taunting Nunes into attacking her. Maybe slowly stalking Nunes. I agree with you that she will snap when Nunes clocks her hard and/or dodges her strikes/takedown attempts.

#feartheangrytardbullrush

#fearfatchixpretendingtobethin

#fearbeingaskedunscreenedquestionsandinterviewersthatwontkissyourass

It's funny. Before holly people acknowledged that at least Ronda had striking power. Now it's not mentioned at all. But Ronda has power and if it becomes a slugfest Ronda still has a chance. It's if nunes is methodical where Ronda is in big trouble. Assuming she has trouble initiating a clinch.

Ronda generally blocks punches with her face so i think we're about to find out soon

Back