Just how good is Conor McGregor's chin?

The Blob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's obviously not glass or anything, but it's strange because I remember him eating some good shots from Chad, but then pillow-fisted Nate rocked him and forced him to panic wrestle. I don't hold the Mayweather loss against him because it was his first time in a pro boxing match. Khabib is a bad technical striker but he connects with one of his wild haymakers somehow, it could spell trouble for Conor, especially if he's already hurt from G&P.

I think it's slightly above average, but nothing special. What say you?

He's not some terminator that people like to think he is. Especially against people his own size.
It's pretty good, but he's human.
<{1-8}>

Last edited:
Seems like getting hit on the chin mucks with his gas tank.

He isn't chinny but he does seem to get rocked from some punches that don't have much behind them.

Chin? Everyone has a button

I actually think he has a great chin, but his cardio makes him very destructible once his tank starts to empty

Overrated. Just never fights anybody who can actually reach him for a good shot.

You saw what happened with Diaz. Had him running for his life. A bully who cowers when things are equal.

his chine is fine, above average

But he has two problems

1) He gasses

2) He has poor defence and his chin won't hold up forever

I always thought his chin was impressive. Khabib doesn't have any particular power anyway, I don't think a flash KO on the feet is really Conor's concern here.

Last edited:
Cardio has a lot to do with chin. (its also mental) When hes fresh he can eat some good shots but when hes not he cant. Same can be said about many other fighters.

I would say he has a great chin. It’s his heart I question.

Nothing that's going to give him problems against Khabib. If he's gonna get fucked it's going to be because of his gas tank and TDD.

his chine is fine, above average

But he has two problems

1) He gasses

2) He has poor defence and his chin won't hold up forever
He definitely gasses but I disagree with the poor defense part. I don't know why I see that said around here so often he hardly gets tagged unless he is gassed.

edit: Nate didn't touch him until he gassed and Eddie landed like 2 clean punches.

He took the same overhands Jury did but didn't get knocked out. His chin is good

conor gasses and makes punches look worse than they actuall are
his chin is one of the all time best chins in MMA

he has fought elite strikers like:
joe duffy - undefeated boxer
diego brandao - 13kos, mini Wand
dennis siver - world champ kickboxer
max holloway (9ko)
chad mendes - trained under duane bang who has fastest ufc ko
dustin poirier - 12kos and most violent man in UFC
jose aldo - FW GOAT
eddie alvarez - the underground king
nate diaz - elite boxer who trains with andre ward
floyd mayweather, best boxer of all time

yes, conor has lost, but he's never been knocked down and look at all the killers he's faced

Solid chin imo

He's got a problem where he drops his hands and turns into a drunken Chris Leben with no power when her tires though. That will have his chin cracked sooner or later.

It's obviously not glass or anything, but it's strange because I remember him eating some good shots from Chad, but then pillow-fisted Nate rocked him and forced him to panic wrestle. I don't hold the Mayweather loss against him because it was his first time in a pro boxing match. Khabib is a bad technical striker but he connects with one of his wild haymakers somehow, it could spell trouble for Conor, especially if he's already hurt from G&P.

I think it's slightly above average, but nothing special. What say you?

He was hit upside the head 100 times clean by a guy that hits harder than anyone close to his weight in the UFC, and still wasn't even dropped.

In fact, HE HAS NEVER BEEN DROPPED.

Haters will literally knock anything about him. It's like god damn, if he had any better chin, it would literally break mother fuckers hands.

Didn't that fight end in 38 seconds with Conor getting choked an inch away from total unconsciousness?
did you even read my post? what does his poor ground game have to do with his adamantium chin?

Back