Just had my 3rd fight sherbro’s

Dilaan, great fight and thanks for the share as well as maturity to listen to and weaponise critique for your next outing. I'll take care of the fighter tags for you and can update you privately should there be any need to. Cheers

@Dilaanf_

Good job man, entertaining scrap. If theres one suggestion I could make as far as your training/sparring goes, i'd say to prioritize head movement.

That was a fun one to watch well done. Definitely work on keeping the distance and work on your boxing, there's a lot of reach not being utilised. Left hook to the body is looking great.
The main thing I noticed was a lack of using feints. Feints can be really effective in making your opponent make mistakes and making them waste energy. Fake some punches and kicks and try to see a reaction from your opponent. It can be a good way to keep your opponent off you without using energy and it might make notice an opening for a strike. Congrats on having a good scrap

Too many wild exchanges. Use those long legs of yours more. Work on your jab and front kick. If you’re aggressive that’s fine but pressure don’t swarm. A Bas Rutten trick was a right push kick into the ropes then unload when they’re recovering.

Good scrap. You'd probably beat half of Sherdog. ;)

Criticism: looks like you had a reach advantage which you did not use AT ALL. More jabs, more straight punches next time.

Good luck!
The front kicks!!!

Good job man, entertaining scrap. If theres one suggestion I could make as far as your training/sparring goes, i'd say to prioritize head movement.
Or footwork. The first line of defence is your feet.

That was a fun one to watch well done. Definitely work on keeping the distance and work on your boxing, there's a lot of reach not being utilised. Left hook to the body is looking great.
The main thing I noticed was a lack of using feints. Feints can be really effective in making your opponent make mistakes and making them waste energy. Fake some punches and kicks and try to see a reaction from your opponent. It can be a good way to keep your opponent off you without using energy and it might make notice an opening for a strike. Congrats on having a good scrap
You have to give your opponent a reason to respond to your feints or it’s just an empty threat. That’s why jabs and front kicks are so important. Say you find success with straight right hands to a point where they’re going damage. Fake the right hand, left hook to the body.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/positioning-and-what-it-means-to-you-pt-2.2823305/
Read this from Sinister. It is about having a threatening left hand. It is mostly about boxing but relevant for your sport too. He uses fencing as an example, which suggests that left hand up and threatening is a base for all kind of combat.

Which guard ... I dont know. I do not know guards. I know my left hand should be a bit forward and pointing towards my opponent (best if it protects me from straight to the body and face too) with my left feet too. And my right hand should be close to my chest and chin.

As my old boxing coach was saying. Left hand is a shield, right hand is a sword. You brake with the left you kill with the right. Use that shield not only for defence but for offence too. And he was very encouraging when you are holding, pushing, grabbing with that left hand.
I have a two sword philosophy.

Good shit man, good fight. I loved your hooks and kicks to the liver. Just as a fan of that fight, I would have liked to see you work that more, I enjoyed seeing you dig in on that shit. You have the shit to make that a speciality, and you're quick with that right high kick follow up. That's a scary-looking flurry combination to contend with. If you did nothing else besides that over and over I'd buy a ticket. .... Other than that my brother, I think I'd stick with the haircut, maybe sculpt the beard into a three or four inch goatee, and maybe a huge bullwhip tattoo on your back. I think you could pull that shit off. You kick like a bullwhip. Your walkout theme is writ

His aggression was jamming those kicks.

You did great, no question you won. You bullied him for most of the time, got more shots and cleaner heavier shots in than him. He was really frustrated early on and it stayed that way. You won most exchanges except for like 2 or 3. He was dealing with heavy, flush shots that were knocking him around the ring and he did NOT know what to do about. You can tell the effect the had, the stuff he had to deal with was awful- he had to hold his soul together by sheer will just in the 1st round.

I see that you didn't just meet him linear/head on and stay in the pocket-- that really helped you immediately in the fight. I'm really proud of you not crowding yourself and suffocating your punches- you managed the distance really well. I was worried because one of your earlier fights you tied up over and over. Not this time- great stuff

I didn't see anything too obvious that you did wrong. I'm sure you can see yourself where to improve and what to do differently (whatever cost you or got you hit clean) as you watch from the camera view. You exceeded my expectations, looks like you really did some great training and improvements since last time. Keep up the improvement, it's not time to slack and get worse. Keep getting more polished like you did this time. You are really fun to watch!

You have to give your opponent a reason to respond to your feints or it’s just an empty threat. That’s why jabs and front kicks are so important. Say you find success with straight right hands to a point where they’re going damage. Fake the right hand, left hook to the body.
Good point but they can be useful just to make your punches harder to see coming

Yes, but a potential threat must be established first. Unless you’re gifted.
When theres a threat they become way more effective totally agree with you but you could easily use a feint as your first strike in a fight. When you're moving your hands it makes it a lot harder to see punches coming. But ya definitely if a strike is working effectively a feint will be more useful

Back