Just had a Cavity Removed, Advice Welcomed.

my advice:

listen to the doctor when he's telling you shit that you should/should not do instead of contemplating what you'll include in your next sherdog thread.

Didn't you dentist give you advice on what to do an expect after having a cavity? Why are you asking sherdog?

And since when is getting a filling a big deal, if it is really bothering you that bad take an ibuprofen.

My dentist is Japanese and can't speak English, while my Japanese is pretty good, if someone is speaking to me using medical terminology, I'm not gonna understand everything.

Also, it's nice to get other peoples' experiences, perspective on this because I don't know a lot about teeth/dentistry .... I literally didn't visit a dentist for 11 years, that's how much I know about teeth. There is only so much a dentist can tell you in a 10 minute conversation (my knowledge on teeth is literally ZERO).

I mean, I literally asked the dentist "would my tooth grow back again" ... Like, seriously, I know f**k all about teeth and am now researching blogs on the internet and thought I'd hit up the sherdog forums, while I'm here.

Geez, do I honestly have to justify why I'm posting on sherdog?? Maybe I should have created a "Batman v Superman" thread, instead???? Here's an idea, Why not just contribute to the thread with personal experiences, anecdotes, advice, instead of just wasting my time.

Last edited:
My dentist is Japanese and can't speak English, while my Japanese is pretty good, if someone is speaking to me using medical terminology, I'm not gonna understand everything.

Also, it's nice to get other peoples' experiences, perspective on this because I don't know a lot about teeth/dentistry .... I literally didn't visit a dentist for 11 years, that's how much I know about teeth. There is only so much a dentist can tell you in a 10 minute conversation (my knowledge on teeth is literally ZERO).

I mean, I literally asked the dentist "would my tooth grow back again" ... Like, seriously, I know f**k all about teeth and am now researching blogs on the internet and thought I'd hit up the sherdog forums, while I'm here.

You don't need to know that much about teeth. Brush and floss your godamn teeth. Avoid sugary drinks. How hard is that.

You don't need to know that much about teeth. Brush and floss your godamn teeth. Don't drink sugary drinks. How hard is that.

Yeah mate, close the door after the horse has bolted ... it's a bit too late for that now, I have 4 cavities. I'm looking for advice on how to treat post surgery teeth, stop grinding my teeth while I sleep and it would be nice to hear some similar experiences from other posters, because real people post on here.

... Instead, I'm justifying why I am posting on sherdog in the first place... which is dumb.

TS, I suffer from bruxism as well (grinding while sleeping). Went to the local drug store and got a mouthpiece that you mould using boiling water for about 30.00. No problems since then.

my advice:

listen to the doctor when he's telling you shit that you should/should not do instead of contemplating what you'll include in your next sherdog thread.

I have been reading blogs on the internet about dealing with cavities and thought I would post on sherdog to get advice, similar experiences as a lot of this is new to me. And so far, I have got some useful information.

Seriously, why even post?

TS, I suffer from bruxism as well (grinding while sleeping). Went to the local drug store and got a mouthpiece that you mould using boiling water for about 30.00. No problems since then.

Oh, you found it helpful? I'm gonna try that, maybe order one from my dentist. Didn't even know the condition was called "Bruxism" ... it's crazy, but I feel like I can't even physically grind my teeth when I'm awake, but I apparently do it a lot when I sleep ;/

don't sleep with your mouth open, there's a lot of bad health effects from mouth respiration. use a soft-bristled brush and brush gently, don't scrub the shit out of your teeth trying to get them clean, you probably have enough enamel damage as is.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to chill and not grind my teeth before I sleep at night until I order this mouth piece.

Diet and regular flossing are way important than brushing. Brushing is the most overrated activity if you eat correctly (meaning humans are not designed to eat the amount and kind of sugar/carbs in most of our foods) -but it's too late for that lulz.

Rinsing with salt water will help with irritation of those other cavities -as for grinding, most people I know with this problem use a retainer designed to stop this grinding action

Back