Just got the Brown Belt.

Like everyone else, congratulations. Working hard and keeping to it are a recipe for success. At your age to be a brown belt is an amazing accomplishment. I have to echo what the other posters, who, like me, are closer to forty than thirty. Your getting the brown belt before 30 is a pretty big motivation for me to train as hard as I can to reach the purple before 40. Thanks for posting your story. I can't wait to hear about your getting your faixa preta, especially from Jean Jacques.

congrats bro, been reading your posts when i just got here

thanks to all you guys. im glad to hear that my story is motivating you guys. It takes as much love for the game as it does dedication. what i see as being a big key to rapid improvement is trying new things EVERYDAY, always have your bread n butter, but theres just some guys who stick to the same thing and become good at only that. open mind, open game and most importantly... have fun while your at it.

I see a lot of threads and post of people wanting to have the game of such and such player, thats the wrong way to go about it IMO. Those guys we admire are showcasing their stuff, not the stuff of others. Its the only part ive ever disagreed with Eddie Bravo, cuz trust me, the guy is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, ive seen him tap black belts like its another walk in the part. but his teachings are for HIS system. i dont know, not trying to hate on the guy, hes one of the most down to earth, helpful guys that ive ever met, but just disagree with that approach.

be free, be open and be confident in your game.

first day training with the brown belt, and man its a great feeling.

Congratz, that's awesome, hope to roll with you someday, I'm at John Machado's.

Congratz, that's awesome, hope to roll with you someday, I'm at John Machado's.

you must know marcel santos, he trains at our academy now, but says he trained at Johns for years. You know him?

thanks to all you guys. im glad to hear that my story is motivating you guys. It takes as much love for the game as it does dedication. what i see as being a big key to rapid improvement is trying new things EVERYDAY, always have your bread n butter, but theres just some guys who stick to the same thing and become good at only that. open mind, open game and most importantly... have fun while your at it.

I see a lot of threads and post of people wanting to have the game of such and such player, thats the wrong way to go about it IMO. Those guys we admire are showcasing their stuff, not the stuff of others. Its the only part ive ever disagreed with Eddie Bravo, cuz trust me, the guy is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, ive seen him tap black belts like its another walk in the part. but his teachings are for HIS system. i dont know, not trying to hate on the guy, hes one of the most down to earth, helpful guys that ive ever met, but just disagree with that approach.

be free, be open and be confident in your game.

first day training with the brown belt, and man its a great feeling.

Good post. Congrats!

congrats, im looking forward to be where u r, i wish i would have started at 18-19, i started at 23 (damn u college, lol) but i train like a mad man so i hope to be where u r at soon, congrats bro, brown is a huge accomplishment

my bachelor degree will be nothing compared to receiving my black belt, i know i know im crazy but dead serious

that's cool to hear about eddie! how much does he train with u guys, i know he still loves the gi, u can never abandon the gi!!

lmao zankou at your av!! :D

congrats, im looking forward to be where u r, i wish i would have started at 18-19, i started at 23 (damn u college, lol) but i train like a mad man so i hope to be where u r at soon, congrats bro, brown is a huge accomplishment

my bachelor degree will be nothing compared to receiving my black belt, i know i know im crazy but dead serious

I just recently got my BA also and I wasn't thinking about how I can now look for a better job, I was thinking finally I can focus more of my time on training! I guess only time will tell if our priorities are in line or not.:icon_chee

that's cool to hear about eddie! how much does he train with u guys, i know he still loves the gi, u can never abandon the gi!!

lmao zankou at your av!! :D

Eddie hasnt trained at Jean Jacques in years, hes a busy guy, runs his biz and is first a musician over a jiu jitsu fighter it seems. He is still in good terms with jean jacques from what i hear. he was there for the first 6 months when i first started then went on to do his thang.

he never trained with the gi, i think maybe once or twice i saw him wear it, but he always wore the GI pants. him an Joe were the loudest guys on the mats, miss those two lovebirds.

HELLO!

I am Resendiz, the thread starter. Can't find my password so I have a new username. Sucks because I have quite a few post on Resendiz account.

Anyways, due to life, bills and well life in general. I stopped training shortly after I received my brown belt.

I still can not train due to the hours and my business. I have created a large home gym with real jiu jitsu academy level mats and stuff. I will post my own thread about it soon.

I am unable to start a thread. ANyone know why? Long story short I have everything ready. If you live in san fernando and want free training , i have an academy size training area.I will show images and all details once I am able to start a thread. I think you guys will be happy with the quality of my set up. No cash. all free, yes for real. My home, i can do what I want without paying extra for warehouse space. Very excited, excuse the fast paced rambling.

Please help by letting me know how I can start my first post on this account. I tried contacting admins regarding my Resendiz account but nobody responded.

HELLO!

I am Resendiz, the thread starter. Can't find my password so I have a new username. Sucks because I have quite a few post on Resendiz account.

Anyways, due to life, bills and well life in general. I stopped training shortly after I received my brown belt.

I still can not train due to the hours and my business. I have created a large home gym with real jiu jitsu academy level mats and stuff. I will post my own thread about it soon.

I am unable to start a thread. ANyone know why? Long story short I have everything ready. If you live in san fernando and want free training , i have an academy size training area.I will show images and all details once I am able to start a thread. I think you guys will be happy with the quality of my set up. No cash. all free, yes for real. My home, i can do what I want without paying extra for warehouse space. Very excited, excuse the fast paced rambling.

Please help by letting me know how I can start my first post on this account. I tried contacting admins regarding my Resendiz account but nobody responded.

I think that white belts can't start thread anymore

There was a lot of troll accounts starting fighter bashing threads in the UFC forum

Damn, 8 years later you show up. Thats amazing, like reading posts from another time.
Why the itch to train again all of a sudden? And more details on why you stopped in the first place.

TroldeAnsigt, I didn't want to be broke anymore. Life is expensive in Los Angeles, had to take care of life first. Lots of friends have now become black belts, most were blue and purples when I left.

Crap, sucks to hear about being unable to post a thread as a white belt. Asked 2 mods to give me the first and last letter of the email associated with my account, but I haven't heard back

HELLO!

@Peteyandjia @Lethal
Please help this man!

Thanks for hooking Resendiz up!

My pleasha!

1HDL.gif

Back