Just got my blue belt

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Tonight i wasn't even thinking of going to class, but i decided to anyway. After like 30 hour into the class Joao comes out and tells the other black belt to put it on hold. He told us to form up into the little gauntlet thing, in 2 rows, and that people were getting promoted. 2 or 3 other guys went first, and then me. He gave me the belt, tied it, then sent me through to get my whipping. I've been training for about 10 months or so, but there was a 6 month gap in that from when i was deployed with the Marine Corps. I was really mad about that, because when I came back i was so shitty. I started doing double sessions for a while and really picked up my game. At least now I'm not the automatic volunteer anytime they need someone to clean the mats.

Congrats! So you got your blue with 4 months of training? Impressive!!!

Maybe i worded that bad. It took me 10 months total. I think I already took out that 6 months.

wow, that's quick... any prior training in other arts?

grats. that's about how long it took for me to get my blue.

Congrats man, you should me proud!

And congrats on getting to the next stage that quickly!

As others have asked, do you have any previous training (MA, wrestling, strength training/lifting, etc)?

whats r they givin' them away now. If my coach gave me a blue after 10 month I'm either BJ Penn or I'm givin' the blue belt back.

No one at my gym gets a blue in 10 months.

4 months? I take it its not a gracie gym.
(No Insult intended) congrats!

i got my blue in 8-9 months, with no prior grappling expierence, just takes many hours per week and doing well in competitions... from a Renzo Gracie school also under a legit BB...im also 215 lbs tho -.-

How long has it taken everyone else. Ive been training for almost 2 years and just got my fourth stripe on my white. I go about 3-5 times a week. my hubby is blue with a stirpe and has been training for 3 years. Congrats by the way!!!!

Back