Just got done hitting myself in the head..... I wish I had found this forum years ago

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by yocan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

I always told my coach I was wearing myself out to the point of getting slower. He didn't believe me cause A I was already fast so when B we tapered I'd still win. I would go an entire season and never get a good time until we tapered down for NCAAs..... never could really state why this program wasn't working.... I decided I should do a matrix for an off day so read that part of the sticky. and lo and behold along with a fairly decent explanation.
    This was my high school coaches philosophy even if he never overtly said it so I could never explain it for replication. It was not my college coaches. Its irritating cause I think how much faster would I have been if I just read this stuff through when I still swam..... grrrrrrrrrrrr to put this in perspective I won NCAAs on a relay and literally never felt I had a good race more than one guy on that relay said the same thing.... I think I can now put into words why.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Baconator69**

Baconator69** Banned Banned

3. James Fuller

James Fuller Amateur Fighter

Dude the thought of a coach being able to sabatoge my career like that...oh wait my entire college soccer career lol I hear you I have a bookmark so I come here way more than sherdog.com lol

4. Ian Coe

Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

There's a sherdog.com?

5. CoreCanyon

CoreCanyon Geez, lots of new people.

how's your hand?