Just got back from ADCC-SP, and i think it is retarded.

Giovanefugazza

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First of all let me say some of the stuff you guys wont care much.

But the organization of the event was pitiful.

They only allowed us to get the tickets on the very same day of the event. Noti ce that here in Brazil, the event started early in the morning, therefore we had to arrive 7am just to get the tickets before the event started. But the stupid thing is that they only allowed us to get the tickets around 20minutes before the event started. and there was a huuuuge line. I was one of the first 50 in line so i only lost the cripple fight, but many people were able to get in only about one hour after the event started.

And i would like to note that the food in there was horrible and waay too expensive. 7 bucks for a bottle of water and 15 bucks for a ham sandwich (note, there was only ham and bread, no cheese, no mayonnaise, nothing.)

And now the most important thing.

The referees sucked ass and those rules give advantages for non exciting fighters.

I lost count how many restarts were made where fighter number one was in an advantageous position and the referee was not able to get back to the same position in the middle of the mat.

Plus, the points and penalties system was retarded.

How can a fighter like Orlando Sanchez get no penalties in none of his fights throughout the competition. That fucking hippo would not even attempt to posture in guard and then try to pass, he was just laying down there thinking about the postmatch cheeseburguer his coach would give him.

And Dean lister got robbed and i still do not get it. If someone knows please tell me.

The match against yuri simoes ended and Lister was winning 2-0. There was some complaint about yuri sweeping him. but Dean did had that guillotine locked therefore there would be no points untill yuri got freed from the submission .

And then they went to overtime even tough Dean had already won on points in regular time.

And the rules, they favor the strongest guy to stall for the first five minutes and then run a glorified wrestling match for the rest of the fight, since the fighters are not able to pull guard.

And that is the reason we have 2 champions who never scored a point on their matches (Pig Sanchez and Calazans).

And i would like to note that the food in there was horrible and waay too expensive. 7 bucks for a bottle of water and 15 bucks for a ham sandwich (note, there was only ham and bread, no cheese, no mayonnaise, nothing.)

Shoyoroll is doing food now?

They only allowed us to get the tickets on the very same day of the event. Noti ce that here in Brazil, the event started early in the morning, therefore we had to arrive 7am just to get the tickets before the event started. But the stupid thing is that they only allowed us to get the tickets around 20minutes before the event started. and there was a huuuuge line. I was one of the first 50 in line so i only lost the cripple fight, but many people were able to get in only about one hour after the event started.

Org was kind of bad, but this is not true, I got the tickets the day before at the hotel pestana, and it was already sold out, I had to pay 500 reais for the vvip (totally worth it, although not in terms of view, I couldnt see shit half of the time)

food was horrible and expensive as fuck.

The referees sucked ass and those rules give advantages for non exciting fighters.

I lost count how many restarts were made where fighter number one was in an advantageous position and the referee was not able to get back to the same position in the middle of the mat.

How can a fighter like Orlando Sanchez get no penalties in none of his fights throughout the competition. That fucking hippo would not even attempt to posture in guard and then try to pass, he was just laying down there thinking about the postmatch cheeseburguer his coach would give him.

And Dean lister got robbed and i still do not get it. If someone knows please tell me.

The match against yuri simoes ended and Lister was winning 2-0. There was some complaint about yuri sweeping him. but Dean did had that guillotine locked therefore there would be no points untill yuri got freed from the submission .

And then they went to overtime even tough Dean had already won on points in regular time.

And the rules, they favor the strongest guy to stall for the first five minutes and then run a glorified wrestling match for the rest of the fight, since the fighters are not able to pull guard.

And that is the reason we have 2 champions who never scored a point on their matches (Pig Sanchez and Calazans).

I couldnt agree more, although sanchez got one submission.

7 US dollars for a bottle of water?? 15 for the ham sandwich??? Are you fucking kidding me? That is highway robbery.

Shoyoroll is doing food now?

QONVIyz.gif

IBJJF Worlds and Pans are no different.

It's expensive, but not that bad. The bbq place that comes is like 12 bucks for a steak sandwich but at least it's quality. Acai bowls are like $6 and a good size. You can get relatively cheap concessions from the stadium.

arm bar from top crucifix (he was on top crucifix and he triangled his legs around one of his opponents arm, getting an arm bar)

Ah that's right. Damn. His performance was so dull that I forgot he even got a sub. Hell, the guy who attended didn't even think he scored a single point....which I guess technically, he didn't. Haha.

Ah that's right. Damn. His performance was so dull that I forgot he even got a sub. Hell, the guy who attended didn't even think he scored a single point....which I guess technically, he didn't. Haha.

Hahaha i guess it is hard to catch everything when i'm trying to watch 3 fights at a time

But if you guys are saying it i believe it

Dean Lister had 2 penalty points for stalling. The score therefore was 2-2. The ref didn't notice the penalty points on the score card and raised Deans hand. Then the scoreboard people told him no it's a tie.

can't wait to hear about the prices in the Olympics

Back