Just found this random fighter with a 14-0 record and a win over Jake Shields

Just researched this Mark Weir fellow he fought in the UFC., because I've never heard of him (And UFC 40 is the first UFC sh. He fought Matt Lindland and Paul Daley....
which season, 1 or 2?

that was a wild show. Ed Lover was a commentator. Terry Crews was one of the "gladiators"... they even did an invasion angle on wcw.

Apparently Terry Crews was offered a WCW contract after this Fiasco and said no. It was probably a wise decision looking at what happened to that company like a year later.

Phillip Miller
20130606103407_phillip_miller.JPG

View attachment 708571
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Phillip-Miller-482

<mma4><mma4><mma4>
I remember him clearly because as a UK fan I took notice when he defeated 2 Brits. One of them being Mark Weir who was coming of a pretty spectacular ko. I was still learning the sport and didn't respect the wrestling game. I hoped/assume Weir would catch him with some strikes, and I was totally wrong.

Glad he retired unbeaten and didn't keep trying to come back like BJ. I wonder what he's up to now.

Lol several years ago this topic used to pop up all the time. Him and Machida when Machida wasn’t well known. Blast from the past.
Back then, my favorite response to the "What happened to this Phillip Miller dude???" threads was "he got his head stuck in a porthole while taking his Sherdog picture".
Sadly, after 10 min of intense google-fu, I tap out... his old sherdog pic has disappeared from the interwebz (even tried time machine)
<{gspressed}>
Still gonna post, some old head who remembers his previous official pic might get a chuckle out of it...

"When Machida wasn't well known." Bro that was more than just a few years ago, that was like 15 years ago. And by bro I mean old man.
I guess 30 makes me an old man, but i remember when Machida wasent well known.

My friends and I got into mma when we were like 13 and were obsessed with it

Good wins on there too.

Id say he is a smart man to pursue a different career, prob makes more whatever he does.

which season, 1 or 2?

that was a wild show. Ed Lover was a commentator. Terry Crews was one of the "gladiators"... they even did an invasion angle on wcw.

Terry Crews was in no way affiliated with that show, brah. Now T-Money, on the other hand...

Kinda funny how he made more money winning Battledome than he did in all of his other fights combined, really.

I’ve been saying it for years
Pat miller is the best mma fighter I ever seen
No one could beat Paul Miller, he is the GOAT
War Perry miller !!

Just to be clear, the guy went life and death with Mark Weir. He's not the greatest What If in MMA history cuz if you look at who he would have been facing a couple years down the road and you look at his skillset at the time, you can draw some pretty natural conclusions about how the rest of his fight career would've looked.
By that metric Serra never beat GSP because why bother fighting when we knew GSP would win... Oh wait.

Dudes a total what if

I remember back in the day there were about 2 Phillip Miller threads per year. Think Sherdog even had a “where are they now?” on him a while back. Iirc he’s a cop.

By that metric Serra never beat GSP because why bother fighting when we knew GSP would win... Oh wait.

Dudes a total what if

Yeah, but Miller was a totally different fighter than Serra and really not that great at anything. Serra had pop and faced elite fighters his whole career (he even beat some, too); Miller beat a baby Jake Shields and Mark Weir. Miller would have gone on to face guys like Lindland, Busta, Almeida, Salaverry, Loiseau, Semenov, Suloev, etc after Baroni (who he definitely could have beat) and with his wrestle-heavy style against those guys I truly can not envision him doing anything but getting whooped. If you've watched his fights (I have to believe you have) you know he had no stand up or punching power to speak of and relied completely on his gas tank and 'rasslin' to get the job done. The Top 10 of the MW division in 2002/2003, outside of Baroni, were completely and utterly superior to him in every way that counted. Serra beating GSP is still unbelievable to this day due to the massive athletic and skill discrepancy between the two, but Serra had massive KO power that we've seen can turn a fight on its head in an instant. Miller was just a fit grinder with heart. There would have been no flash KO's for him against Top MW's.

I understand the point you're trying to make but in my eyes I think you gotta look at these what ifs in some sort of context and on a case by case basis. For me, Miller reached damn near his limit of exploitation with Weir and, barring a matchup over Baroni or Eugene Jackson, he was in for a painful couple years if he stuck around MMA.

Just my take, mind you.

he was 13-0 with 2 wins in the UFC and somehow ended up in HooknShoot (?)

Theres a 2nd page you know? Dumbass

It says he was making 4k/4k and felt like he lost a step in training so he became a police officer and has no regrets

Lol the second page link was in a drop-down menu hahahaha. I've never seen that before ever, must be the internet of old.

The 'What happened to Phillip Miller' threads were classic back in the day. Followed by 'Who is this Lyoto Machida guy?'.

Mark weir and james zikic solid wins too InfatuatedMinorGuppy-small.gif

Jon Jones, Fedor, Anderson, Philip Miller

Mount Rushmore

Back