Just found this random fighter with a 14-0 record and a win over Jake Shields

It’s one of the sport’s most common narratives. An aspiring fighter strings together a living in a conventional line of work while moonlighting as a mixed martial artist, eventually risking that financial stability for a shot at professional stardom.
Thanks for posting the entire article. Don't want to reward that garbage website sherdog with any clicks

It’s one of the sport’s most common narratives. An aspiring fighter strings together a living in a conventional line of work while moonlighting as a mixed martial artist, eventually risking that financial stability for a shot at professional stardom......
So he got out of the game because he didn't want to be on the other end of getting the kind of beatings he was giving out, and end up fucked up. Yet he was the high school coach of and is part of the origin story of the poster child of receiving those kind of beatings: Diego Sanchez. Irony.

24-year old, 16-0, realizes that he’s not going to be undefeated forever, meaning taking a lot of cumulative damage in the future while having absolutely no financial gain for it, so he retires and becomes a cop.

Smartest guy to ever fight in MMA.

Lol several years ago this topic used to pop up all the time. Him and Machida when Machida wasn’t well known. Blast from the past.

Lol several years ago this topic used to pop up all the time. Him and Machida when Machida wasn’t well known. Blast from the past.
"When Machida wasn't well known." Bro that was more than just a few years ago, that was like 15 years ago. And by bro I mean old man.

"When Machida wasn't well known." Bro that was more than just a few years ago, that was like 15 years ago. And by bro I mean old man.

That was around the same time people would be talking about Phillip Miller, look at his fight dates.

Last edited:
Before I clicked the thread, I knew it be Phillip Miller.

Before I clicked the thread, I knew it be Phillip Miller.
every couple years it comes back
but just who is this Ryoto dude? wins over bj penn AND rich franklin? cant be....

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Phillip-Miller-Where-Is-He-Now-17213

Well ... I have my little Phillip Miller story ...

I'm casting contestants for Battledome and I call Tedd Williams (Gene LeBell black belt) and ask him if he's got any up and comers that might be physical enough for the show ... Tedd says he's got a few and brings a handful of guys to the audition at Sony studios, one of whom was Phillip Miller ... the guy was in such incredible condition and had impressive skills and a thick skin ... he ends up winning the whole season which had a prize of 25K cash and a 75K Harley Davidson from West Coast Choppers!

So there it was ... you're impressed I'm sure.

I could not find out anything else on short notice.
which season, 1 or 2?

that was a wild show. Ed Lover was a commentator. Terry Crews was one of the "gladiators"... they even did an invasion angle on wcw.

Was probably fighting for $500 a pop and decided to go work at UPS.
If he's lucky, maybe UPS will start a GoFundMe to cover his funeral expenses after thanking the police for murdering him like they did Frank Ordonez.

Phillip Miller
20130606103407_phillip_miller.JPG

View attachment 708571
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Phillip-Miller-482

<mma4><mma4><mma4>
Passes the eye-test Too, goat candidate confirmed.

24-year old, 16-0, realizes that he’s not going to be undefeated forever, meaning taking a lot of cumulative damage in the future while having absolutely no financial gain for it, so he retires and becomes a cop.

Smartest guy to ever fight in MMA.
Pfffft, had he stuck around he would’ve gotten ppppaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddd! Imagine how much jello
he could’ve bought with all that Reebok money.

He's too good to fight in the UFC :D

lol @ random. so many new fans. Yeah Miller was a solid fighter back in the day and had good wrestling and ground and pound, was a bit stiff and uncoordinated in the striking though. Would need to have developed massively to win in the current era

Back