Just finished the Witcher 3

It's up there but GOAT is a stretch. The leveling isn't perfect (should be more balancing between the amount of XP you get for quests and other side tasks) and there are a few technical hiccups but otherwise it's a 9.75/10 game.

I'm currently on my second playthough of the game, this time on death march. Its actually way more fun this way. Less forgiving but much more rewarding.

Youre on to something here. I enjoyed how you really feel the impact of your decisions. I fucking loved this game

I loved it, I did about three play throughs. I did find that the combat did get way too easy towards the end but I loved it. I would love another game like this where you can create your character. Love beheading mother fuckers too!

It's up there but GOAT is a stretch. The leveling isn't perfect (should be more balancing between the amount of XP you get for quests and other side tasks) and there are a few technical hiccups but otherwise it's a 9.75/10 game.

I'm currently on my second playthough of the game, this time on death march. Its actually way more fun this way. Less forgiving but much more rewarding.
.25 is not really a stretch imo. It has its flaws like any other game but its as close to a perfect game as I have played. The mix of open world, story driven, deep characters, great graphics, pop culture references, lore, atmosphere etc is above and beyond other games.

I am thinking about trying an alchemy/sign build and trying to use swords for killing blows only.

Do the decisions/outcome of Witcher 2 carry onto Witcher 3?

Yes and no, but probably not the way you would want them too. Its not as connected as Mass Effect games, I think some characters can be dead in 2 and come back in 3 or characters totally "forget" what happened in 2. On there other hand there is continuity and plenty of references to the previous 2 games.

It is the greatest game ever. It has some gripes, but I have never seen a game that takes 60+ hours to beat packed with the kind of content density usually reserved for short games. Everything is lovingly crafted in that game. It has the best writing in a game I have ever seen, the characters feel like real people, the music is epic the graphics are gorgeous and the monsters are all beautiful original in appearance. I'm with you TS, to me it is the best game I ever played and I loved every single second of the time I spent in it and can't wait for the DLC's

I'd probably put Mass Effect 2 as my GOAT video game but Witcher 3 is top five easily. The mixture of rich atmosphere, depth, playability, beautiful environments and characters come to life all make it a legendary gaming experience.

It is the greatest game ever. It has some gripes, but I have never seen a game that takes 60+ hours to beat packed with the kind of content density usually reserved for short games. Everything is lovingly crafted in that game. It has the best writing in a game I have ever seen, the characters feel like real people, the music is epic the graphics are gorgeous and the monsters are all beautiful original in appearance. I'm with you TS, to me it is the best game I ever played and I loved every single second of the time I spent in it and can't wait for the DLC's

The writing is actually what I hated about this game it took a huge step back from the witcher 2. Everything leading up to the point where you find dandelion is just horribly written and kind of boring. I played about 25 hours of this game and then just stopped. It honestly just made me want to go back and play the witcher 2.

The writing is actually what I hated about this game it took a huge step back from the witcher 2. Everything leading up to the point where you find dandelion is just horribly written and kind of boring. I played about 25 hours of this game and then just stopped. It honestly just made me want to go back and play the witcher 2.
There is a pretty big lull in the action during act 2, and that's part of whats keeping me from giving it a perfect score. The whole Dandelion/Dudu/Novigrad storyline sucked ass. I don't want to interview seven of Dandelion's ex gfs or write and act in a stupid play. I understand it gives more life and depth to the characters but it's doing it for the ones who I find to be the most dull and uninteresting. The story overall has a nice ark to it and everything is wrapped up nicely but those 10-15 hours in the middle of the game really drag on.

I should mention that I didn't play either of the previous games nor have I read the books. Maybe if I had then those particular scenes and moments would've carried more weight for me but as a first timer getting into the action, that was a turn off.

Personally, the combat and sluggish, poor movement killed it for me. Combat system is 10+ years outdated.

I think it has a lot of great components but a handful of things that are not so great that really drag it down.

I bought this on sale just to hold me over till DS3 comes out, i really enjoy it.
On my 3 play through , first i did a fast melee build, then a Griffen signs build, this time is going to be a Alchemy build.
NG+ Death march is TOUGH, that's what I like

You have bought the first dlc haven't you?

Easy 9.5/10 for DLC

You have bought the first dlc haven't you?

Easy 9.5/10 for DLC
I had the same issue with the DLC as with the main game. There's a part in the middle where the momentum comes to a screeching halt for about an hour and a half and turns into a romantic comedy. The ending is appropriately dark, epic and metal but it's not without it's dry areas.

Hell yeah its defiantly GOAT. i tihnk they're new game cyberpunk will be the real flag winner though

Personally, the combat and sluggish, poor movement killed it for me. Combat system is 10+ years outdated.

Always been my number one gripe of the witcher series as well. They just can't seem to nail it. Their world building is amazing though. I'm hoping the cyberpunk game will benefit from, I'm assuming, having a greater emphasis on ranged combat. I can't wait to see what kind of sci fi world they create.

Back