Just finished college, what should my career be in?

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Well fellas, after 4 years I finally finished my strategic management summer class yesterday where i got a 96% final grade at UNC-Charlotte.

Im officially done with college and now I wait until graduation to receive my Bachelors in Finance with a concentration in risk management and insurance and a minor in history.

I'm happy considering I've went through a lot over the past few years and was still able to finish on a strong note, but now Im beginning to stress about my career options.

I want to find a career not a job that i can somewhat enjoy and that doesn't consume my life, any recommendations for a finance major that doesn't want some analyst or sales type job?

Also going to celebrate by playing the Witcher III tonight and banging my gf

Sales you say?

AbdyBBA9-750-500.jpg

Bachelors means nothing these days. Think about all the other people in your shoes just graduated with no jobs in their field. They are working retail or some miserable crap not related to their field.

Bachelors means nothing these days. Think about all the other people in your shoes just graduated with no jobs in their field. They are working retail or some miserable crap not related to their field.
Me

killed my dreams bro

me too after i graduated with a lousy bachelor in business administration , i ended up working some lame internships and marketing companies and all that bullshit. Had to completely switch fields. I guess it's how you network and who you know once you get your bachelors degree.

Are you in an area that has local banks that aren't large national banks? We have quite a few that are only in our state or surrounding areas. I'd get in there and work on the loan side. It will get your feet wet in the industry and then you can jump around within the bank or other branches. Most of these banks have a dedicated investment and trust officer position which would be right up your alley. If you go to a large national bank, it will be very sales oriented whereas the local ones aren't typically like that.

Are you in an area that has local banks that aren't large national banks? We have quite a few that are only in our state or surrounding areas. I'd get in there and work on the loan side. It will get your feet wet in the industry and then you can jump around within the bank or other branches. Most of these banks have a dedicated investment and trust officer position which would be right up your alley. If you go to a large national bank, it will be very sales oriented whereas the local ones aren't typically like that.
i live right near charlotte nc, so there are a shit ton or finance banking jobs

It's cute you still think it's your decision who hires you.

Well fellas, after 4 years I finally finished my strategic management summer class yesterday where i got a 96% final grade at UNC-Charlotte.

Im officially done with college and now I wait until graduation to receive my Bachelors in Finance with a concentration in risk management and insurance and a minor in history.

I'm happy considering I've went through a lot over the past few years and was still able to finish on a strong note, but now Im beginning to stress about my career options.

I want to find a career not a job that i can somewhat enjoy and that doesn't consume my life, any recommendations for a finance major that doesn't want some analyst or sales type job?

Also going to celebrate by playing the Witcher III tonight and banging my gf

Take grammar classes before your interview. As the interviewer, I wouldn't give you a job if I heard you say "I've went".

Also, you'd like something that won't consume your life, but in finance. That'll be tough in the beginning.

Other than that, congrats on your degree and high grade. Good luck.

Back